Single woman they just ain't any in my area.

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to get into a "who has it worse" debate as I'll concede that short men may end up being rejected more often, but whenever the topic of height in dating comes up I have to wonder where these women are who are supposedly flocking to the tall men. I'm over 6' and struggle to get dates, both in real life and using apps. So even if women are judging men based their height, they are very definitely also using other criteria.

You are right, women look at the whole package and not only height. It is true that taller men can almost take their pick of women But I see plenty of short guys with nice looking women. So I think it is possible that some men have other self esteem issues besides height? What those men don't realize is that you only have to be taller than her in spirit for her to be attracted to you.

Some women may be mean to short guys, but in the long run...so what? That is them being short in spirit! (She just did me a favor by rejecting me, Lol!) There's about 3 or 4 Billion other girls in the world. Don't let a few rejections get you down. I've always been on the tall slender side but I have had plenty of rejection in my life too and it never slowed me down.

One time when me and my brother was young and was going out to get girls phone numbers one night, we decided to have some fun with it so we made a bet on who could get rejected more times than the other! We bet like $20 but that was a lot of money back then, lol. I wanted to win and had many lines so took off at it. And I was on the OSU campus on friday night, people everywhere. And I see a real cutie coming down the sidewalk so we meet I gave her a line, a compliment and asked for her number real quick...and whoa she got snotty with me in instant rejection. But I was on a mission and didn't care, I didn't even break stride. I just glanced at her real quick and said ok bye then, and I kept walking. I didn't get 1/2 block before I notice she is chasing me down and introducing herself!

What happened there? How did she change her mind so quick? Easy, my spirit was taller than her spirit. so instantly she thought might not want to let that one get away! Maybe I looked like I had more important things to do than her.

It's more than height in bodily stature.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,878.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah. Women's libido tends to ramp up during their late 30s too, when they're typically less desirable. Evolutions way of nudging women to try to mate before it's too late.

I hate how short guys are viewed as less masculine, but that's our evolved reality. It just bugs me when some women think that when it comes to their appearance it's just a misogynistic social construct to hurt/control them. It's just nonsense.

I hear a song played on the radio with this woman flat out saying tall men are more attractive. Yet we men get horrible beasts like Lizzo and the aging Madonna pushed on us. Sorry, but there is a biological hierarchy for femininity too and not just masculinity.

As a short guy.. I went through rejection and teasing for my height.. there isn't any equality reason why I should treat unappealing women any differently.
Unfortunately, it's not only women but also job opportunities or just about any opportunity seems to favor taller people.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, it's not only women but also job opportunities or just about any opportunity seems to favor taller people.

I know that. I've spoken up about how short men are discriminated in the workforce and a bunch of insipid liberals went after me for it. Because it threatens their victimhood hierarchy narrative.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟379,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't want to get into a "who has it worse" debate as I'll concede that short men may end up being rejected more often, but whenever the topic of height in dating comes up I have to wonder where these women are who are supposedly flocking to the tall men. I'm over 6' and struggle to get dates, both in real life and using apps. So even if women are judging men based their height, they are very definitely also using other criteria.
Height is a positive, but it's just one of many traits that can be considered attractive. I'm also over 6', with other characteristics that women say they want, and yet here I am. Meanwhile, I see short guys with attractive girlfriends and wives every day. There's so much more to a person.

It has been my observation that more than height, money, or any other superficially observable trait, birds of a feather tend to flock together.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, that's something I've really noticed. Male actors & models still fit your stereotypical 'what's attractive to women' look, but not the case for female actors & models. The women have been replaced w/ 'everyday' women, but the men still look like gods. I see the hypocrisy, & how this says it's not okay to objectify women but ignores how it's still objectifying men. Something like this in the past might've really bothered me, but I feel like society is trying to desexualize everything so am fine they're not trying to get rid of good-looking men.
Some commentators on men's news say they are attacking the stereotypical masculine look too, but I'm not really seeing that.

I'll take your word for it. I can't stomach to watch very many modern movies/tv/media. I'm sure they're making a film where a Andrea Dworkins doppelgänger is being pursued by Bard Pitt's unknown even more masculine and good-looking brother. He probably has to fight off a sea of manlets who have the audacity to think they can waste Andrea Dworkin's even uglier look alike's time by daring to ask her out, lol.

To be fair though.. she needed a really strong man to even carry her around so she could feel like a dainty little feminine flower.
For the sake of discussion, would you say women more than men are more prone to shaming men for not being masculine enough? I feel like they wouldn't come out & say it, they just gravitate towards the more masculine men. I'm not sure men body shame each other for not being masculine enough? Or we just shrug it off maybe & try not to worry about it when it gets brought up?

They do come out and say it. This very forum used to be filled with threads like this. I remember one where this woman said she made a poll in the female only forum asking if women liked tall men, and she proudly said every single woman voted yes. Usually, the looks threads would go like..

Guy: I kind of like a woman who's fit.. not for looks reasons but for health.. I think.. I'm sorry for saying this. Maybe I should rethink my feelings.

Girl: I like tall guys!

*also Girl*

Girl: You should give overweight women a chance, don't be so judgmental. Women are treated so unfairly in society. We're constantly judged by our looks. Men.. do better.

Then I came along... lol.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟185,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have found some heavy set women tend to not want to date men who weigh less than they do, as they dont' want to be bigger than them.

It's like height with women, but with bigger women, the men must be as big as they are...width-wise. They dont want to be reminded of the weight loss they need by being around a thinner, healthier man.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be fair, a few women came along and said it was fair for me to be open about my preferences in the same matter as women are about height. A lot of these women came later though, a few even encouraged me to be harsher about it.

There was a time, when feminism was more rampant. It's died down a little since then and it's been replaced by things like BLM and transgenders... but I believe feminism is stemmed from biological feelings and I don't see a reason another wave of it won't be coming back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0