Show me someone who claims to not willfully sin and I’ll show you a willful liar.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words, scripture doesn't support your claim so you change it to say what you want it to say. The word of God is absolute...

Making generalized statements of opinion does not prove anything. You need to explain the verses I put forth are not saying what I think they say. You need to explain that your view is correct with the verses I put forth by showing more context. But I am not expecting you to do that (Because the verses really do not support what you are saying here).

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to explain the verses I put forth are not saying what I think they say.
No one needs to waste their time proving to you that a tomato isn't a suspension bridge. So, um...
giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like to use this analogy:
The teaching of, oh, say Islam (or Christian legalists) is a boy who's dad is "Mohamed". The boy's name is Frank.

The teaching of Christianity is a boy who's father is Jesus, and his name is John.

Frank's dad tells him to clean up his room.
John's dad tells him to clean up his room.

Frank may or may not love or hate his dad, but he wants his inheritance - so he cleans up his room..

John may choose to clean up his room, or he may choose not to. But he knows the inheritance is his regardless of what he does. He chooses to clean up his room because he loves his father and wants to please him. However, there may be times when he selfishly refuses, but he is still his father's son and he knows he is loved. And further, he knows that he was wrong and repents. But everything he does is out of love and acknowledgement of his Father's love for him.

I choose to be John.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one needs to waste their time proving to you that a tomato isn't a suspension bridge. So, um...

Yet, the Bible says,

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

You said:
[worldly image.]

It is written...

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." (1 John 2:15-17).

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" (2 Corinthians 10:5).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like to use this analogy:
The teaching of, oh, say Islam (or Christian legalists) is a boy who's dad is "Mohamed". The boy's name is Frank.

The teaching of Christianity is a boy who's father is Jesus, and his name is John.

Frank's dad tells him to clean up his room.
John's dad tells him to clean up his room.

Frank may or may not love or hate his dad, but he wants his inheritance - so he cleans up his room..

John may choose to clean up his room, or he may choose not to. But he knows the inheritance is his regardless of what he does. He chooses to clean up his room because he loves his father and wants to please him. However, there may be times when he selfishly refuses, but he is still his father's son and he knows he is loved. And further, he knows that he was wrong and repents. But everything he does is out of love and acknowledgement of his Father's love for him.

I choose to be John.

In the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32), the father did not come after the son who went prodigal and when the son returned home, the father said that his son was "dead" (past tense) and that he is "alive again."

This parable is speaking in spiritual terms (of course). The son was dead spiritually when he was living in sin away from the father and he became spiritually alive again when the son decided to come back home and was willing to repent (seek forgiveness) before his father and before all of heaven.

For the Scriptures say that the children of the Kingdom will be cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth (See Matthew 8:12). Children imply that they are sons. But their fate is not going to be a happy one.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the Parable of the Prodigal Son, the father did not come after the son who went prodigal and when the son returned home, the father said that his son was "dead" (past tense) and that he is "alive again."

This parable is speaking in spiritual terms (of course). The son was dead spiritually when he was living in sin away from the father and he became spiritually alive again when the son decided to come back home and was willing to repent (seek forgiveness) before his father and before all of heaven.

For the Scriptures say that the children of the Kingdom will be cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth (See Matthew 8:12). Children imply that they are sons. But their fate is not going to be a happy one.
You are going way outside the scope of the point I'm making in my analogy.

I still want to be John and not Frank. YMMV.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him." Proverbs 26:4

Thank you for insulting me.
I will rejoice in God in my Savior.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are going way outside the scope of the point I'm making in my analogy.

I still want to be John and not Frank. YMMV.

But Scripture is king over your analogy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is. But the scripture you posted is not within the scope of what I was talking about.

How so? It sounds like you are implying that a son is always guaranteed an inheritance (Heaven or God's Kingdom) regardless of what they do. However, the truths within the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) and Matthew 8:12 refutes the kind of thinking that a son is guaranteed to enter God's Kingdom regardless of what they do.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How so? It sounds like you are implying that a son is always guaranteed an inheritance (Heaven) regardless of what they do. However, the truths within the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32) and Matthew 8:12 refutes this kind of thinking you are having here, though.
Nope. A son is guaranteed an inheritance until he isn't. The bible is pretty clear about what it takes to lose your inheritance. I don't need to go into it here.

And this isn't me either:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope. A son is guaranteed an inheritance until he isn't. The bible is pretty clear about what it takes to lose your inheritance. I don't need to go into it here.

And this isn't me either:

Not true. Sin guarantees that one will not inherit the Kingdom of God. For Paul says,

19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).

John says in Revelation 21:8 that all liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire. John says "all" liars. John does not mention another group of liars (like believing liars) who will miss out on the Lake of Fire. So you are sadly mistaken.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Exactly. In the parable of the prodigal son, we see toward the end that the older son also sins against his father, but nowhere in the parable does the father strip the oldest son's inheritance from him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not true. Sin guarantees that one will not inherit the Kingdom of God. For Paul says,

19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).

John says in Revelation 21:8 that all liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire. John says "all" liars. John does not mention another group of liars (like believing liars) who will miss out on the Lake of Fire. So you are sadly mistaken.
At this point, I invoke the video I posted.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly. In the parable of the prodigal son, we see toward the end that the older son also sins against his father, but nowhere in the parable does the father strip the oldest son's inheritance from him.
Frankly, I'm finding that I'm becoming a little - short - with people that seem to be hell bent on finding a way to interpret what I say in a way that they can somehow disagree with and then go on a scripture spamming rant.

And no, I'm not talking about you. ;)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nowhere does it say in the parable that the eldest son had sinned. The eldest son merely wanted to know what was going on and he felt he was not being treated fairly. But the father explained to him that his brother was once lost and now he is found. Sounds to me like he was spiritually lost and he is found spiritually again.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At this point, I invoke the video I posted.

Is it a Christian video?
Also, the verses I brought forth in Scripture stand, unless of course you can explain otherwise.

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it a Christian video?
Also, the verses I brought forth in Scripture stand, unless of course you can explain otherwise.
Well, there's no foul language.

And yes, the verses you brought forth stand. Any verse brought forth from the bible stands. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0