Sick and tired of Atheists and other denouncers of Christ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ttery

May 27, 2010
✟19,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally God has put me in that situation before. Not only have I posted on Yahoo! Answers and got a "bad response", but I also seen others questions about God, get a "bad answer". I don't like to see or even read such things, but God is willing to help us, so that we don't respond with a harsh answer. God is willing to help us, not to vent our anger.

"A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control."
Proverbs 29:11

Work on trying to forgive those who may have hurt you even aside from this topic. Please continue to Grow in The Lord Jesus. Remember, Healthy things grow, is your relationship with Christ growing?

Upvote 0

Syndromeramo

Apr 1, 2011
✟7,632.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just here to let you know that we are not all bad. Most atheists I know do not go out of their way to mock Christians. Although I do not believe in a higher power, I respect your, and anyone else's right to believe. Mentioning God is not something that should be mocked. I am ashamed at our vocal minority. They're our WBC.

Reactions: Satt
Upvote 0

Vico

Mar 21, 2006
Sydney, Australia
✟8,294.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Warrioress

female bible warrior
Oct 6, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for your perspective. I agree. I wish I had stopped here first instead of going straight the the "Morals and Ethics" forum.

I hate what atheists are doing and my impulse is to fight. I am clearly not the believer I should be.

I am going to take a break from that forum and come to places like these and get fed...

You have said a blessed mouthful here! Amen!

I was being emotionally abused terribly where I was participating for about three years. I had always been very polite too and not particularly pushy; I simply stood up for what I believe in and that wasn't appreciated. Nevertheless, the fact that I believe the bible and stood by it brought me a lot of grief. Eventually I was removed from that site because I wouldn't compromise this perspective and religion was actually banned there, though other beliefs like New Age-ism, atheism, etc. were allowed to freely insult Christianity with impunity. I couldn't understand what was going on. I did become angry too.

At some point, it was past time to go. God had other places for me to be and things for me to be doing. He had other people for me to speak with. It was time to shake the dust off of my sandals as far as that site went and move forward. I'm in awe of how things have changed for the better now and so glad I trusted God. I came here emotionally battered and bruised, and met some kind, supportive people that pushed me forward firmly but lovingly. Things are super now. I'm writing a daily blog on a professional blogging site within a HUGE community. I'm reaching all kinds of people for Christ.

Well, God bless you and best wishes in your spiritual journeys.

Upvote 0

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I welcome the suffering, bring it... Jesus said we would experience suffering because of him.

Christians are all too keen to participate in the blessings of Christ's Resurrection and reluctant to participate in the suffering of his Crucifixion.

"For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him." Phil 1:29

Blessings :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zando

I <3 You
Dec 11, 2011
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How many of you out there have responded or commented on the internet,especially on Yahoo news or Answers,only to be ridiculed and attacked for mentioning God?It makes me very angry,and I respond with much aggression.How many of you have witnessed other Christians being mobbed online,simply for believing in a higher truth?Does it stir up within you a deep,passionate desire to defend them and the word of God?I'm fed up with these arrogant idiots! :mad:

You think getting mobbed on the internet is bad? I suggest you re-read the story of Jesus's crucifixion. He was spit on, punched in the face, beaten with whips that had nails on it, hung on a wooded stake to die. He was mocked and threatened and mistreated horribly throughout his entire ministry. The servant is not greater than it's master. If Jesus was hated we shall be as well. The real issue is people who oppose us do it because we speak the truth by Jesus's authority and not our own. They call us arrogant and close minded for believing God's authority is the ONLY authority whether they like it or not. The ironic thing is, when it comes to God there is only one way and that is God's. period. Not open for discussion. God is absolute. In a world where moral relativism is popular and we are told we get to choose our own good and evil, it opens up animosity to anyone who rejects the idea of the "be your own God" movement. I just put it simply like this with people who use ad hominem attacks:

"God's authority trumps yours. Feel free to believe otherwise and I'll feel free to tell you you're wrong. So let's agree to disagree." :amen:

Last edited:
Reactions: LOCO
Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
0019aqsc

Sorry dude someone having a contrary opinion does not mean you're being persecuted.

Upvote 0

Zando

I <3 You
Dec 11, 2011
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry dude someone having a contrary opinion does not mean you're being persecuted.

It's not the contrary opinion that is what's persecuting the believer. It's the name calling and ridicule and resentment that comes with it. If a person even mutters a "praise God" or "thank God for this" or a "bless you" there will be the atheist troll who comes from under their bridge and throws a "your're irrational/stupid" or "your God is not real" or "the flying spaghetti monster" etc. It's the blatant lack of respect for a contrary belief that is infuriating. Christians do not want to be bombarded with attacks for thanking their God for something or saying how their God did this or that for them. Yet there are those who make it a point to come to christian forums for no other reason than to troll. When you refuse to agree to disagree, you are trolling. It's disrespectful and unnecessary. If you do not believe in God and a believer is talking to you about God and you are not interested, tell them you are not interested and ask them to drop the subject. They will dust their feet off and move on to anyone who wants to listen. However, if you go into a christian forum and tell Christians not to talk to you about God you need to dust your feet off and move on to a forum that discusses your own interests instead of bothering those who are Christians talking about the Christian lifestyle in a Christian forum.

Reactions: Elgibbor
Upvote 0

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's not the contrary opinion that is what's persecuting the believer. It's the name calling and ridicule and resentment that comes with it. If a person even mutters a "praise God" or "thank God for this" or a "bless you" there will be the atheist troll who comes from under their bridge and throws a "your're irrational/stupid" or "your God is not real" or "the flying spaghetti monster" etc. It's the blatant lack of respect for a contrary belief that is infuriating. Christians do not want to be bombarded with attacks for thanking their God for something or saying how their God did this or that for them. Yet there are those who make it a point to come to christian forums for no other reason than to troll. When you refuse to agree to disagree, you are trolling. It's disrespectful and unnecessary. If you do not believe in God and a believer is talking to you about God and you are not interested, tell them you are not interested and ask them to drop the subject. They will dust their feet off and move on to anyone who wants to listen. However, if you go into a christian forum and tell Christians not to talk to you about God you need to dust your feet off and move on to a forum that discusses your own interests instead of bothering those who are Christians talking about the Christian lifestyle in a Christian forum.

:amen::amen::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
/Making a spectacle of your faith is what's unneccesary and, frankly, what most athiests are offended by7. I have never experienced the "trolling" you describe, I suggest because I don't make a big, self righteous show of my faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zando

I <3 You
Dec 11, 2011
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
/Making a spectacle of your faith is what's unneccesary and, frankly, what most athiests are offended by7. I have never experienced the "trolling" you describe, I suggest because I don't make a big, self righteous show of my faith.

As I said before. Christians do not want to be bombarded with attacks when they praise their God. What is so offending to an atheist who doesn't believe in any God when a Christian says "Thank you Lord" or "I thank God for ___"? It has nothing to do with the atheist so there is nothing to be offended by. If an atheist just doesn't like the topic of God..solution: Do not engage in the conversation and go on your merry way, simple as that. There is nothing self righteous about talking about God. It's a christian forum, that's expected. The trolling I describe is exactly what happens in any discussion where someone lists their faith as a reason why they are for or against ______(fill in the blank). Then ensues the attacks about said faith. It's a classic formula and it never fails.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
As I said before. Christians do not want to be bombarded with attacks when they praise their God. What is so offending to an atheist who doesn't believe in any God when a Christian says "Thank you Lord" or "I thank God for ___"? It has nothing to do with the atheist so there is nothing to be offended by. If an atheist just doesn't like the topic of God..solution: Do not engage in the conversation and go on your merry way, simple as that. There is nothing self righteous about talking about God. It's a christian forum, that's expected. The trolling I describe is exactly what happens in any discussion where someone lists their faith as a reason why they are for or against ______(fill in the blank). Then ensues the attacks about said faith. It's a classic formula and it never fails.
What is so offensive? By thanking the lord in such a way that you are shoving your self righteousness in the faces of others. I'm a Christian, and even I find such sanctmonious displays of false piety gag worthy.

Upvote 0

1christian

elect
Dec 9, 2011
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have found that these so called atheist are not really atheist , they use that name to cover what they truly are and that is anti-christ ,or anti-God , they go out of their way to attack God and have an agenda many times . They may not even understand that them selves , since they are going about the devils business in reality .

A true atheist would not waste their time on something that is in no way real to them .

Upvote 0

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How many of you out there have responded or commented on the internet,especially on Yahoo news or Answers,only to be ridiculed and attacked for mentioning God?It makes me very angry,and I respond with much aggression.How many of you have witnessed other Christians being mobbed online,simply for believing in a higher truth?Does it stir up within you a deep,passionate desire to defend them and the word of God?I'm fed up with these arrogant idiots! :mad:

I used to feel this way. Sometimes one gets to me, sure, but I don't get nearly as angry or argumentative as I used to. I don't know why, exactly, but I'm absolutely certain that the main reason is because of Christ.

I think maybe I was never saved before November, I dunno. Either way, I used to always argue with atheists, even ridiculing them. I thought I was helping, but in reality I was just being cruel. I regret it.

Lately, I've felt differently about not just atheists, but all the lost. I dunno. I just feel that I should just be a messenger and tell them about Christ, and not force it down their throats. It's their choice, not mine, right? But more than that I've felt compassion where I had bitterness and hatred for a long time. I feel different. All because of Jesus.

I know they can be trying, but please, have patience. Christ said that all men would hate us because of Him, after all. He also said to 'love our enemies'.

I understand the anger, believe me. But after a while, hatred and bitterness become your entire reality, consuming everything that you are. Don't fall into that trap, please, I beg of you.

Upvote 0

strelok0017

_______
Sep 23, 2011
✟13,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Happened to me a lots of times and still keeps happening. We can share the word with others but we can't scare them out of hell. They are in hands of the Lord. We can pray for them. In fact we should but more than that we can't do and aren't called to do. Yahoo Answers is the worst place in the world to ask anyone anything. Even Religion & Spirituality section is filled with atheists. Christian forums are much safer place. A community of Christians, especially a small group in your church is the place you ought to get your questions resolved not some atheist filled website. Remember that it is said that "blessed is the man who walks not in the council of the wicked...". If you find those atheists repulsive there is nothing in the Bible that says "Stay there.". Feel free to leave their company. ;)

Blessings!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.