Sign in thread, drop a note!

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So this forum is always a little uneventful and there doesn't seem to be that many Oriental Orthodox members on here. So I thought maybe we could all introduce ourselves and whenever there is a new member this is where he/she can say "hello"!

So I'll break the ice first :)

Hi all, my name is Elizabeth:wave: ...aka CotpicGirl...which is supposed to say CopticGirl, but I made a typo when registering and now it's too late to fix! :doh:

God bless!

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello! :wave: My name is Jeff, and I am from Arizona! (in case you're too lazy to click on my profile) umm... I enjoy long walks on the beach, Mai-Tais, and good conversations. :angel:

CotpicGirl said:
Hi all, my name is Elizabeth:wave: ...aka CotpicGirl...which is supposed to say CopticGirl, but I made a typo when registering and now it's too late to fix! :doh:

haha-- its funny you say that, I woulda never noticed. I guess I'm not very perceptive :D (besides, CopticGirl was prolly already taken)

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hey Jeff!:wave:

Nice to meet ya!

Your profile says you go to a Coptic Church, I didn't know that? I just assumed you were some sort of Protestant! :scratch:

haha-- its funny you say that, I woulda never noticed. I guess I'm not very perceptive :D (besides, CopticGirl was prolly already taken)

Yeah, looks like I drew attention to my stupidity! ;) Oh well. I'm okay with laughing at myself! :D

God Bless!

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
CotpicGirl said:
Your profile says you go to a Coptic Church, I didn't know that? I just assumed you were some sort of Protestant! :scratch:

Egh your assumption is partially correct. I choose to be a Christian at a Nazarene Church... so a lot of my ways of thinking, is very Protestant-ish. BUT! I don't really belong to a specific Church. Lately I've been visiting a Coptic one. I visited Egypt once, to do some social justice work- and LOVED it. And... theres a Coptic Church really close to me: so I figure, why not?

CotpicGirl said:
Yeah, looks like I drew attention to my stupidity! ;) Oh well. I'm okay with laughing at myself! :D

Welcome to my world :p

(you're right though, in your OP: this thread does need to liven up a bit more)

Upvote 0

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Egh your assumption is partially correct. I choose to be a Christian at a Nazarene Church... so a lot of my ways of thinking, is very Protestant-ish. BUT! I don't really belong to a specific Church. Lately I've been visiting a Coptic one. I visited Egypt once, to do some social justice work- and LOVED it. And... theres a Coptic Church really close to me: so I figure, why not?

Ahhh, I see. Well, I'm glad you are looking into the Coptic Church. When people ask me what religion I am, and I tell them I'm Coptic Orthodox they either a) assume I'm Jewish or b ) say "what is that?". So I think it's great that you are taking this step to learn about it.

Please, please ask any questions that come to your mind. I love telling/teaching people about my church. And I know learning about the Coptic Church can be difficult at times because of the language and cultrual barriers. But, it's not an impossible task! ;)

God Bless,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Irish Melkite said:
I'm neither a Copt nor an Oriental Orthodox, as Elizabeth knows, but I do keep an eye on this forum and post here occasionally. I too wish it were a bit livelier.

You may not be an Oriental Orthodox, but at least you found a home :)
Take care Neil! :wave:

Upvote 0

minasoliman

Veteran
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟9,050.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I'm Mina Soliman, aka minasoliman (very original, I know...lol)

I am a Coptic Orthodox from NJ. I moderate forums in coptichymns.net...

I defend both the Oriental and the Byzantine cause. I am open-minded, but I may also be very blunt and cruel in the way I debate, simply because I am passionate about my Orthodox Church.

The reason why I came to this site was because of Elizabeth who gave us her concerns in coptichymns.net. Since I feel very passionately about Christology, I did not hesitate to join and argue with the prominent members of this website who accuse us of Monophysitism. Everytime I see misrepresentation, I try my best to email the site and defend myself so that they may correct their writings.

And I hate ignorance. This is where I'm harshest.

Other than that, I am a loving Coptic Orthodox Christian who has many friends, one who is a Greek Orthodox priest who supports the Oriental cause as well. I am an optimist. I believe there will be an Orthodox unity.

Okay, I realized I'm turning this thread further from its purpose...lol...I'll shut up now.

Pray for me.

God bless.

Upvote 0

domi

I reject your reality and subsitute my own!
Oct 18, 2004
New York
✟22,029.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
OOOOOOOOOOO PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! i didn't know there were more ppl here besides like elizibeth and Erini...good thing i looked cuz it was about to become eddie lol...PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Hi people...i'm domi...hmm i might be kinda sorta new... I'm very hyper and i like to question chirsnity..but don't confuse that with me not being a chirstian.. I also thought i talked to much but appently i don't cuz i dont' even have 100 poats yet...btw join my rebellion http://www.christianforums.com/t1501002-who-has-this-problem.html lol...ight yah as u'll see i'm kinda crazy...lv ya

-domi

Upvote 0

domi

I reject your reality and subsitute my own!
Oct 18, 2004
New York
✟22,029.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CopticGirl

Feb 25, 2005
✟1,398.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Neil,
I'm neither a Copt nor an Oriental Orthodox, as Elizabeth knows, but I do keep an eye on this forum and post here occasionally. I too wish it were a bit livelier.

You're always welcome here! I enjoy your input.

Mina,
I'm glad you stuck around!

Domi,
I hope you continue to learn more about the Coptic church.

Yeznik,
I'm glad we have someone here who isn't Coptic, variety is always good! :)

God Bless,
Elizabeth

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeznik said:
I am a part of the Armenian Church. I am a sub-deacon in the Armenian Church and I am slowly working on my deaconship. I use to post in the EO forum until we got our own forum. I am husband and father of 2 (soon to be 2).

Congradulations on your wife and children ;) enjoy your kids while they're young, soon they'll grow older and... egh, more difficult to deal with! (my poor mother for having to put up with me) :sigh:

What is the difference between deacon, sub deacon, priest, and all that jazz?

Upvote 0
Y

Yeznik

feo said:
Congradulations on your wife and children ;) enjoy your kids while they're young, soon they'll grow older and... egh, more difficult to deal with! (my poor mother for having to put up with me) :sigh:

What is the difference between deacon, sub deacon, priest, and all that jazz?

There are "rankings" in the Armenian Church. sub deacons have specific duties, deacons have specific duties an so on. For example I am not allowed to carry the chalice when it is presented to the priest during the Divine Liturgy. Nor, I am allowed to do the Gospel reading from the altar during Divine Liturgy or the censor. I need to be trained for those specific duties, their are prayers that must be learned aside from the ones from the Divine Liturgy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

minasoliman

Veteran
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟9,050.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Absolutely not!

No, I'm just kidding. Why not? I'm fairly new here, but I see no problem, personally, if you want to debate with us as well ;)...

And happy birthday :D

Have an upcoming blessing Palm Sunday, Pascha week, and Easter.

Pray for me.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
minasoliman said:
Hi Mike :D

Can you write icons? lol

Yes, I do write icons, but I write them in a classical Russian style and not a Coptic Style. I must say however that Coptic icons are simply beautiful! I also like the style which comes out of the region arround Armenia and Georgia as well! Here is one of Sts. Mary of Egypt and Zosima which I recently completed and had blessed on the feast of St. Mary of Egypt.

Upvote 0