Sign in thread, drop a note!

Oct 1, 2012
✟8,131.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
*Rather scared to post in here* I believe I belong to the Oriental Orthodox church. Sadly I dont know much about my church as I rarely go to church. I do pray by myself though. And I'd be happy to learn more about any monastries which accept non-priests. Also, would be grateful to find a few friends on here who'll accept me as a person.

Upvote 0

Via Cassian

Fuga mundi (flight from the world)
Dec 24, 2009
South
✟24,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hello, I am a Benedictine oblate and Catholic of the Roman Rite. I have a great interest in and devotion to the Desert Fathers and have again begun to read this forum. I will not post to engage in any debates, but I would like to ask questions of the members who live this wonderful faith.

Blessings in Christ's love to all,

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟61,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi. I wanted to let you know that I'm praying for the Coptic believers in North Africa and throughout the Middle East who have been persecuted. Things look bleak now, but you will prevail because you have Jesus on your side. Amen!

Upvote 0

rakovsky

Apr 8, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟67,675.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So this forum is always a little uneventful and there doesn't seem to be that many Oriental Orthodox members on here. So I thought maybe we could all introduce ourselves and whenever there is a new member this is where he/she can say "hello"!
Hello! I am Eastern Orthodox and I like it that the Coptic Church is an apostolic church, tracing its succession back to the apostles. It has alot of spiritual value like with the Desert Fathers. I want to contribute to the forum to help keep it alive. I've also been reading early Christian documents. Since Egypt was one of the main centers of Christianity in the 1st to 2nd century, a big portion of them came from Egypt.

Upvote 0