Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So what's the accurate infomration about your chances of dying if you get covid?
If you are infected? Probably less than 1% (averaging across all ages and health conditions). Treatment has improved from early in the pandemic but delta probably makes people sicker, so that's been something like a wash.
To those who are pro-vaccine and I'm not saying I'm not.....but what do you really, REALLY believe the death rate is for those who get covid and do you not find it very, very strange that 6 of them would actually die when such percentages aren't being reflected that way in the general population?
I'm not sure I see the problem. The church seems to have a weekly attendance of several thousand, so six people dying is not too shocking if they've had a lot of infections.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't understand the basic science.
Doesn't it strike you as the least bit odd that you think you understand the science better than the scientists studying the virus?

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't it strike you as the least bit odd that you think you understand the science better than the scientists studying the virus?

13F76141-766E-4C43-B479-CF3909EB6369.jpeg

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm not sure I see the problem. The church seems to have a weekly attendance of several thousand, so six people dying is not too shocking if they've had a lot of infections.

And IF they didn't have a lot of infections then you would find that very strange and worth asking the question what's going on?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's depressing. If everybody on earth were as reasonable and emotionally regulated as the Taiwanese or Koreans, I don't think we'ld be seeing this lasting years.
The Asian people are community oriented. Americans are individual oriented. In other words, Asians care more about the community surviving than the individual. Americans seem to be all me me me, caring much more about the individual than the community. I reckon we're witnessing the disadvantages of individualism in America. Likely for another year or three.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And IF they didn't have a lot of infections then you would find that very strange and worth asking the question what's going on?
I'd find it somewhat curious, but that's a big if. Given how closely deaths have tracked infections throughout the pandemic and throughout the world, the odds are quite good that a fair number of people were infected.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The Asian people are community oriented. Americans are individual oriented. In other words, Asians care more about the community surviving than the individual. Americans seem to be all me me me, caring much more about the individual than the community. I reckon we're witnessing the disadvantages of individualism in America. Likely for another year or three.
restate that as smaller communities with less history and you would be closer to my experience with American rural communities. I have a large Asian family in law and have observed the same dynamics amongst coworkers with local histories that go back to the growth of the local area. They both support each other, but have different experiences in what is needed to survive in empty vs already populated areas.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why isn't the flu considered a pandemic?

Lockdowns on businesses, which kill millions of jobs, are more damaging to human health and standard of living than COVID-19 is.

It was.

History of 1918 Flu Pandemic | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC

In fact if you looked up "Pandemic" in an encyclopedia it would probably mention one of the many flu pandemics.

See here:
pandemic | Description, Preparedness, & Historical Pandemics

Exact quote (I kid you not):

Throughout history, there have been many deadly pandemics, but the Black Death and the influenza pandemic of 1918–19 rank among the most lethal. The Black Death, which ravaged Europe between 1347 and 1351 and likely was caused by plague, killed roughly 25 million people. The influenza pandemic of 1918–19, or “Spanish flu,” claimed an estimated 20–40 million lives.

Florida never locked down businesses or the economy. Proving those extreme measures are irrational and unnecessary.

Your doomsday rhetoric was proven false over the last 12 months.

If you really cared about human life, you would stay up to date and informed and wouldn't need me to inform you on these very basic yet essential points.

Florida is doing very poorly at the moment, so this part of your post makes you look uninformed.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Sort of... Confucianism shouldn't be reduced to mere collectivism, as in a beehive, where individual uniqueness is erased and replaced with mindless drones. It's more correct to see Confucianism as relational, with Confucius principle moral axiom, "Whatever is hurtful to you, do not do to others", being emblematic of that.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,066.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, he does a bit. But he's a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] cat really...

I guess we're not allowed to mention 'Leave it to Beaver' then.

Upvote 0