Single woman they just ain't any in my area.

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner

Sep 21, 2022
The South
✟28,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has everything to do with being single when you think about it. You are a professing Christian. Therefore you aren’t to be yoked with unbelievers and need a Christian woman. So, tell me..why should God give you one of His daughters? Because you don’t want to be celibate? That isn’t good enough. And if you aren’t married you better be celibate..read what Revelations says about fornicators. And if you do marry, you are placing yourself in a position of spiritual authority over your wife. So why should God give you one of His daughters? Just something to think about.

I am just going to take an educated guess here but venting about singleness, as a man, I doubt women find that attractive either. You have to be good with being single, if you can’t be satisfied with yourself, how is anyone else going to be? Just some things to think about. This will be my last reply. Yeah, I know it just sounds crazy in today’s decadent churchianity/manmade religious systems..so just spare another ‘wow’ rating on my comment. At least I cared enough to tell you the truth. Unlike your modern CEO pastor, or your Jewish yoga instructor. They just want your your money, I don’t need your money. Have a good night.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It really bugs me that a lot of men in this forum talk to a woman or two and because they are single, just throw up their hands and say, "There are NO single women in my area!" Then come to find out, this dude lives in BROOKLYN, NY! There are probably over a million single women in your area.

GodBeMercifulToMeASinner
GodBeMercifulToMeASinner
Take me to God’s word, and test what I said to it..let’s see what is nonsense according to that. Because I don’t care about your opinions..dude. Have a good night.
Upvote 0
Saucy
Saucy
You're the one spitting opinions. There is NOWHERE in the bible that says yoga is demonic worship. Not a single place. To worship demons is an intentional place in the heart. I've countered your nonsense several times with bible verses, but your opinions are so strong, all you care about is being right and beating people down. It's against the rules here to derail threads and go off-topic.
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's just looking out for you @Tony Ramirez
It's what we're suppose to do for each other,
It's an act of love.
Just looking out for your soul.
Tbh, Think more of us should reflect on our relationships with the LORD and really ask ourselves, "if the LORD came back today, would I be considered a one of the five wise virgin's or one of the foolish one's?"
Food for thought,
maybe you put more effort into building a relationship with the LORD. Have a Blessed evening.

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,300.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was talking to this woman at yoga and it was going good until she mentioned her husband. That ended the conversation.

Ending a conversation with a woman because she mentioned her husband or BF would be awkward.

You can make a light-hearted joke about it. Because you'll probably see each other again and if the conversation did not end in generally good terms, you'll feel awkward whenever you come across each other.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,300.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Okay maybe they are single woman in my neighborhood but I know there are way more single men than women.

Some of the single women who says they have BF could be lying about it.

A single woman if they're pretty would want to get BF quickly so men would stop bothering her OR she can simply lie about having a BF. She may even show pictures of a guy with her but could be her EX. So don't give up too easily. At least aim for friendship and I meant being genuine about it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,300.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
All my Christian friends do yoga. I don't see anything demonic about it. I am not going to stop. I still go to church and belive in God.

The physical aspect of yoga is OK. It's the things they say to "relax" you during yoga sessions is what bothers my spirit.

I've done yoga before but alone and in complete silence. It's the complete silence I find most relaxing than listening to some 'soothing music' or some 'soothing words' by the yoga teacher.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ending a conversation with a woman because she mentioned her husband or BF would be awkward.

You can make a light-hearted joke about it. Because you'll probably see each other again and if the conversation did not end in generally good terms, you'll feel awkward whenever you come across each other.
Actually to tell the complete truth after she mentioned her husband she ended the conversation because she had to leave. I would not be rude and say I don't want to talk to you no more.
The physical aspect of yoga is OK. It's the things they say to "relax" you during yoga sessions is what bothers my spirit.

I've done yoga before but alone and in complete silence. It's the complete silence I find most relaxing than listening to some 'soothing music' or some 'soothing words' by the yoga teacher.
During the relaxation I say to myself praise God or God help me do better.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
They're in your area, but you're just not meeting them organically by being yourself and doing what you like to do. Story of my life.

Whether or not someone worthwhile is among them in your area is another question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,300.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I would not be rude and say I don't want to talk to you no more.

You can be genuinely polite but still come out awkward. Like a woman might think you're hitting on her and she brings up the 'being in a relationship' lines. You can still try to turn things around, and convince her you're just being friendly and add some humor to it.

Just because someone has BF or married means you avoid being friends with them. You can establish real friendship with women who aren't single and who knows, they might someday arrange to have you meet someone they know!:oldthumbsup:

Because the more friends you have, the more chances of finding someone because friends can be a big help in having relationships.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because someone has BF or married means you avoid being friends with them.
The problem with that is I already know so many of my friends who are in relationships. I don't feel like knowing more.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem with that is I already know so many of my friends who are in relationships. I don't feel like knowing more.
perhaps you should let us know what you find attractive?
Could just be that your setting your standards too high

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All my Christian friends do yoga. I don't see anything demonic about it. I am not going to stop. I still go to church and belive in God.
Don't listen to that poster, that person's posts it quite trollish in nature.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok. But it doesn’t matter if all your Christian friends do it. It doesn’t matter how you see it. Would Jesus do it? Would Paul? How would they see it? The examples we are to follow. That’s what matters. You can’t just blindly go along with with what others think is ok. You need to test everything to God’s word, not the standards of your fellow mortal humans...

When it comes to any particular activity, the question I would ask isn't "Would Jesus (or Paul) do it?" Just because Jesus or Paul would not do something doesn't mean it is sin.

Instead, I would consider if it the activity itself is a worthwhile use of your free time. It should not be sin or contributing to any kind of darkened mindset. There are activities that are not sin per se, but ones I recommend avoiding. Gambling and frequenting strip clubs are among those.

As for yoga in particular: unless there is clearly some immoral stuff happening, I wouldn't worry about it. Just because some activity has roots in some pagan tradition does not mean we must avoid it. If we applied that standard, we wouldn't have any holidays to celebrate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When it comes to any particular activity, the question I would ask isn't "Would Jesus (or Paul) do it?" Just because Jesus or Paul would not do something doesn't mean it is sin.
Right, this isn't the question to be asking as it doesn't work well in every situation. Like with the Yoga = demonic, same with certain Christians closing their doors to trick or treaters due to it being "demonic". Same when Pokemon came out, they thought they were little "demons" or whatever.

"Would Jesus play Pokemon?" I dunno, have no idea.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,756.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I always meet single females in the park. I bump into them constantly. They are everywhere!

But, its rare to find one that i feel in tune with.

Plus, its a real turn off if they are drooling at the mouth and have fleas!

Woof!

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,843.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
"Would Jesus play Pokemon?" I dunno, have no idea.
Exactly. Jesus lived in first century Israel, which was vastly different from the world we live in. There are so many things which are so far removed from what He would have experienced, making impossible to apply "Jesus would/wouldn't do that" to them.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. Jesus lived in first century Israel, which was vastly different from the world we live in. There are so many things which are so far removed from what He would have experienced, making impossible to apply "Jesus would/wouldn't do that" to them.

Yeah, I kind of had to severe ties with some friends socially...not that you ever stop being friends with someone...but, for instance...I had a movie buddy that took her Christianity to a whole different level, so we had to stop seeing movies together because of the content...even if it's PG 13 or PG. I mean, we do a simply hi and by, short chats...but keep religion out of our discussions.

Had another friend that was an avid gamer, we hadn't been in touch in a while, but when I asked about certain video games that were coming out, "Hey, you going to check out so-and-so? I heard great reviews" and then he launched into the whole image of demons and such.

I didn't say it aloud, but it was an awkward moment, I just said, "Um, when did this come about?" and thought , "I don't know who you ARE anymore!" lol

Upvote 0