Team forfeits after girls basketball player allegedly hurt in play with male who identifies as female

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet, if one of the cis women were to do a steroid cycle for 6 months to bring them up to the level of the transwoman, they'd get with an anti-doping suspension.
Is this true? How would a ciswoman doing a steroid cycle for 6 months compare to a transwomans hormone levels after being suppressed for a year?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
People who say "it's just sports" can easily have that opinion.

I'm not a huge sports fan. But I understand that for athletes who have spent a great part of their lives to excel in sports, "it's just sports" is an expression of disdain.

And that goes both ways. I can deny participation to a transsexual and say, "It's just sports" as I turn them away. Moreover, it's the lesser of two evils simply to turn away the transsexuals because they are a miniscule percentage.

Why should we care that transsexuals aren't allowed to participate? It's just sports, after all. Disdain goes both ways.
It is just sports. It is amazing people waste their time watching and the money is just disgusting.

It is just sports, and contributes nothing except for entertainment.

disdain all you want, it does not change the fact it is nothing more than entertainment and a way to take people's hard earned money and spend it on stupid merchandise, tickets and the sinful betting.

disdain.

If there is sports to be played, I say trans people can play too.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is just sports. It is amazing people waste their time watching and the money is just disgusting.

disdain all you want, it does not change the fact it is nothing more than entertainment and a way to take people's hard earned money and spend it on stupid merchandise, tickets and the sinful betting.

disdain.

No one is saying trans people can’t play, just that they should play with others who are the same sex they were when they were born.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this true? How would a ciswoman doing a steroid cycle for 6 months compare to a transwomans hormone levels after being suppressed for a year?
Yes, that is true. There is an African woman athlete with an abnormally high natural testosterone level who is required to take testosterone blockers to lower her level below that allowed for transwomen.

• Informative
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

disdain.

And it can be said "no trans people in sports except in their biological sex" with the same level of disdain for sports.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that is true. There is an African woman athlete with an abnormally high natural testosterone level who is required to take testosterone blockers to lower her level below that allowed for transwomen.
What are their respective levels?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually, research has been done on that, and as it turns out, a ciswoman doing a 6 month cycle of trenbolone would still be at a disadvantage in some aspects.

The study, published in Sports Medicine, found that while elite men are around 10-13% faster than elite women at running and swimming, the gap is between 29% and 52% when it comes to sports that generally rely more on muscle mass and explosive strength.

When transgender women suppress testosterone for 12 months, researchers found that the loss of lean body mass, muscle area and strength was only around 5%. Therefore, they say, “the muscular advantage enjoyed by transgender women is only minimally reduced when testosterone is suppressed” and “small compared to the baseline differences”.

The results are significant because under the current International Olympic Committee guidelines, transgender women are allowed to compete in female sports categories if they suppress their testosterone below 10 nmol/L for 12 months before and during competition.

Yet even when testosterone was suppressed to around 1 nmol/L it did not “remove the anthropometric and muscle mass/strength advantage in any significant way” – although the authors say the reduced cardiovascular performance may generate smaller retained advantage in endurance sports.

So if a biological male already enjoys an advantage that's between 29-52% in terms of what they're calling explosive strength, and a year of hormone suppression only reduces that advantage by 5% from baseline, that still leaves transwomen with a huge built-in advantage.

Other research would indicate, that for biological females, a 4 month steroid cycle (granted, not all "steroids" are the same, it's become a term to define any "performance enhancing drug") only increases muscle mass by 5-15% off what they'd expect to gain if doing it naturally.

People do need to look at this objectively. If Conor MacGregor took hormone suppressing drugs for 12 months (after going through male puberty and building muscle maturity as a man) because Conor decided that they're actually and woman and have been living a lie, Conor is still going to ragdoll the ciswomen in the same weight class.

The thing that makes the topic complex is the sympathy/sincerity factor. There are transwomen who, in their heart of hearts, identify as women, and people want to be sensitive to that. I get it... However, biology is what it is, and there has to be some balance between sympathy and pragmatism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Obviously not everyone agrees the rationalizing and trivializing of these situations.

I'm not rationalizing or trivializing it. It is a mole hill made into a mountain by the OP et al. Your latest tactic is to try to recharacterize the nature of the "violence" in this case. It was just a basketball move with some bad execution. No one tried to hurt anyone. No one was engaging harmful activity. Someone made a bad choice in defending the ball and got hurt. Nothing more. No "roughhouse", no "bullying", etc.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't have anything against a trans person wanting to use the bathroom of their choice, I'll even use a person's preferred pronouns (within reason -- I won't indulge people in new ones that were made up in 2017), but to pretend that there's no other considerations besides "feelings" is a misguided (albeit, well intentioned) position.
There is something seriously wrong when a biological male pretending to be a woman exposes his penis and testicles in a women's locker room while young women and underage girls are changing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

A girls basketball team kept beating the boys. The league called foul​

"
This winter, a 6th grade squad from Next Level Girls Basketball entered a city-wide basketball league run by Southwestern Ohio Basketball. At the end of the regular season, the team posted a 7-1 record and was preparing to fight for the year-end tournament title in February. But they soon found out they were banned from playing because of one glaring issue: the league was for boys.

A text from the league's president, Tom Sunderman, was sent to Next Level's Director Larry McGraw, informing him that his team's participation in the league presented a liability risk.

McGraw believes another factor may have been at play.
"

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A girls basketball team kept beating the boys. The league called foul​

"
This winter, a 6th grade squad from Next Level Girls Basketball entered a city-wide basketball league run by Southwestern Ohio Basketball. At the end of the regular season, the team posted a 7-1 record and was preparing to fight for the year-end tournament title in February. But they soon found out they were banned from playing because of one glaring issue: the league was for boys.

A text from the league's president, Tom Sunderman, was sent to Next Level's Director Larry McGraw, informing him that his team's participation in the league presented a liability risk.

McGraw believes another factor may have been at play.
"
""It happens all the time," Brown said, "There's this mythos that boys and men are innately always better than girls and women when it comes to sports.""

That's a rather horse manure statement, in that it's long well-known that sixth grade is about the time the boys' testostrone kicks in and things become very different afterward. Girls usually are competitive with boys up to that age. That's why girls have been playing Little League baseball for 40 years.

Upvote 0