ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's pretty clear that God is not going to answer my prayers for a husband. Or, he does, but I reject the guy because I just don't develop romantic feelings for him. I do have sexual desires for males, but I just can't get into the guys I date. The last guy was incredibly immature, and the others were okay, but they wanted sex quickly and I didn't feel anything when we kissed. Should I just give up? I've kind of stopped asking, because of this.
I think in dating in general, that we meet a lot of people that we don’t like or hit it off with.

I think we just need to keep trying

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I rarely have developed any sexual or romantic feelings toward others in my entire life, unfortunatedly others develope them sometimes for me but maybe not as much now as before. I think that if one wants to get to know a person it might be a good idea to take the relation on another level than the sexual to start with. Do a hobby together, some work or something You would do for the rest of Your lives and see if You enjoy it together, not just sit on your phones snd computers and get tumours of the radiation. When we are in our 40 s we are not always so easily adaptable anymore so that we both enjoy doing might be a good match. Some complement each other too if they are on the opposite of the spectrum but the friction risk and disaster and everydaystress is way huge. So whatever Your gut tells You follow that, and fear not.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think in dating in general, that we meet a lot of people that we don’t like or hit it off with.

I think we just need to keep trying

I have never been on an official date so I don’t know, but I guess noone is perfect. Hey I have been dumped because I had my hair coloured purplybrown...He suddenly decided He wanted a blonde. I doubt He could find many that was naturally blonder than I actually in that country but as some said He should have come the year before. It was ok for me to be blonde in the north but not in the south. I thought I wanted to be safer than blonde when I walked to the store in the south. So I had to blend in.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have never been on an official date so I don’t know, but I guess noone is perfect. Hey I have been dumped because I had my hair coloured purplybrown...He suddenly decided He wanted a blonde. I doubt He could find many that was naturally blonder than I actually in that country but as some said He should have come the year before. It was ok for me to be blonde in the north but not in the south. I thought I wanted to be safer than blonde when I walked to the store in the south. So I had to blend in.
Your never going to please everyone. Just stand tall with your self

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone

I know this probably isn't right to feel this way and I could use prayer for this..i know this is wrong thinking, but I'm wondering if others struggle with this. Btw I'm female just in case you wanted to know for your replies.

Being 43, obviously, aging is beginning to take a toll on me. I beginning to have a midsection I never previously had, in gaining weight in my face, and the creases on my face after becoming more prominent.

Sadly, I hate to say it. But I find myself not physically attracted to candidates in my age range for the same reasons. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite here because I'm not happy with my own refection either. I was hoping I would have been married by now.

I have a hard time seeing past some of these inevitable things, we spent most of our lives on the other end, where these things were not an issue.

I don't want to be single forever. I've actually posted a casual more recent photo of myself on this Christian dating site. I get hardly any replies where as just under five years ago, when my face was more youthful I would get a higher number.

Please pray that I can look past the physical. I wonder how much physical attraction matters sometimes and I know it all fades, but I'm hoping that can be a component in the future.

Hope I don't sound vain....

Anybody else feel this way at this age?
I hear you. You state you have gained weight on the face. You can go on a diet and exercise to reduce the weight. I did and I am told I look younger and fitter than I was a year ago when I was overweight.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have never met anyone without preferences. Whether they're related to dating, food, or another subject. Your aesthetic preference is no different from ideals regarding height, career, hobbies and so on. But I think it's equally important to be aware of the dating expectations of the gentlemen you're seeking. And be willing to accept the consequences of that choice.

The danger is viewing this from a woman's perspective without grasping what the opposite sex prefers. I date gentlemen in their mid to late thirties and their expectations are generally the same. Self-care matters as does a pleasant disposition, femininity, and an ability to follow him. The problem of mothering is more pronounced with age gaps.

You don't need to look for a needle in the haystack but you must understand the stack you're desiring. Good luck!

Upvote 0