Team forfeits after girls basketball player allegedly hurt in play with male who identifies as female

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Literal manhandling. Biological boys/men don't belong on girls/women's sports teams.
Totally uncalled for.

It's like the two of you just don't know what "roughhousing" or "manhandling" is. Even if you want to blame this whole incident on the presence of the "oversized transgirl", it still wasn't roughhousing or manhandling. The larger player did not "handle" the smaller player at all. Contact was initiated by the smaller player on the ball held by the larger player. That is BASKETBALL. If you want some "roughhousing" then look for some players gather in a huddle or other place pushing and shoving each other for amusement (or not so amuse). That wasn't this. If you want manhandling then go find someone deliberately shoving or pushing someone around or grabbing them and moving them. That didn't happen here either.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Make all wrestling matches male vs female and see what percentage of females win. It won’t be a big number.

Other than their aren't many girls trained to wrestle or participating in the sport, why would that be? Are 106-lb boys just better at wrestling than 106-lb girls?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It proved one point. That a woman does not have to be stronger than a man in order to beat them in a sport. That is what I refuted to a different poster making the claim that women are weaker than men.
How do you know this particular girl is not stronger than the boys she is wrestling? And what’s true about wrestling doesn’t necessarily apply to all other sports.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I said it already: "it was not just 'some wrestling matches', but a state championship."

Nor is it just 'one girl'.

No fluke: Maine girl beats boys to win 2nd straight state wrestling title

You're either really missing the point, or this is an intentional anecdotal red herring.

I'm a believer in personal freedom, so if any lady in the world wants to box the current male heavyweight world champion boxer, I say fine, as long as she's a mentally competent consenting adult. I wouldn't want to watch it, because I'm disgusted by the thought of a man punching a woman, but who am I to say she can't step in the ring if she wants to?

The point here is, females are being forced to compete against males when they don't want to, because they, unlike you guys who lack common sense and knowledge of science, know that they are at a disadvantage. It's just basic unfairness.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It proved one point. That a woman does not have to be stronger than a man in order to beat them in a sport. That is what I refuted to a different poster making the claim that women are weaker than men.
It's not me making a claim, it's science. I presume you have the internet at your fingertips. Look it up.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's like the two of you just don't know what "roughhousing" or "manhandling" is. Even if you want to blame this whole incident on the presence of the "oversized transgirl", it still wasn't roughhousing or manhandling. The larger player did not "handle" the smaller player at all. Contact was initiated by the smaller player on the ball held by the larger player. That is BASKETBALL. If you want some "roughhousing" then look for some players gather in a huddle or other place pushing and shoving each other for amusement (or not so amuse). That wasn't this. If you want manhandling then go find someone deliberately shoving or pushing someone around or grabbing them and moving them. That didn't happen here either.
Obviously not everyone agrees the rationalizing and trivializing of these situations.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have nothing against female competition with male, nature will determine the outcomes as long as some sort of safety is observed. This begs the question that why do not non natural females advance the cause of female competition and compete against natural males? If they get hurt will there be many saying that the competition is too intense?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Other than their aren't many girls trained to wrestle or participating in the sport, why would that be? Are 106-lb boys just better at wrestling than 106-lb girls?
Yes, males are more powerful than females.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have nothing against female competition with male, nature will determine the outcomes as long as some sort of safety is observed. This begs the question that why do not non natural females advance the cause of female competition and compete against natural males? If they get hurt will there be many saying that the competition is too intense?
Good point. If some biological females are able to compete against biological males and our liberal friends seem to want to bring attention to it, then it stands to reason that males who identify as females are perfectly capable of competing against males. Problem solved

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that men and women can compete together all day in any sport they desire, transgendered or not. They are just sports. People are hurt doing sports every day, it is all part of sports.

People are way too uptight.
People who say "it's just sports" can easily have that opinion.

I'm not a huge sports fan. But I understand that for athletes who have spent a great part of their lives to excel in sports, "it's just sports" is an expression of disdain.

And that goes both ways. I can deny participation to a transsexual and say, "It's just sports" as I turn them away. Moreover, it's the lesser of two evils simply to turn away the transsexuals because they are a miniscule percentage.

Why should we care that transsexuals aren't allowed to participate? It's just sports, after all. Disdain goes both ways.

• Winner
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This begs the question that why do not non natural females advance the cause of female competition and compete against natural males? If they get hurt will there be many saying that the competition is too intense?
That's exactly what they'll say. That's what they say for military training. Tone it down so that females can do as well as males!

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's exactly what they'll say. That's what they say for military training. Tone it down so that females can do as well as males!
Yes but he was saying why don’t males who identify as females advance the cause and compete against males. If females can compete against males (as our liberal friends are asserting) then surely males who identify as females can compete against males. Problem solved

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes but he was saying why don’t males who identify as females advance the cause and compete against males. If females can compete against males (as our liberal friends are asserting) then surely males who identify as females can compete against males. Problem solved
That is what I meant.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It proved one point. That a woman does not have to be stronger than a man in order to beat them in a sport.
I suppose that claim might be true in equestrian competition. Would you think the "transman" should be paired with a gelding, you know, to be fair?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, that too.

The transsexual stance on sports is illogical from multiple directions.

Upvote 0