Single woman they just ain't any in my area.

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I been around trying different things including Church, life group and yoga. All I run into are woman with boyfriends or husbands, more women with husband's. I was talking to this woman at yoga and it was going good until she mentioned her husband. That ended the conversation.

I try to stay positive and look at the good things in life but it is annoying, frustrating and stressful only encourages with married woman no matter where I go or what I do.

On the positive note there are two girls on my life group that are definitely not married but I just know deep in my heart they probably have a boyfriend even though they never mentioned one the past two months of life group. But every other member is married. Even a new woman I meet outside to join life group had to mention her husband. Even going out to eat with my friend who is married I purposely sat next to a woman but she had to have a husband.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I was talking to this woman at yoga and it was going good until she mentioned her husband. That ended the conversation.

Why should it? Only talking to women if they're single isn't the way to go about things.

The reality is that you meet potential partners by cultivating connections with other people. That doesn't mean that every person you connect with will be someone you could date, but the more the put yourself out there then the greater your chances of meeting someone.

For all you know, she could have had a single friend who she'd have been able to introduce you to (maybe even someone else in the yoga class). Obviously, you can't count on that happening, but shutting down a conversation with a woman the moment you find out she's not single means that you'll never know whether that might be the case.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I been around trying different things including Church, life group and yoga. All I run into are woman with boyfriends or husbands, more women with husband's. I was talking to this woman at yoga and it was going good until she mentioned her husband. That ended the conversation.

I try to stay positive and look at the good things in life but it is annoying, frustrating and stressful only encourages with married woman no matter where I go or what I do.

On the positive note there are two girls on my life group that are definitely not married but I just know deep in my heart they probably have a boyfriend even though they never mentioned one the past two months of life group. But every other member is married. Even a new woman I meet outside to join life group had to mention her husband. Even going out to eat with my friend who is married I purposely sat next to a woman but she had to have a husband.

Face it, there's just some areas of the country, esp surburbia where peoples' main goal is to get married to their high school sweet hearts, pop out kids, and live the family life.

Considering their dating options outside of high school is off their radar.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's almost 9million people in NYC,
can't walk down the sidewalks without being elbow to elbow,
theres absolutely single women in NYC

Oh wait, this dude is in NYC? I take back what I said lol

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The reality is that you meet potential partners by cultivating connections with other people. That doesn't mean that every person you connect with will be someone you could date, but the more the put yourself out there then the greater your chances of meeting someone.
So far that has been the worst way to meet potential signal woman. Many of their friends and relatives are already in a relationship. The one polish married woman from life group has a brother so that's also a dead end.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why should it? Only talking to women if they're single isn't the way to go about things.
Also, when she came up to me to talk, I thought she was single. It was only after the class I asked her how the class was, and she mentioned her husband. I was irritated and annoyed I texted my friend Justin and he said I it's not true that there is no single woman. That I have tunnel vision. Yet he is married.

I then listen to this every time.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Also, when she came up to me to talk, I thought she was single. It was only after the class I asked her how the class was, and she mentioned her husband. I was irritated and annoyed

You were annoyed because a woman had the audacity to talk to you even though she wasn't single?

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know that feeling, but I also know that there are many single women out there. They're just not what I'm looking for 99.9% of the time and therefore tend to be invisible. It's also possible that I assume incompatibility too quickly. In my experience, however, pursuing a relationship that doesn't feel right from the start is a fool's errand.

Unfortunately, when I do meet a woman who is on the right wavelength she tends to be too old, too young, too married, etc. Gives me hope that they exist, I guess. That's how I choose to handle it. There's a chance that Whether you're friendly around people shouldn't depend on their relationship status, but I get your disappointment. Totally understandable. That kind of thing happens, and is partly why I just figure most single women are wrong for me even when they show signs of interest. I mostly treat them the same as their partnered counterparts.

I'm kind of glad that I don't live in NYC as a single person. The town where I grew up is a suburb in NJ, and my Dad used to commute to Brooklyn for work. I went to a few NYC cllubs with friends while in my 20s, but it wasn't my thing.. My impression is that many probably consider the "Sex and the City" lifestyle desirable, which makes me lose interest. Not that NYC is a bad place to live or work. It's pretty good, actually. I have family who live and work there, but they're already married.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you’re still involved in the yoga thing, it would be in your best interest to leave it behind. You’re yoking yourself up to New Age/Hindu/Eastern Mysticism practices. And regardless of what anyone says. it isn’t how they personally view certain things..how does God see it? And you can look into it for yourself, those various poses are based upon forms of prayer to various false Hindu gods. We have to look into the origins of things, and consider whether or not is it honoring to God? Would Christ or Paul participate in yoga?

There are forms of yoga practiced in order to release a demonic kundalini power. Yoga involves unbiblical antichrist forms of meditation and people are encouraged to empty their mind.

The entire OT is filled with verses where God is warning people not to depart from His ways and follow after the ways of the pagans. There are various other ways to exercise without yoking up to demonic New Age practices which are an abomination to God.

I encourage anyone in doubt to really look into the matter for themselves. Look into the origins. Test them to God’s word. A blood bought reborn believer should have nothing to do with practices rooted in Eastern Mysticism and prayer poses used to worship false pagan gods.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All my Christian friends do yoga. I don't see anything demonic about it. I am not going to stop. I still go to church and belive in God.
Ok. But it doesn’t matter if all your Christian friends do it. It doesn’t matter how you see it. Would Jesus do it? Would Paul? How would they see it? The examples we are to follow. That’s what matters. You can’t just blindly go along with with what others think is ok. You need to test everything to God’s word, not the standards of your fellow mortal humans.

Going to church, and believing in God is not the gospel. That doesn’t save anyone. The BTK Killer went to church, believed in God. The cult leader Jim Jones went to church, believed in God. There’s more to it than what manmade denominational religion proclaims.

I can’t tell you what to do but I do know, after testing this practice of yoga to God’s word, it is unwise to be involved in it. See, I’ve put in the time, done the research. I encourage you to do the same and test it all to the scriptures, not your peers. In the end, are you sure it’s you doing yoga? Maybe yoga is doing you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then I might as well stay in my room and be celibate. I also might as well not do anything, watch anything or own anything that's not Christian. Really none of my Christian friends think yoga is wrong and while I am doing it I focus on God. I also do it to lose weight. I gained over 50 lbs because of Covid and had mental breakdowns because of the shutdown and face masks. Yoga helps with all of that.

Also stop derailing this thread please. Back on topic. Also.

I am done socializing today in person. I talked to a lot of people even woman I don't know which is a couple of 10's on the scale. I am burnt out. I am going to relax, listen to music then watch TV later, bring down the trash, watch a little bit more TV then go to bed.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never started derailing the thread when you think about it. You are a Christian, yes? You want a single Christian woman? Why should God give you one of His daughters when you are partaking in the rudiments of antichrist New Age/Eastern Mysticism? God is a jealous God.

It doesn’t matter what your friends think. Their opinions count for less than nothing. You can’t go by that. No one says you have to lock yourself in a room or own nothing either, you’re to be out in the world. But you are not to be OF the world. If you walk like the world, talk like the world, dress like the world, act like the world, do New Age religious practices like the world..then you’re the world. And Jesus Christ is returning to destroy the people of the world, we need to be careful. There’s also many other ways to exercise.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also the owner if the studio I go too is a devoted Jewish with a wife and kids heck even grankids. He has no problems with his faith and he still does and teach yoga so I don't know why you keep bringing it up that is the devils thing.

Upvote 0

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You aren’t supposed to follow me, or be a monk. You’re not supposed to follow your friends, your own feelings, or your Jewish yoga instructor. You’re supposed to follow Jesus, and obey. Deny self, take up your cross, crucify the flesh, submit yourself to God. Modern CEO pastors won’t tell you that last part, about obedience. They want you in the pews, they want your money on the plates..I don’t want your money I got my own money.

Don’t believe me either, look into it for yourself. You can’t just blindly follow your friends or your Jewish yoga instructor. They’re on the wide road, Jesus talks of a narrow gate that few find. You make your own choice but neither your own feelings or mine or any other mortal human are what determines what is acceptable to God, and what is an abomination. And I can confidently say, that after testing this to God’s word multiple times in my walk, that yoga is an abomination before God just like any other New Age/Eastern Mystic practices. Don’t take my word for it, do the research, look into the origins of what you’re involved in, test it to God’s word. That would be the smart move, rather than following the blind into the pit.

• Wow
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0