Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ishmael Borg said:
JohnR7: To find you posting these photos here is disturbing.
You do not like my photos? That is alright, sometimes I do not like them either. Although if I do not like a photo I am working on, I usually do not finish it. How about this photo, everyone is covered up real good.
fivefishSM.jpg

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Larry said:
>>spiritual sickness and being spiritually asleep
Paul is not talking about spiritual sickness and spiritual sleep. If I has wanted a passage about that, I would have quoted John.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
ej said:
Personally, I think (know) that there are practitioners out there who do not have their patients best interests at heart. But far from this being the general rule, they are few, and should be reported tothe appropriate authority by the concerned party.
The thing is, the very best of what man has to offer, will always fall far short of what God has to offer us. People need to reach out to God. They need to receive from Him, what He has for them.

To many people put their trust in man, and they do not go beyond that. We always say, get the best of what man has to offer you. Then when there is no where else to go, no one else to turn to, then try God and see what He can do for you and your condition.

We see a lot of people that have gotten the best of what man has to offer and they are at deaths door. But we somehow manage to get them to reach out to God and He will turn the whole thing around and they will recover.

17 Fools, because of their transgression, And because of their iniquities, were afflicted. 18 Their soul abhorred all manner of food, And they drew near to the gates of death. 19 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses. 20 He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions. 21 Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! 22 Let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, And declare His works with rejoicing. Psalms 107: 1 - 43

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
You do not like my photos? That is alright, sometimes I do not like them either. Although if I do not like a photo I am working on, I usually do not finish it. How about this photo, everyone is covered up real good.
fivefishSM.jpg
Could I see one of you riding a Donkey (a**)??? Pretty please??? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rihu76

Feb 17, 2004
Ontario, Canada
✟15,468.00
Faith
Catholic
JohnR7 said:
fivefishSM.jpg

Hey John! That's a pretty cool photo. You have a talent!

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
JohnR7 said:
In general the studies have found that calling yourself a christian does not seem to make any difference. But doing things that would be considered christian, does seem to make a difference.
While I actually disagree quite strongly with John in the biological health context of this statement, I still think its worth highlighting.

Brilliant theology John, when taken in Biblical and spiritual context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

toff

Dec 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
✟9,038.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
There are a few studies that come to mind. One had to do with high blood preassure. There was no preferance for Christians over other religions, but in general, they more someone attended church, the more they read their Bible and prayed, the lower their blood preasure was.

Another study I remember was a five year study on people who are giving people or who do things to help others. It could be something as small as just picking up a news paper for a neighbor. The study found the health of giving, helping people is better and they live longer. The women really tried hard to make adjustments for people who are to sick to begin with to do anything to help others. But the results showed that selfish people have more health problems and they die sooner than people who do what they can to help others.

In general the studies have found that calling yourself a christian does not seem to make any difference. But doing things that would be considered christian, does seem to make a difference.
What studies? Citation? No offense, but without a citation, the above is useless. I could say I remember a study that showed atheists live longer and are healthier, too.

Upvote 0

toff

Dec 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
✟9,038.00
Faith
Atheist
Ishmael Borg said:
JohnR7: To find you posting these photos here is disturbing. I know, I'm an evil, filthy, warped atheist, but c'mon. I wouldn't feel comfortable taking these photos, even with age-of-consent forms, say nothing about posting them.
What in the world was wrong with the photos he took and posted?

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Some diseases are due to sin, some are not.
We can't claim they all are, or we'd be condemning lots of innocent people.

But gluttony, for example, causes obesity, which predisposes to arthritis, diabetes, breast cancer, heart disease, vascular disease, lung disease, gallstones, and there are more...

Upvote 0

toff

Dec 21, 2003
Sydney, Australia
✟9,038.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
Actually, that was one of the most annointed Bible studies that I have done sense a teaching I did at Bible college. I prayed for two or three hours before I put that together. If more people understood what Paul was saying in that passage, there would be a lot less sickess for doctors to have to deal with.

They tell me that One Drop of the Divine Blood of Jesus is all that it would take to cure all of the sickness in this world.
Do they? Tell me...who's "they"? And if it's true, why hasn't Jesus dropped that drop of blood on us? He could cure all of the sickness in the world, and hasn't done so? Nice guy...

Upvote 0