Sin & Sickness

professor frink

Feb 1, 2004
BC
✟15,451.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
I am amazed that I run into doctors and Phd's that do not even have a third grade level of understanding of the Bible.
What is the extent of your understanding of the Q'uran and the teachings of Muhammed, John? If knowledge of world religions is what makes people smart, impress us with yours.

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
JohnR7 said:
That would be part two, and we would need to go back into the teaching of Moses. But one thing that would be covered by Moses, is any disease that could be found in Egypt at that time.
And that must include a list much longer than the 'plagues' that were sent by God John. Lets not forget that every single good and humble servant of the Lord in the OT also died (in the biological sense). You really need to talk to a few more pastors on this theology John.

How can you marry this theology with 'Blessed are the poor?' Surely, good health is simply another form of material wealth, correct? How is it so many sick come to Christ in their sickness?

John 9:2
And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"

[size=-1]John 9:3
Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.[/size]

[size=-1]I have seen the very same in the sick and the dying. God did not cure them physically, John. But he saved them in every way that matters.[/size]

JohnR7 said:
JohnR7 said:
- Show Context and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you." My sister told me about a book written by a medical doctor called something like: "none of these diseases". He talks about Moses and a Bible approach to staying healthy.
IOW, the Egyptians rejected God's authority and experienced the chaos that always comes from such activity. There is far more to this theology that what you are making of it John. Look deeper.

Are we supposed to believe that a SIDS baby dies because of his parents' sin? And what about the wicked who prosper and lead long, healthy lives? It just doesn't work in the way you are defending it John.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
JohnR7 said:
I am amazed that I run into doctors and Phd's that do not even have a third grade level of understanding of the Bible.
Do not be "amazed" that we do not have your level of understanding...I really thought you would of set the benchmark of your own level of understanding, a little higher than third grade, John.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
armed2010 said:
Your deficient knowledge of the subject is making me ill=tempered.

You will need to take that up with my manager.

Amanda8inches.jpg

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
Philosoft said:
One of my players declared one day that her family was going to follow Christian Science; they decided to forego modern medical treatments. She is asthmatic and usually carries her inhaler around, but her family's "advisor" instructed her to begin taking extract of squirrel poo or something in lieu of the asthma medicine. One afternoon sometime later at softball practice, she begins having a minor attack. She starts to panic and pray and the minor attack begins to turn severe. Luckily, one of her teammates had an inhaler handy, which fought off the attack. Next day, my player made sure to bring her inhaler to practice.
:D. I am sure her family's advisor explained it away by saying it was the Devil trying to break her faith in God...

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
armed2010 said:
Figures that your managers would be ditzy blondes with no scientific knowledge whatsoever.
Ok, would you rather talk to Danielle, she is a biology major and a premed student.
Or you could talk to Naneng, she is a nursing student.

dannanSM.jpg

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
Why has the Holy Spirit not come through for you?
Actually, that was one of the most annointed Bible studies that I have done sense a teaching I did at Bible college. I prayed for two or three hours before I put that together. If more people understood what Paul was saying in that passage, there would be a lot less sickess for doctors to have to deal with.

They tell me that One Drop of the Divine Blood of Jesus is all that it would take to cure all of the sickness in this world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
LorentzHA said:
John-If you are ever brought to an ER that I am working in,":sorry:
Your a control freak Lorentz, you just can not stand the thought of not being in contol. You keep wanting to get me into your domain. My dad was like that, he was always wanting to be in control of everything.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Data said:
What? So viruses and bacteria don't cause sickness anymore?
Not if they can not find a host to cause sickness in.

Now I have a question. Why do doctors and nurses seldom get sick, even though they are around sick people all day?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
JohnR7 said:
Remember, when you judge me, your really only judging yourself.
This is a digression, but you need to put context on the word 'judgement' John, since Biblical judgement is not always on par with the common usage of that term.

Judging whether or not arguments are sound is not the same as judgements against the salvation, worth, or goodness of another being. We are called to "test everything", are we not?

Sometimes Christ speaks through the most unexpected people John. You claim that you only seek guidance from pastors and the Holy Spirit is your choice, but why not seek Him out in the hearts and minds of everyone you meet, regardless of their label?

IOW, I too have reservations about your decision to indescriminately disregard the wisdom of others. And no, that does *not* amount to Biblical judgement.

Upvote 0

ab1385

Respect my authoritah!
Jan 26, 2004
✟8,355.00
Faith
Agnostic
JohnR7 said:
Ok, would you rather talk to Danielle, she is a biology major and a premed student.
Or you could talk to Naneng, she is a nursing student.

dannanSM.jpg

So you're telling me, in any serious way, that a nursing student and a pre-med student (neither of which would have any real medical knowledge anyway) would agree with your anti-medicine argument? If so why do they study what they study? And if not then why did you post their names on the forum? "look, I have a premed student friend, so my point must be valid"?

Upvote 0