Show me someone who claims to not willfully sin and I’ll show you a willful liar.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We should not just give up on the struggle with sin though, right...? Not try or put in any effort... But, it's not supposed to be self-willed...?

Daddy has the wheel. We be we and He remains He. The Comfortor works within. That’s all His work.

We surrender and fail and He comforts, renews, teaches, lovingly chastises and shapes our very souls.

He’s a much better Potter than we are.

:D

It’s all His craftsmanship and not a drop of any of the light that shines from within our broken vessels is ours.

All Love to you Friend in Him.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We should not just give up on the struggle with sin though, right...? Not try or put in any effort... But, it's not supposed to be self-willed...?
Fair enough...

This is all becoming repetitive for me and I may not have asked you that... but that’s the whole bottom line.

We aren’t the Savior or co-Savior...

We fail... He doesn’t.

It’s... that simple.

So you accused me of something I didn't do, and used it as something false to throw back at me, and all as defense for something you didn't do as in answer my questions.

That's another really bad sign, and still no answer to my questions, yet you pose a couple more up there...the premise being, you can ask, and I cannot.

See how fouled up that all is? I see no sense in continuing since you clearly cannot back up your end of this.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you accused me of something I didn't do, and used it as something false to throw back at me, and all as defense for something you didn't do as in answer my questions.

That's another really bad sign, and still no answer to my questions, yet you pose a couple more up there...the premise being, you can ask, and I cannot.

See how fouled up that all is? I see no sense in continuing since you clearly cannot back up your end of this.

I acknowledged my error. I said fair enough.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

I suppose you wouldn’t be willing to answer the initial question... Do you still have sin you repent of?

I acknowledge it’s my first time asking.

I’ll even tell you that I do.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose you wouldn’t be willing to answer the initial question... Do you still have sin you repent of?

I acknowledge it’s my first time asking.

I’ll even tell you that I do.

I have no problem with answering, however, I don't think it's fair one side gets answers and the other does not, just as you expect, and one reason I gave up here.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have no problem with answering, however, I don't think it's fair one side gets answers and the other does not, just as you expect, and one reason I gave up here.

So... you do have a problem answering?

I’m conversing on a personal level and not hiding behind lofty scripture debate.

It’s an easy question... are you sure you want to utilize “deflection”?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So... you do have a problem answering?

I’m conversing on a personal level and not hiding behind lofty scripture debate.

It’s an easy question... are you sure you want to utilize “deflection”?

You aren't listening. I just explained the problem, and gave a fair/reasonable expatiation, as reason, yet you accuse me again. So no, it's none of what you just claimed. Those are more false accusations, but it would make perfect sense, you would not have any problem making false accusations, or doing whatever low thing to make a false point..

People say a lot in the way they carry themselves.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You aren't listening. I just explained the problem, and gave a fair/reasonable expatiation, as reason, yet you accuse me again. So no, it's none of what you just claimed. Those are more false accusations, but it would make perfect sense, you would not have any problem making false accusations, or doing whatever low thing to make a false point..

People say a lot in the way they carry themselves.

Deflection it is.

So you do still sin, but want to argue against the OP.

Got it.

Upvote 0

harko

Nov 15, 2017
liverpool
✟37,473.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No...I was a willful sinner, until I died...Then I was born again, now I am the righteousness of God in the Anointed One and His anointing..
Never forget the context of what you are reading.
When you say you died! Am I right in saying your old nature died / your ego etc? And being born again is the resulted new being you are? Can someone answer? I am still learning!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Response to:
No...I was a willful sinner, until I died..

False. There is the born again from above redemptive spiritual event called salvation in which there is spiritual change. BUT the old man’s sin nature lives on and battles daily with the new creature in Christ + The permanently
Indwelling God the Holy Spirit .

Romans 7

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Conflict of Two Natures...Romans 7

14 For we know that the (Mosaic) Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand;

for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.

17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh;

for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?

25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Deliverance from Bondage....Romans 8

1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

• Winner
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Show me someone who claims to have overcome Willful sin in this body of death... and I will show you a willful liar.

1 John 1:8

1 John 2:2 is the ONLY solution!

We are all willful sinners!!!

You are right about 1 John 1:8. They are not saved and lie if they say they are without sin for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. That has been the case since Adam. If you read in context, the next verse shows them how to become saved. But Jesus was manifested to take away our sin, and in Him there IS NO SIN.

Now if you believe John is teaching an impossibility, then you are calling him a liar. 1 John 3:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Deliverance from Bondage....Romans 8

1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Yes, Ron, you've shown in two posts the before and after coming to Jesus Christ. But you forgot the last verse. 9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Unfortunately, there are many in the Church that say it is impossible to not willfully sin based on their own experience, and verse 9 says why.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Children of God: Position vs. Practice

...1 John 3

3 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us,that we would be called children of God; and such we are.
For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
3 And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
4 Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
5 You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
6 No one who ABIDES in Him sins;
no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.
7 Little children, make sure no one deceives you
the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
8 the one who practices sin is of the devil;
for the devil has sinned from the beginning.
The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious:
anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God,
nor the one who does not love his brother.

• Winner
Upvote 0