Single woman they just ain't any in my area.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I've been doing fine but last night I felt terrible. It never changes
don't give up you're not alone. I am your friend, don't give up

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That might just be a sign of the times we live in really. But I agree I know someone who is divorced and has no desire to be married again. It's odd because they have nothing negative to say about their ex-husband, it just came down to the idea that they don't want to be married. Although they do use drugs and kind of want to do their own thing so it could be sin related as well. They don't want to answer to God or to their husband and do the right thing. I still pray for them to turn and see and Jesus will heal them.

Yea, the desire or urge to have a member of the opposite with them in a romantic capacity is simply no longer there, and it may have died off when they were "feeling" it in their 20s.

Men will always have that desire for companionship of the romantic kind.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yea, the desire or urge to have a member of the opposite with them in a romantic capacity is simply no longer there, and it may have died off when they were "feeling" it in their 20s.

Men will always have that desire for companionship of the romantic kind.
In my experience the feelings are alive and well in their 30s. 40s, I suspect is a different story.

Evolutionarily speaking, men tend to be attracted to young fertile women for the rest of their lives. Makes sense that there might be a romantic urge gap between older men and older women as they age.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,944.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In my experience the feelings are alive and well in their 30s. 40s, I suspect is a different story.

Evolutionarily speaking, men tend to be attracted to young fertile women for the rest of their lives. Makes sense that there might be a romantic urge gap between older men and older women as they age.

It's science.

A 50 year old man trying to have a child with a 40 year old woman is much more likely to have offspring with genetic defects.

It probably drives the biological urge for women trying to have children to have crazy sense of urgency approaching the age of 40 or for older men looking to have children to be more attracted to women in their best child-bearing age range.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That might just be a sign of the times we live in really. But I agree I know someone who is divorced and has no desire to be married again. It's odd because they have nothing negative to say about their ex-husband, it just came down to the idea that they don't want to be married. Although they do use drugs and kind of want to do their own thing so it could be sin related as well. They don't want to answer to God or to their husband and do the right thing. I still pray for them to turn and see and Jesus will heal them.

Yeah, at this point....the women of the day tend to enjoy their "Freedom" whilst being single, whereas otherwise they feel shackled.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I still don’t know anyone who got married young & divorced yet. Thought it was really common?

Yeah, at this point....the women of the day tend to enjoy their "Freedom" whilst being single, whereas otherwise they feel shackled.
Agreed but men as much to blame.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's science.

A 50 year old man trying to have a child with a 40 year old woman is much more likely to have offspring with genetic defects.

It probably drives the biological urge for women trying to have children to have crazy sense of urgency approaching the age of 40 or for older men looking to have children to be more attracted to women in their best child-bearing age range.

Yeah. Women's libido tends to ramp up during their late 30s too, when they're typically less desirable. Evolutions way of nudging women to try to mate before it's too late.

I hate how short guys are viewed as less masculine, but that's our evolved reality. It just bugs me when some women think that when it comes to their appearance it's just a misogynistic social construct to hurt/control them. It's just nonsense.

I hear a song played on the radio with this woman flat out saying tall men are more attractive. Yet we men get horrible beasts like Lizzo and the aging Madonna pushed on us. Sorry, but there is a biological hierarchy for femininity too and not just masculinity.

As a short guy.. I went through rejection and teasing for my height.. there isn't any equality reason why I should treat unappealing women any differently.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah. Women's libido tends to ramp up during their late 30s too, when they're typically less desirable. Evolutions way of nudging women to try to mate before it's too late.

I hate how short guys are viewed as less masculine, but that's our evolved reality. It just bugs me when some women think that when it comes to their appearance it's just a misogynistic social construct to hurt/control them. It's just nonsense.

I hear a song played on the radio with this woman flat out saying tall men are more attractive. Yet we men get horrible beasts like Lizzo and the aging Madonna pushed on us. Sorry, but there is a biological hierarchy for femininity too and not just masculinity.

As a short guy.. I went through rejection and teasing for my height.. there isn't any equality reason why I should treat unappealing women any differently.
dang man that's lame. My dad is short and so is my best friend, also another friend. All three of them are some of the strongest men i've met. I'm average 5'10 but i've known tall guys that are more feminine that my dad could overcome easy. Height is nothing which is amazing why women value it. I'm 2 inches short of 6' which i'd rather be 5'10" like i am than 6' and lengthy. I wish men were valued more in general so i hear you brother.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Height has little to do w/ it. The average man height is quite a bit more than average woman height. You just have to be taller than average woman height.

For the women who like really tall men, is it the height they like, or is it a lot of tall men seem just much more masculine in general? If you're above average but lanky, your heigh won't gonna score you any points.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
dang man that's lame. My dad is short and so is my best friend, also another friend. All three of them are some of the strongest men i've met. I'm average 5'10 but i've known tall guys that are more feminine that my dad could overcome easy. Height is nothing which is amazing why women value it. I'm 2 inches short of 6' which i'd rather be 5'10" like i am than 6' and lengthy. I wish men were valued more in general so i hear you brother.

It wasn't fun and left me with a lot of self-esteem issues. The tact most women have with shorter men is pretty horrible. They feel free to flat out say what makes a man less masculine, but if a man dares to say what makes a woman less feminine, he's some monster. Before the age of 23/24 I was never even really mad about it, I just figured "that's life". That height is probably the most important thing for women and that youthfulness is the most important thing for men. That as I get older, such attractions will become more and more of a factor. Then I came into contact with the feminist body positive movement. That women being judge for their appearance was "sexist" and that the patriarchy "made up" these things to hurt them. I was flabbergasted with the lack of self-awareness.

Men are constantly shamed by women for not being masculine enough. Body shaming is not a woman only problem. And at this point, for a millennial like me.. why should we treat our female peers any differently than they treated us? I'm sorry, but age really is a important thing for many men. I'm not making this up in order to be "mean" to women. It's ridiculous. Even as a kid, I was well aware that height was important for women (and judging by my father I'd never attain) but that youthfulness was important for men. This isn't something I adopted from the manosphere. It's just the average man naturally feels. It's how we evolved.

That's what really bugs me the most. Women seem to live in a fantasy world about their bodies, while men tend to deal more with reality. They don't always deal with it in the best way (like the incel movement) but we're less prone to deluding ourselves that women don't some of our physical features because of some socially engineered sexism. Society won't give us that, but it will prop up false delusions for women.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Height has little to do w/ it. The average man height is quite a bit more than average woman height. You just have to be taller than average woman height.

For the women who like really tall men, is it the height they like, or is it a lot of tall men seem just much more masculine in general? If you're above average but lanky, your heigh won't gonna score you any points.

Think again.

I've met plenty of women who say they like the tall slender type.

Nothing wrong with that, you can't help what your attracted too. But in this society, I think men get a lot of slack for doing that same. At least men... I'm not going to cave in. I do like the shock from some women when I'm blunt with my answers, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
It wasn't fun and left me with a lot of self-esteem issues. The tact most women have with shorter men is pretty horrible. They feel free to flat out say what makes a man less masculine, but if a man dares to say what makes a woman less feminine, he's some monster. Before the age of 23/24 I was never even really mad about it, I just figured "that's life". That height is probably the most important thing for women and that youthfulness is the most important thing for men. That as I get older, such attractions will become more and more of a factor. Then I came into contact with the feminist body positive movement. That women being judge for their appearance was "sexist" and that the patriarchy "made up" these things to hurt them. I was flabbergasted with the lack of self-awareness.

Men are constantly shamed by women for not being masculine enough. Body shaming is not a woman only problem. And at this point, for a millennial like me.. why should we treat our female peers any differently than they treated us? I'm sorry, but age really is a important thing for many men. I'm not making this up in order to be "mean" to women. It's ridiculous. Even as a kid, I was well aware that height was important for women (and judging by my father I'd never attain) but that youthfulness was important for men. This isn't something I adopted from the manosphere. It's just the average man naturally feels. It's how we evolved.

That's what really bugs me the most. Women seem to live in a fantasy world about their bodies, while men tend to deal more with reality. They don't always deal with it in the best way (like the incel movement) but we're less prone to deluding ourselves that women don't some of our physical features because of some socially engineered sexism. Society won't give us that, but it will prop up false delusions for women.
i'm sorry man, I hope and pray you meet a good woman that breaks down all social norms that most women fill and treats you the way you deserve

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i'm sorry man, I hope and pray you meet a good woman that breaks down all social norms that most women fill and treats you the way you deserve

I still meet women who want to go out with me, despite the height issue.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Think again.

I've met plenty of women who say they like the tall slender type.

Nothing wrong with that, you can't help what your attracted too. But in this society, I think men get a lot of slack for doing that same. At least men... I'm not going to cave in. I do like the shock from some women when I'm blunt with my answers, lol.
Ah, but is that who they pick???

They can be attracted to who they want to be attracted to. My problem is when society only pretends only men care about looks when women are just as guilty. Unless the guy's making 6 figures, he better be semi attractive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah, but is that who they pick???

They can be attracted to who they want to be attracted to. My problem is when society only pretends only men care about looks when women are just as guilty. Unless the guy's making 6 figures, he better be semi attractive.

Well statistically there isn't nearly enough tall men to go around.

Just that, women seem to care more about height than even muscle build.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well statistically there isn't nearly enough tall men to go around.
It depends. You speak of biology a lot. Biologically, is she looking for someone taller than herself, or taller than most other men? If just taller than herself, then #s s/b pretty even. If taller than other guys, than yeah, but I don't think they're THAT picky.
Just that, women seem to care more about height than even muscle build.
No way

• Agree
Reactions: busywriting
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It depends. You speak of biology a lot. Biologically, is she looking for someone taller than herself, or taller than most other men? If just taller than herself, then #s s/b pretty even. If taller than other guys, than yeah, but I don't think they're THAT picky.

No way

Why not? Height is something you cannot really change.. physique is a different story.

Tom Cruise probably does better than many tall men, but that's because of his face. Which isn't so easy to change.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, that's something I've really noticed. Male actors & models still fit your stereotypical 'what's attractive to women' look, but not the case for female actors & models. The women have been replaced w/ 'everyday' women, but the men still look like gods. I see the hypocrisy, & how this says it's not okay to objectify women but ignores how it's still objectifying men. Something like this in the past might've really bothered me, but I feel like society is trying to desexualize everything so am fine they're not trying to get rid of good-looking men.
Some commentators on men's news say they are attacking the stereotypical masculine look too, but I'm not really seeing that.
For the sake of discussion, would you say women more than men are more prone to shaming men for not being masculine enough? I feel like they wouldn't come out & say it, they just gravitate towards the more masculine men. I'm not sure men body shame each other for not being masculine enough? Or we just shrug it off maybe & try not to worry about it when it gets brought up?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,543.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to get into a "who has it worse" debate as I'll concede that short men may end up being rejected more often, but whenever the topic of height in dating comes up I have to wonder where these women are who are supposedly flocking to the tall men. I'm over 6' and struggle to get dates, both in real life and using apps. So even if women are judging men based their height, they are very definitely also using other criteria.

Upvote 0