Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, interpreting the Holy Scriptures literally you make a big and grave mistake, it because in the first day there were not sun, neither moon, so your theory is as whether you had rub your feet upon the written words of God that was revealed to Moses by God.

Genesis 1 "Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day."

IF there was no Sun then where did the light come from?

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,852.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So can those who have the spirit of Christ, know the things of the spirit of God?

or do those who have the spirit of Christ cannot know the things of the spirit of God?

What says the written Word of God?

John 15:15 - JESUS said: Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. (verses 13-14) 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. JESUS said more Matt.11:27 - All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.
(verses 25-26) 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

(John 17:25-26) O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Reactions: Edison Trent
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,852.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can do the math yourself, it is not that difficult.

Earth's rotation is slowing slightly with time; thus, a day was shorter in the past. This is due to the tidal effects the Moon has on Earth's rotation. Atomic clocks show that a modern-day is longer by about 1.7 milliseconds than a century ago,[1] slowly increasing the rate at which UTC is adjusted by leap seconds. Analysis of historical astronomical records shows a slowing trend of 2.3 milliseconds per century since the 8th century BCE.[2] wiki

The age of the Earth is approximately 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years.
4.5 billion divided by 100,000 = 45,000 (convert milliseconds to seconds)
45,000 divided by 60 = 750 minutes (convert seconds to minutes)
750 divided by 60 = 12.5 hours (convert minutes to hours)

So the day is 12.5 hours longer today than the day was in the beginning.
If you figure half of the day is sunlight that means the first day had 6.25 hours of sunlight.
Two days of the year night and day are the same length. (equinox)

What would you say about this phenomenon, revelead by / in the Word of God?

Isaiah 38::7-9
7 And this shall be a sign unto thee from the Lord, that the Lord WILL DO THIS THING that He hath spoken;
8 Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz,
ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

9 The writing of Hezekiah king of Judah, when he had been sick, and was recovered of his sickness:

To all

John 3: 31-36

31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,852.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1 "Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day."

IF there was no Sun then where did the light come from?

Your message deserves the best of my attention. You had said in your post #287 "Actually the first day was more like 6 hours. The spindown rate of the earth is connected to the receding rate of the moon."

What I meant is that you could not consider the existence of moon in the first Day, interpreting the Holy Scriptures literally as you did and I quoted above. Interpreting exclusively in literal conception, we know that the '"moon" was made in the fourth Day, but physically this conception is not true also. The problem is to interpret the Word of God literlly, God is Spirit, He is from Eternity to Eternity, He has no beginning, neither Ending. JESUS is the Beginning and the Ending

You wrote: >>>IF there was no Sun then where did the light come from?<<<

Wonderful question. See, God is Spirit. God is Light. After the rebellion in the Garden of Eden, the whole earth was filled with darkness, yes, only darkness, but the spirit of God moved upon the face of that abyss of darkness. (Gen.1:2) Then said the Most High and Almighty God, Let there be Light, and there was Light. Now, God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all. When He said "Let there be light" He meant: Let there be knowledge of me, of my own person. May I be known of multitudes, peoples, nations, and languages. This was God's plan to begin the restoration of all things. Acts 3:21. That's it.

And there was Light because God is Light, and He made separation of the light from the darkness implanted by the old Serpent, the Devil and Satan, since the rebellion at Eden. But now, at the beginning of this seventh and last millennium, Satan will be bound, and cast back into the abyss, to deceive the nations no more. In fact, Satan rose up in the first and second heavens (the environment of the Old and New Testaments), but in the third heaven, that is, in the kingdom of God, he will not have access, on the contrary will be cast down from here from the second heaven to the most deep of the abyss. Apocalypse 20: 1-3

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your message deserves the best of my attention. You had said in your post #287 "Actually the first day was more like 6 hours.
This has to do with science. The Bible does not address this issue that I am aware of.
And there was Light because God is Light, and He made separation of the light from the darkness implanted by the old Serpent, the Devil and Satan, since the rebellion at Eden.
Then people are without excuse if they decide to choose the darkness over the light. We know that one third of the angels followed in the rebellion in Heaven. Here on Earth I believe two thirds will follow in the rebellion. One third are unbelievers and one third are false brethren. We are told to let the wheat and tares grow together and the angels will sort out the just and righteous at the end of the age.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would you say about this phenomenon, revelead by / in the Word of God?

Isaiah 38:7-9
7 And this shall be a sign unto thee from the Lord
Jesus said: "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Matthew 16:4

We should be careful if we are seeking signs because we could fall for a counterfeit. The lawless one can create "false signs and wonders" 2 Thes 2:9

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He can go back in time. If for example we were injured as a child - God can go back in time and bring about the healing or miracle that we may need.

Upvote 0

omega2xx

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Knoxville Tn.
✟70,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Widowed
God said let there be light ON the first day. God tells us what He is going to do and then He tells us what He did. There is no mention of how long it takes God to do what He tells us He is going to do. Only we know the moment in time when His work is finished. At Calvary Jesus said: "It is finished". We know the exact moment in time and the exact place where His work was finished. Just like we know the exact moment in time and the exact place he entered into the world. At least the wise men know that because they were there to greet Him. Yet John 1:2 tells us that "He was with God in the beginning".

Perfected means whole, complete and mature. When a plant is perfected is when the plant bears fruit. There is an exact moment in time when that plant is perfected.

Amos 9:13 "Behold, days are coming,"declares the LORD, "When the plowman will overtake the reaper And the treader of grapes him who sows seed; When the mountains will drip sweet wine And all the hills will be dissolved.

Since the days of Genesis were 24 hours, God does tell us the time between the days. I don't know why anyone who believes in an omnipotent God would have a problem with the length of the day in Genesis.

Mt 19:26 - And looking at them, Jesus said do them, "with people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,852.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has to do with science. The Bible does not address this issue that I am aware of.
Then people are without excuse if they decide to choose the darkness over the light. We know that one third of the angels followed in the rebellion in Heaven. Here on Earth I believe two thirds will follow in the rebellion. One third are unbelievers and one third are false brethren. We are told to let the wheat and tares grow together and the angels will sort out the just and righteous at the end of the age.

You wrote: >>>This has to do with science. The Bible does not address this issue that I am aware of.<<<

OK, but wht you have said is human science only, trying to discover and explain the things made by the Most High and Almighty God, the point is that the things that was revealed not by God belongs to God exclusively. The tópic is speaking of God's science and, in this matter, you should know that the manifold wisdom of God

To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God is hid in Christ JESUS, according to the eternal purpose which our God purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, and this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

You wrote: >>>Then people are without excuse if they decide to choose the darkness over the light. <<<

Yes, you are right. What you are saying, JESUS also said that, this is the reason by which I agree with you in this. JESUS said: John 15:22 - 25
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

You wrote: >>>We know that one third of the angels followed in the rebellion in Heaven. Here on Earth I believe two thirds will follow in the rebellion. One third are unbelievers and one third are false brethren. We are told to let the wheat and tares grow together and the angels will sort out the just and righteous at the end of the age. <<<

The end of the age is now, even now, in this beginning of the first century of the seventh and last millennium, the Millennium of Christ, the Millennium of the Truth, the Millennium of Judgment, the Judgment Seat of Christ, and the Millennium of Vengeance. There will be and will fall strong punishments upon the world of Devil, upon all nations in these days, in the days ahead, for they are already Judged and Condemned by the Word of God, it rests now only and only the punishments. Matt.25:41 & Rev.6:16-17 show unto the believers which will be the end of all unbelievers .

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,852.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said: "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Matthew 16:4

We should be careful if we are seeking signs because we could fall for a counterfeit. The lawless one can create "false signs and wonders" 2 Thes 2:9

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He can go back in time. If for example we were injured as a child - God can go back in time and bring about the healing or miracle that we may need.

You wrote: >>>Jesus said: "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Matthew 16:4<<<

In your message #294 is written: - "Earth's rotation is slowing slightly with time; thus, a day was shorter in the past. This is due to the tidal effects the Moon has on Earth's rotation. Atomic clocks show that a modern-day is longer by about 1.7 milliseconds than a century ago,[1] slowly increasing the rate at which UTC is adjusted by leap seconds. Analysis of historical astronomical records shows a slowing trend of 2.3 milliseconds per century since the 8th century BCE.[2] wiki"<<<

I found very interesting your scientific post in accord human science, and how men try to explain the things already made, made by the Most High and Almighty God. Speaking as a man also, I stayed curious in to know, as I asked in my post, what would be your explanation in human scientific knowledge, about the phenomenon revelead by / in the Word of God in Isaiah 38::7-9, that say:
7 And this shall be a sign unto thee from the Lord, that the Lord WILL DO THIS THING that He hath spoken;
8 Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees,
which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

9 The writing of Hezekiah king of Judah, when he had been sick, and was recovered of his sickness:

My question was/is: What would you say, in accord your human scientific knowledge, about this phenomenon revelead by the prophet Isaiah in the Word of God?

If you do not want to answer, feel free for.

In your post #294, you wrote: -
"The age of the Earth is approximately 4.54 ± 0.05 billion years.
4.5 billion divided by 100,000 = 45,000 (convert milliseconds to seconds)
45,000 divided by 60 = 750 minutes (convert seconds to minutes)
750 divided by 60 = 12.5 hours (convert minutes to hours)"

I would like to say that God is from Eternity to Eternity, He has not beginning, neither Ending, JESUS is the Beginning and the Ending. What I must say is that the age of the Earth is much much more than that. I think that the age pointed in your post is the maximum limit that man-made scientific apparatus or equipment is able to measure, so it has nothing to do with the age of the Earth; For to measure the age of the Earth the men need to invent a scientific apparatus more qualified and able that can measure beyond of what has been measured to this date. I think they will not do it for two reasons:
1 - for lack of adequate material;
2 - They will not have time to do it, the Devil's world will end sooner.

You wrote:>>>We should be careful if we are seeking signs because we could fall for a counterfeit. The lawless one can create "false signs and wonders" 2 Thes 2:9<<<

The signs which the believers must be seeking are the many signs pointed by our Lord JESUS Christ for this time of end, the time of Apocalypse. But the believers must also, as you said, to be careful about the false signs and wonders that "The lawless one can create - 2 Thes 2:9", even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. But who is him? He is the Beast who will come up out of the earth; and he has two horns like a lamb (like a Messiah), but he speaks as a dragon (Rev.13:11). And he will do great wonders, so that he will make fire to come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, and will deceive them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he has power to do. JESUS did speak to the Jews of this Beast, false messiah, AN IMPOSTER, AN USURPER (John 5:43). The believer who has no discernment can be deceived by the false messiah of the Jews, and by his satanic signs and devilish wonders.

You wrote: >>>God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He can go back in time. If for example we were injured as a child - God can go back in time and bring about the healing or miracle that we may need.<<<

Yes, God is the same yestarday, today and tomorrow, but I do not know any biblical fact in the sense of "God can go back in time and bring about the healing or miracle that we may need", if what you say is not grounded and recorded in the book of the Lord, then you are inventing an untruth, and sowing tares.

Upvote 0

Edison Trent

Nov 3, 2017
Virginia
✟18,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What says the written Word of God?

John 15:15 - JESUS said: Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. (verses 13-14) 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. JESUS said more Matt.11:27 - All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal Him.
(verses 25-26) 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

(John 17:25-26) O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Lk2:51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.
Lk2:52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
Mk1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Mt11:25 At that time Jesus said, I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
Mk1:11 And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
Mt11:26 Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GBTG

Nov 2, 2017
Luverne
✟14,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This picture represents the literal accuracy of the book of Genesis, if we can move past the 24hr day nonsense...

Just before "quantum Fluctuations" was John 1:1, God willed EVERYTHING into existence. A chain reaction of his intent from beginning to end. The Alpha and The Omega.

The only part of this picture representation that is not accurate is the development of planets before stars according to Genesis (in time I think Science will prove the Bible accurate). Science just proved that our water is older than our sun.

The Water in Your Glass Might Be Older Than the Sun

You can see the separation of light and dark, without form and chaos, a sea of material, land and seas (Planetesimals with water {predating suns}),chemosythesis is possible, the creation of stars, etc...

universe-timeline.jpg

http://www.space.com/images/i/000/0...pg?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=*:1000

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,852.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This picture represents the literal accuracy of the book of Genesis, if we can move past the 24hr day nonsense...

Just before "quantum Fluctuations" was John 1:1, God willed EVERYTHING into existence. A chain reaction of his intent from beginning to end. The Alpha and The Omega.

The only part of this picture representation that is not accurate is the development of planets before stars according to Genesis (in time I think Science will prove the Bible accurate). Science just proved that our water is older than our sun.

You can see the separation of light and dark, without form and chaos, a sea of material, land and seas (Planetesimals with water {predating suns}),chemosythesis is possible, the creation of stars, etc...

universe-timeline.jpg

http://www.space.com/images/i/000/0...pg?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=*:1000

Friend, what is written in Genesis has nothing to do with the physical space of the Universe, but with the restoration or restitution of the Paradise, which was destroyed after the rebellion and fall of the inhabitants of the Garden of God. Genesis is a plan of work of the Most High God and Almighty. Based in the Word of God, the source of the Truth (God is Truth), on God's six Days of creation and one Day of rest (a total of seven Days) plus the Scriptures that teach that one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years (Psalm 90:4; II Pet. 3:8; Heb. 4:4) so MANKIND would go through six God Days of 1,000 years each (a total of 6,000 years) plus a Millennium of 1,000 years rest (now a total of 7,000 years). About the first 6,000 years that has already passad, for better understand, see in the message #32, in the page 2, the table of Biblical periods and its duration. By the way, I must tell to you, and unto all people, that we have already entered in the seventh and last Day, the Day of God's rest, as He planned since the beginning. I must tell unto you and to all people that God has entered in His rest, and JESUS assumed the control of all things in whole Universe, JESUS is now sat in the throne of Judgement, the Judgment Seat of Christ, to Judge all nations, Israel included. The kingdoms of THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever. The nations will be angry because of this, for they are under the power of the Devil with their idolatries, witcheries, and foolish theories, but the wrath of God will be manifest also, and He will destroy them which destroy the earth, asis written in Revelation 11:15&18..

You wrote:>>>The only part of this picture representation that is not accurate is the development of planets before stars according to Genesis (in time I think Science will prove the Bible accurate). Science just proved that our water is older than our sun.
<<<

Friend, the material things are figures of spiritual things. The men, or better, the scientists, try to discover how and when the Universe was made, These things belong to God. Deut.29:29 - The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. God is Spirit, God is Light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
The waters you have read in Genesis, they are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
By the way, the great enemy of God's people since the beginning of the Church is the Beast which did rise up out of the sea. Revelation 13:1 - And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

To end, remember: God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. John 4:24

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,852.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lk2:51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart.
Lk2:52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
Mk1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
Mt11:25 At that time Jesus said, I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
Mk1:11 And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."
Mt11:26 Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

JESUS said: JOHN 7:38-39
38 He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39 But this spake He of the Spirit, which they that believe on Him should receive.

Blessings

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Now I see the source of your problem. The KJ is not the most accurate translation.

You are right that the moon has not light of it own, and is only a reflection of the sun.

Some see the moon as symbolizing the church or Christians. Both should reflect the glory or the "Sun of righteousness( Mal 4:2)

And before the moon was put into place?
The light was there first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums