Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Godzman said:
actually in biblical student will now that line is not in the earliest manuscripts, so it is most likely put in there by editorilizing
IOW, somebody tampered with the Bible? Someone way back when put words into Christ's mouth?

You realize that by implying this, you've opened up a can o' worms in the credibility department; the Bible is no longer divinely inspired if it can be "editorialized" so easily...

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
Godzman said:
actually in biblical student will now that line is not in the earliest manuscripts, so it is most likely put in there by editorilizing
Hmmmmm (scratching head)...I wonder what else has been put in by "editorializing". How do you know what has and what has not???

Upvote 0

Godzman

Peace
Sep 8, 2003
Central Bible College
✟10,549.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nathan Poe said:
IOW, somebody tampered with the Bible? Someone way back when put words into Christ's mouth?

You realize that by implying this, you've opened up a can o' worms in the credibility department; the Bible is no longer divinely inspired if it can be "editorialized" so easily...
lol, the earliest manuscripts are the most reliable, the claim of infallibility only applies to the orignal texts.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Godzman said:
he could have said both :rolleyes:
No, he couldn't have. Then one wouldn't be 'last'.

"It is finished." (John 19:30)

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me!" (Mark 15:34-5 and Matthew 27:46)

"Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." (Luke 23:46)

Apologize for it all you wish, it's called a "contradiction".

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Godzman said:
lol, the earliest manuscripts are the most reliable, the claim of infallibility only applies to the orignal texts.
And where are those "original texts" now? Why are they not copied? How come Christians today are using a corrupted version of the "Word of God?"

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Nathan Poe said:

someone will claim that it was divinely editorialised. you mark my words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.