✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gen. 6:3
My Spirit will not be with man forever (aionious means ages).,This is a statement telling us something has changes in man. He has s I need and fallen from grace and death has entered into the picture. His flesh will live 120 years.
And isn't that true, isn't that about our limit or do you want to argue with reality?
No that is one opinion. I lean toward the 120 years being the set time until something big happens. Why do you think so many claim the ark took 120 years to build?

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No that is one opinion. I lean toward the 120 years being the set time until something big happens. Why do you think so many claim the ark took 120 years to build?
Before he started building the Ark, he was 500 in Gen. 5:32 and then 600 when the flood came. So less than or equal to 100 years to build it.
Btw, to refresh the topic, creation took SIX 24-hour days.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Before he started building the Ark, he was 500 in Gen. 5:32 and then 600 when the flood came. So less than or equal to 100 years to build it.
Btw, to refresh the topic, creation took SIX 24-hour days.
"

"And the Lord said, 'My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years' " (Genesis 6:1 - 3, NKJV throughout)

God set a specific time limit before any penalty would occur in order to give humans a chance to repent. This principle is used repeatedly, such as when Nineveh was given a period to repent before any judgment was rendered (Jonah 3:9 - 10). This time span allowed the ways of righteousness to be preached (2Peter 2:5) to the people while work was ongoing.

Research shows there is no evidence regarding the duration it took Noah to build and complete his ark work. Not only was an Internet search silent on the length so was the book of Jubilees and even the historian Josephus. To allow, however, one hundred and twenty years to construct it is extremely excessive, even with the many factors taken into consideration. Obviously, God did not see the need to reveal this rather inconsequential detail."

http://www.[bless and do not curse]...n/how-long-did-it-take-noah-to-build-ark.html

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have so much right but you have this wrong. Complete the quote and you discover that a thousand years is like a day; meaning that God is timeless, not that His days are 1,000 years long. The creation took six solar days as is confirmed in Exodus 20:11.

No, No, I am not wrong. Moses was not wrong when he said in his pray : "a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.(Psa.90: v.4)

The Apostle Peter was not also wrong saying the same things spoken by Moses (2Pe.3:v.8)

And JESUS was not wrong when He said two thousand years ago: " My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. JESUS left bery very clear that God was yet working in that time and had no entered in His rest of course, because was yet the fourth Day of the week, understand?

But now, yea, even now, God has entered in His rest, because we have entered in the seventh and last Day of God's week or seventh and last millennium, the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of Truth, and the Milennium of Judgment, and the Millennium of Vengeance.

In the beginning (in JESUS) God created heavens (the 1st, 2nd, 3th and heaven of heavens) and the earth, without Him was not any thing made that was made, understand? By the way, Remember: The Almighty God calls those things which are not as though they were.

No, I am not wrong. God is not a man. He is from Eternity to Eternity, He has not beginning, neither ending. The instruction of six solar days of labour was given by the Most High God exclusively to the man. A thousand years of solar days of man is with the Lord as One Day.

(1Co.2:9to11)
9 As it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

We cannot contradict Scriptures.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
creation took SIX 24-hour days

Creation took SIX 24-hour days?

It is not true. Two thousand years ago JESUS said: My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (John 5:v.17) JESUS was not wrong when He said the Father was yet working two thousand years ago.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Creation took SIX 24-hour days?

It is not true. Two thousand years ago JESUS said: My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (John 5:v.17) JESUS was not wrong when He said the Father was yet working two thousand years ago.
That so does not contradict That in .6 days he created...

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But not in SIX 24-hours days. JESUS came 4.000 years after the first Adam, that is the fourth Day of the week of God, and He said: My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (John 5:v.17)

So, SIX 24-hours days is not true and contradict what JESUS said the Father was working yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Papias
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What Jesus said was true,,at that time His Father was working but one day was not equal to one thousand years on earth. One day was 24 hours, so about 4000 years prior to Jesus birth, Jesus created everything and rested on day seven. See Col. 1:16, 17
That still absolutely does not contradict That God said he created in 6 days.

Nor does scripture say 1 day equals 1 thousand years..

He said 1 thousand years is as a day..
In short... What seems like a long time to man is but a moment to God so he is not slow to bring his promise s as we measure it.
He could have said 1 hour to man is but 1 second to God..it's an analogy to say God is not slow in being faithful to his word.

The rest..is just stuff men have made up because they plucked the verse out of the text.

Of you can't take God at his word on one topic them you can't get saved.
Because you only have gods word to go on .

Jesus tells us to repent...
He said repentance for the forgiveness of sin is to be preached.
His word says if we repent and be baptised for the remission of our sin we will receive the holy spirit..is life.

But if you can't believe gods word then you can't believe his word.
You can't say God you are right at this part but your lying at this other part.
And think your going to be saved by charging God with lying every time you say he did not create in 6 days. When he quite planly states..he did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But not in SIX 24-hours days. JESUS came 4.000 years after the first Adam, that is the fourth Day of the week of God, and He said: My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. (John 5:v.17)

So, SIX 24-hours days is not true and contradict what JESUS said the Father was working yet.
Working does not mean working at what was already done.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, but not six 24-hour days, but 6 days of a thousand years each day. Two days ago, or two thousand years ago, God was yet working as said JESUS, and was yet the fourth Day.

Now, the Most High and Almighty God is working no more, because have passed beyond 6.000 years and we have entered in the first century of the seventh and last millennium, the millenium of Christ. He entered in His rest in accord He planned since the beginning, now JESUS is sat in His throne of Judgment to Judge all nations, the Judgment Seat of Christ, as was prophesied since the beginning.

This new millennium, in which we are living, is the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of Truth, he Millennium of Judgment, the Millennium of Vengeance, he Last Millennium or las Day of the week of God.

To go ahead is and will be necessary oil and lamp, Holy Spirit and Word of God, but if some one has lamp-the Word of God- but has not oil-the Holy Spirit- may lost his soul, it because the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

I must warn the people of God because we entered in the process of the end of all things and the kingdom of God will be established in this present time. Wake up.
What I say, I tell everyone

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nor does scripture say 1 day equals 1 thousand years..
He said 1 thousand years is as a day..

Scripture says: But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (2Pe.3:v.8 and Psa.90:v.4)
and more:
v.5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the Word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
v.6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
v.7 But the heavens and the earth, WHICH ARE NOW, by the same Word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the Day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Working does not mean working at what was already done.

Sorry, that's no sense.

JESUS said to the Father : I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. (Jo:17:4) All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. (Jo.1:3)

To sent JESUS into the world was a work of God in the fourth Day of the week, do not you believe God was working yet, as JESUS said?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, that's no sense.

JESUS said to the Father : I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. (Jo:17:4) All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. (Jo.1:3)

To sent JESUS into the world was a work of God in the fourth Day of the week, do not you believe God was working yet, as JESUS said?
The fourth day is your invention. He came at the appointed time. Notice He said it was finished as He died also. That is done. He will not be dying again! Nor will He be doing creation week again. Nor the flood. Nor having Abraham offer his son again. Nor Moses lead Hebrews from Egypt...etc. He will do lots, but that will be new stuff.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly.
He did Not say 1 day “equals” 1000 years.

He said A day is AS a thousand years with God.

That is not a definitive measurement
Man has added his own meaning to it..also it states very clearly that it was a solar say.

But you probably missed my earlier post and question.

If it to 6000 years (i don't believe so)(or worse millions of years...

When he returns and the heavens roll up like a scroll to reveal him..
Based upon your measure...how many thousands of years will this event take ?

Because if you apply this carnal type reasoning to one part of scripture you must be consistent and apply it to all.

But if you put off the mind of man and believe in faith..then you must apply that to all scripture.
And without faith.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fourth day is your invention. He came at the appointed time. Notice He said it was finished as He died also. That is done. He will not be dying again! Nor will He be doing creation week again. Nor the flood. Nor having Abraham offer his son again. Nor Moses lead Hebrews from Egypt...etc. He will do lots, but that will be new stuff.

You wrote >>>The fourth day is your invention. <<<
Oh no, it is not mine invention, absolutely. I work with the Word of God, exclusively.
If you know the Bible, you will see in Genesis 1:16-19 : And God made two GREAT lights; the GREATER light to rule the day, and the LESSER light to rule the night, and to divide the light from the darkness, (notice that it is not written they both are the Sun and the Moon) and God made the stars also, and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the FOURTH DAY. By the way, since the beginning God Almighty planned to rest in the seventh Day. Exo.20:10 - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God...and JESUS left very clear: The Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath (Mark 2:28). Yes, the Son of man is Lord of the seventh and last Day, the Great Sabbath, that is the Day of the Lord, the Millennium of Christ, and the Millennium of Truth, and the Millenium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the Day of Vengeance.

You wrote: >>>He came at the appointed time.<<<
Yes, God is wise, He sent JESUS at the apointed time, and at the appointed place, and in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, by the way, in a right day, there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto JESUS: Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. And JESUS said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem. (Luke13:31-33)

You wrote: >>>Notice He said it was finished as He died also. That is done.<<<
When JESUS said to the Father in His pray: "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." (John 17:v.4) He was alive, not dead.

Two Days ago or two milleniums, When JESUS said to the Father in His pray: "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." (John 17:v.4) He was alive, not dead.

You wrote >>> He will not be dying again! Nor will He be ding creation week again.<<<
Of course, Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face Judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. (Heb.9:27-28)

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You wrote >>>The fourth day is your invention. <<<
Oh no, it is not mine invention, absolutely. I work with the Word of God, exclusively.
If you know the Bible, you will see in Genesis 1:16-19 : And God made two GREAT lights; the GREATER light to rule the day, and the LESSER light to rule the night, and to divide the light from the darkness, (notice that it is not written they both are the Sun and the Moon) and God made the stars also, and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the FOURTH DAY. By the way, since the beginning God Almighty planned to rest in the seventh Day. Exo.20:10 - But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God...and JESUS left very clear: The Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath (Mark 2:28). Yes, the Son of man is Lord of the seventh and last Day, the Great Sabbath, that is the Day of the Lord, the Millennium of Christ, and the Millennium of Truth, and the Millenium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the Day of Vengeance.
There was a day four in the six days of creation. Long gone.

When JESUS said to the Father in His pray: "I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." (John 17:v.4) He was alive, not dead.
He had committed His spirit to the Father already! It was done.

You wrote >>> He will not be dying again! Nor will He be ding creation week again.<<<
Of course, Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face Judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and He will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. (Heb.9:27-28)
Just like the six days of creation are all done long ago

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,460.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There was a day four in the six days of creation. Long gone.
He had committed His spirit to the Father already! It was done.
Just like the six days of creation are all done long ago

You wrote: >>>There was a day four in the six days of creation. Long gone.<<<

Then you recognize now that there was a FOURTH DAY and it is not a invention of mine. I believe you know that the Most High God revealed the things created in the fourth day to Moses. And Moses was born around 1.500 years before JESUS, so Moses received this revelation of Genesis 2.500 years after the first man, Adam. By the way, from Abraham until Moses passed itself 430 years (Gal. 3:v.17). So Abraham was born in the beginning ot the 3rd day and Moses in the middle of the 3rd Day.

You wrote >>>He had committed His spirit to the Father already! It was done.<<<
Oh no, JESUS had not committed His Spirit to the Father yet, He was alive. Read Scriptures. John 17:1-4

1 These words SPOKE Jesus, and lifted up HIS EYES to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given Him power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given Him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. JESUS was praying to the Father, understand? Read the Bible.

You wrote: >>>Just like the six days of creation are all done long ago<<<
Yes, long ago, were complete six millenniums. Moses said: (Psalms 90:v.4) a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. And the Apostle Peter said: But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. (2Peter 3:v.8) Now we are living in the seventh and last Day, that is the last millennium,
we are living precisely in the first century of the seventh and last millennium, that is the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of Truth, the Millennium of Judgment and gthe Millennium of Vengeance. The Most High and Almighty God entered now in His rest as He planned in the beginning, and JESUS is sat on the throne of Judgment to Judge all nations, the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Be ready, the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming FIRE taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of Him, Who will be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power, very soon He will come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them which have believed in this wonderful day.

Upvote 0