Sick and tired of Atheists and other denouncers of Christ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godschild67042

GodsChild
Sep 27, 2010
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many of you out there have responded or commented on the internet,especially on Yahoo news or Answers,only to be ridiculed and attacked for mentioning God?It makes me very angry,and I respond with much aggression.How many of you have witnessed other Christians being mobbed online,simply for believing in a higher truth?Does it stir up within you a deep,passionate desire to defend them and the word of God?I'm fed up with these arrogant idiots! :mad:

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't read the rules for this sub-forum so i hope I'm not out of line for posting, but welcome to CF and this place can be a refreshing haven. You still need to use discretion re: who you read and who you ignore, but personally I find the uplifting part of it is the relationships you can make with AMAZING believers! Also many great resources, as well as posts.

I find "green pastures" in the sub-forums "Deeper Fellowship" and sometimes "Dreams & Visions," and if you're part of a particular denomination you can find a faith group or congregation specific sub-forum for that as well. Places for light chat as well.

(Some sub-forums can also be a battleground and it sounds like you need a break from that)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't like them either, but they're not really persecutors. In fact, one of the things I like to do when they attack religion as the source of all ills is point out what the officially atheist states have done to Christians and those of other faiths. Those people also held similar opinions, and actually had the power to persecute Christians. Which they did, and in some places like China and North Korea, continue to do.

Upvote 0

GodstandsbyMe

Oct 2, 2010
✟15,155.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
this is to the OP, instead of being angry take a closer look at Christianity history. Christians are not pretty roses and angels as you suspect it is? Christianity has been the result of many wars and conflict! Remember the Christian Crusades. A lot of Bloodshed was spill. So Atheist have valid reasons not to believe in your faith or religion. Now look at yourself and see you are getting angry. If you proclaim truth then why does it make you angry?

My advice to you is read your history and learn different religions and learn what atheists believe and why, that you will be better equipped to respond. See most atheists know what you are going to say before you even speak it because you have been program to speak that way. Some times your anger can come from lack of knowledge!

This is coming from a ex Atheist and believe me I know a lot. I study a lot of different views. We all are human after all and we will make mistakes! So getting Angry is not going to help is it, it will just prove Atheists were right about the Angry little Christian boy! This is no joke either. You need to know what you are talking about before you confront an Atheist because they know scriptures as well as you do. Study yourself approve.

And some advice to others don't view them as the enemy because we are all lost at one point or another.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How many of you out there have responded or commented on the internet,especially on Yahoo news or Answers,only to be ridiculed and attacked for mentioning God?It makes me very angry,and I respond with much aggression.How many of you have witnessed other Christians being mobbed online,simply for believing in a higher truth?Does it stir up within you a deep,passionate desire to defend them and the word of God?I'm fed up with these arrogant idiots! :mad:

Yes, it can wear you down with disgust. I stay calm and start asking them a lot of questions- after awhile they want to leave. All they know is to attack because they don't have a leg to stand on.

A good book from Ray Comfort is that "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". Its questions and answers he gives to athiests-its helpful.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Feel free to email me as I have talked to many athiests if have questions. Maybe make yahoo news, etc. your mission field.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why are you taking it so personally if someone "attacks" or "denounces" God? If God is truly Holy - and I believe that He is - He will prove Himself. He doesn't need our help to prove His case for existence.

I'm sorry you've been personally attacked, but perhaps the answer is to simply not go to these places and pick fights about the existence of God. My purpose is not to blame you for the actions of others but simply to offer you a practical solution to your problem.
Ringo

Reactions: IC_coffie
Upvote 0

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is written 'vengence is mine, saith the Lord, I will repay'.

We are free to love our enemies as God takes care of the Judgement.

Yea, youtube comments make me sad. I just come here now, as I try to distance myself from the people that are so easy to upset with faith.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's only small niches like CF that Christians or other faiths may congregate.

Don't go celebrating just yet: you're long-awaited gestapo hasn't arrived ^_^

In all my time on the internet I've never once met one faithful person.

Obviously, you wouldn't be able to recognize a "faithful person." Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Upvote 0
P

Paine

Just poking my head in to say hello. I'm also going to disagree with my fellow (un)believer; the Internet is mostly theist, and in the United States, mostly Christian, just like the general population. The atheists here are just more vocal because

a) Everyone's more vocal on the Internet, where no one can punch you in the face for being a total jerk and

b) They don't have the (sometimes quite daunting) consequences they would face if they voiced criticism of religion in the "real world". The vast majority of us, at least in the United States, have religious family and are surrounded by Christians. Only the most foolhardy of us ever voice our belief (well, our lack thereof) in person. There are almost certainly more of us than you think, including among your acquaintances. And many atheists continue to masquerade as believers for practical reasons for many years after their deconversion, or even for life. I find this a bit cowardly, but I absolutely understand the reasons behind it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chiah

Nov 23, 2010
✟7,632.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Maybe it is us as Christians that have caused this dislike for God in such a way. 'Love one another as I have loved you' if we did that the whole world would be Christian.

If they do it out of hate remember they hated Jesus first!

I wouldn't be angry, they need forgiveness as they don't know what they are doing. Forgive and love then they might start seeing Christ, thats all we can do even to death.

In Christ

Upvote 0

Jensghost

Dec 12, 2010
Close to Jesus
✟782.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Yes, and there's nothing wrong with having passion. Jesus got angry and turned over tables. God gets angry.

Most people stuff it down and say "oh well" but it's the one's who stand up and do something or say something that are doing what is right.

Those who deny Christ and think, "oh, I can't say anything because other people might not like me" are not the type of people God wants in His Kingdom. God wants people, like you, who are "all in" and will never deny Him.

Upvote 0

DerSchweik

Spend time in His Word - every day
Aug 31, 2007
Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not sure if you're going to be back to read this, but it's probably good for all of us to be reminded of regardless - I would strongly urge revisiting the beatitudes - Jesus' first sermon:

Blessed are the poor in spirit - poverty of spirit is the critical FIRST STEP to coming to God, realizing we bring absolutely nothing to the table in a relationship with Him. Having realized that,

Blessed are those who mourn - mourning over sin in one's own life and in the life of others. Having realized that,

Blessed are the meek - in greek this is synonymous with tame - it was once said of horses that to "meek a horse" was to tame it such that its great power could be controlled and put to use by its rider. Being thus under His control,

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness - do you see the progression here? Poverty of spirit, mourning one's sin, tamed to His will, followed by a longing to be right with Him. Being thus blessed,

Blessed are the merciful - the forgivers. If we cannot forgive others, neither will He forgive us. Having forgiven,

Blessed are the pure in heart - transparent, without guile, it is the pure in heart who will SEE GOD. Having 'seen Him',

Blessed are the peacemakers - when once we were separate from God, we were enemies of God by virtue of our enmity for Him (Rom 5:10, etc.). Having 'seen Him' we are of a heart and mind to reconcile others to Him as we were reconciled to Him ourselves,

Blessed are the persecuted - blessed are you when men cast insults at you, revile you for the sake of righteousness - for yours is the kingdom of God.

Do you see the progression? Poor in spirit --> Mourning over sin --> Meek, tamed to His will --> Forgiving, merciful --> Pure in heart --> Reconciling others to Him --> PERSECUTION

Never forget:
For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH; and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. (I Peter 2:21ff)
Persecution (suffering) was His purpose - for BY HIS WOUNDS WE WERE HEALED - and that is our purpose as well; for who knows that He won't change the heart of someone who sees our righteous response to the things we suffer and point them to Christ's suffering on their behalf too?

In Him,

Upvote 0

rsduncan

Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
✟10,402.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
this is to the OP, instead of being angry take a closer look at Christianity history. Christians are not pretty roses and angels as you suspect it is? Christianity has been the result of many wars and conflict! Remember the Christian Crusades. A lot of Bloodshed was spill. So Atheist have valid reasons not to believe in your faith or religion. Now look at yourself and see you are getting angry. If you proclaim truth then why does it make you angry?

My advice to you is read your history and learn different religions and learn what atheists believe and why, that you will be better equipped to respond. See most atheists know what you are going to say before you even speak it because you have been program to speak that way. Some times your anger can come from lack of knowledge!

This is coming from a ex Atheist and believe me I know a lot. I study a lot of different views. We all are human after all and we will make mistakes! So getting Angry is not going to help is it, it will just prove Atheists were right about the Angry little Christian boy! This is no joke either. You need to know what you are talking about before you confront an Atheist because they know scriptures as well as you do. Study yourself approve.

And some advice to others don't view them as the enemy because we are all lost at one point or another.

Thank you for your perspective. I agree. I wish I had stopped here first instead of going straight the the "Morals and Ethics" forum.

I hate what atheists are doing and my impulse is to fight. I am clearly not the believer I should be.

I am going to take a break from that forum and come to places like these and get fed...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.