Show me someone who claims to not willfully sin and I’ll show you a willful liar.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Frankly, I'm finding that I'm becoming a little - short - with people that seem to be hell bent on finding a way to interpret what I say in a way that they can somehow disagree with and then go on a scripture spamming rant.

And no, I'm not talking about you. ;)

Scripture spamming rant? Wow. Is that what you think happens when a brother seeks to share Scripture with another brother? Jesus says, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word of God that proceeds out of his mouth.

Note: I would include these words of Jesus to include writing out God's Word to people, as well. For writing is just another form of speaking.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, there's no foul language.

That's not what I asked.
I strive to avoid secular movies, videos, music, etc.
For 1 John 2:15-17 says love not the world and neither the things in the world.
For there is a huge difference in the way that the world thinks vs. the way that God thinks.

You said:
And yes, the verses you brought forth stand. Any verse brought forth from the bible stands. :)

Please explain to me how you think that the points I made with Luke 15:11-32 and Matthew 8:12 does not apply to your analogy.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Swing and a miss!

Okay. That really doesn't mean anything by saying that. Please show me in Scripture where you think the eldest brother sinned. In other words, please give me the exact words that makes it clear that he sinned.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Frankly, I'm finding that I'm becoming a little - short - with people that seem to be hell bent on finding a way to interpret what I say in a way that they can somehow disagree with and then go on a scripture spamming rant.

And no, I'm not talking about you. ;)
Just Pharisees doing Pharisee things. ;)

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture spamming rant? Wow. Is that what you think happens when a brother seeks to share Scripture with another brother?
No. that's what happens when I see one person seems to have the time to post page after page of scripture with which we are all familiar to "proove" his particular pet point, and then try to add context to other people's posts in a way, very similar to the strawman argument, to find something to disagree about and then argue with more spam.

That pretty much sums it up from my personal perspective. Again, YMMV.

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. that's what happens when I see one person seems to have the time to post page after page of scripture with which we are all familiar to "proove" his particular pet point, and then try to add context to other people's posts in a way, very similar to the strawman argument, to find something to disagree about and then argue with more spam.

That pretty much sums it up from my personal perspective. Again, YMMV.

I have been involved in Christian Forum discussions a long time. Spam on a forum is when a new poster comes to visit and they just spam the forum with content they want to promote so that they can gain something (attention or money). Usually these messages are inappropriate.

Definition of spam:

Unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as e-mails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places
Source:
Definition of SPAM

So you are falsely accusing me of something. For it does not fit the standard definition of what spam actually is.

I am here to preach God's Word because I am commanded to love God and love other people. You may not believe that, but that it true never the less.

Anyways, again please explain to me how your analogy does not line up with Luke 15:11-32 and Matthew 8:12.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Let me ask you. How can a dead faith access the saving grace of God that is a free gift? James says faith without works is dead. Oh, and you are right. Obedience to Christ's commandments is love. For Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15). Is loving Jesus by keeping His commandments a salvation issue? I would say yes because Paul says if any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ let him be Anathema (accursed) (1 Corinthians 16:22).

Anyways, while Jesus is our hope, and James mentions Jesus, that does not mean James had mentioned love, faith, hope in the same way that Paul did in 1 Corinthians 13. Unless of course you would like to show me where in the epistles of James such words exist in the same way. For Paul says, "And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13). James does not say anything like this. Please show me where James says these words. Give me exact verses numbers and show me the exact words please.

As for James 2:13:

You are taking this verse out of context. The New Living Translation clears up some of the confusion here for you.

"There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you."
(James 2:13) (NLT).​

This fits within the context of James talking about having respect of persons among the brethren. Yet, you want it to be about something else to fit your belief.

Tri-une...

We are in The Son. The Son is in the Father.

Junior and Daddy are ONE. If you’ve seen ONE... you’ve seen the other.

It ain’t that way with us.

The Perfect declared wretches perfect and accepted the shame of our wretchedness.

We Wretches are “Declared” as He... But...

We ain’t on God’s Program.

We have Christ’s Law...

One Law to be exact...

Love without judgment as He did.

Christ’s Law and God’s Law are different... or Paul wouldn’t have said... 1 Corinthians 9:21

I can’t stop you from the idea that saying “I will be like the Almighty” is “Okay”. But... I know where Isaiah 14:14 is and I “know” my place.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been involved in Christian Forum discussions a long time. Spam on a forum is when a new poster comes to visit and they just spam the forum with content they want to promote so that they can gain something (attention or money). Usually these messages are inappropriate.

Definition of spam:

Unsolicited usually commercial messages (such as e-mails, text messages, or Internet postings) sent to a large number of recipients or posted in a large number of places
Source:
Definition of SPAM

So you are falsely accusing me of something. For it does not fit the standard definition of what spam actually is.

I am here to preach God's Word because I am commanded to love God and love other people. You may not believe that, but that it true never the less.

Anyways, again please explain to me how your analogy does not line up with Luke 15:11-32 and Matthew 8:12.

Sooooo... Are you saying hugging it out and agreeing to disagree is out of the question?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can’t stop you from the idea that saying “I will be like the Almighty” is “Okay”. But... I know where Isaiah 14:14 is and I “know” my place.

Okay, this is just a false accusation. Nowhere did I state the words, "I will be like the Almighty." I am human being and I do not believe that humans can change themselves into becoming divine beings (like Mormons believe). Only God is divine alone. However, we can submit to God and He can help us to walk uprightly (By allowing Him to work through us). In other words, we can be holy in conduct. How so? Have you ever heard of the passage that says,

14 "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."
(1 Peter 1:14-16).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The truth of the matter is the carnal exaltation teaching doesn’t originate from God and it is the bane of Modern Christianity. It’s never been about us!

This is HIS show and we are blessed to have free will and be Loved... as we are.

The “Be ye perfect” means Isaiah 14:14 crowd discourage and expect people to live up to standards they even can’t meet.

Sorry to say it... but there’s a “You people” here and I do believe this OP has ruffled those feathers.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, this is just a false accusation. Nowhere did I state the words, "I will be like the Almighty." I am human being and I do not believe that humans can change themselves into becoming divine beings (like Mormons believe). Only God is divine alone. However, we can submit to God and He can help us to walk uprightly (By allowing Him to work through us). In other words, we can be holy in conduct. How so? Have you ever heard of the passage that says,

14 "As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."
(1 Peter 1:14-16).

It’s a cloak... not a new body yet. We have a promise that we await! You are jumping the gun and turning people to Self! Drive out the Slave Woman!

Sinai means Sin! Figure it out!

You’re missing that Jesus came not to judge, but to LOVE!

You aren’t “Holy” as He in your flesh and to be blunt... you destroy what Jesus accomplished every time you push your hyper Law keeping on others and dress it up as the New Wine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sooooo... Are you saying hugging it out and agreeing to disagree is out of the question?

It is written....

Prov. 27:5 "Open rebuke is better than secret love.
Prov. 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But deceitful are the kisses of an enemy."

(Proverbs 27:5-6).

Side Note:

Please take note that I am not calling you my enemy or anything like that. The point here is that brothers should seek to correct each other as a show that they love each other. Hugging it out and getting all feely can be good at times, but we should not do at the expense of not preaching the truth of God's Word (Whereby the souls of men are on the line).

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is written....

Side Note:

Please take note that I am not calling you my enemy or anything like that. The point here is that brothers should seek to correct each other as a show that they love each other.

Love is acknowledging your own beam and understanding that God Died for imperfect us.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It is written....

Side Note:

Please take note that I am not calling you my enemy or anything like that. The point here is that brothers should seek to correct each other as a show that they love each other. Hugging it out and getting all feely can be good at times, but we should not do at the expense of not preaching the truth of God's Word (Whereby the souls of men are on the line).

Have you ever had to witness to a young man that grew up into crime and was cast out?

Or.... a woman who was raped at 11 by her father and became a prostitute by 15?

Do you think your message would help them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It’s a cloak... not a new body yet. We have a promise that we await! You are jumping the gun and turning people to Self! Drive out the Slave Woman!

Sinai means Sin! Figure it out!

You’re missing that Jesus came not to judge, but to LOVE!

You aren’t “Holy” as He in your flesh and to be blunt... you destroy what Jesus accomplished every time you push your hyper Law keeping on others and dress it up as the New Wine.

When Jesus said He came not to judge, He was talking about His mission in going to the cross. Nowhere does Jesus say that judgment will not come to those who sin. Jesus told two people to "sin no more." (See John 5:14 and John 8:11). Jesus will return at His second coming to bring Judgment upon those nations that come up against Him. Jesus will judge every man of his sin.

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." (John 12:48).

Which words of Jesus can judge a person on the last day?

Well, His words like the following (can judge a person and condemn them):

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." (Matthew 5:28-30).

"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Matthew 6:15).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The truth of the matter is the carnal exaltation teaching doesn’t originate from God and it is the bane of Modern Christianity. It’s never been about us!

This is HIS show and we are blessed to have free will and be Loved... as we are.

The “Be ye perfect” means Isaiah 14:14 crowd discourage and expect people to live up to standards they even can’t meet.

Sorry to say it... but there’s a “You people” here and I do believe this OP has ruffled those feathers.

No, that is simply not true. Jesus says be ye perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect.
Please read Matthew 5.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He who has been forgiven much loves much. He who has been forgiven little loves little.

Well, loving a lot (because one is forgiven much) is equated with taking action. It's why Mary anointed Jesus's feet with her tears for what appeared to be for a good amount of time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, that is simply not true. Jesus says be ye perfect as the Heavenly Father is perfect.
Please read Matthew 5.

Pulling my hair out now...

Read Isaiah 14:14!

Something ain’t adding up with your ideas!

Upvote 0