Should Messianic Jews support Jerusalem Third Temple?

Should Messianic Jews and Messianic Gentile support Jerusalem Third Temple?

• Yes..... we must believe in every word of Ezekiel 40 - 48.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is our sacrifice.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I am not certain about this yet... I will research this further.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes.. but the timing must be perfect and both 2030 and 2070 could be the year?

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In Chapter 40, Ezekiel is transported in a vision from his home among the exiles in Babylon to Israel (not Heaven), where a divine messenger holding a measuring rod appears to him. The messenger gives Ezekiel a tour of the Temple, measuring the various walls, gates, and courts. At one point, the glory of the Lord, which was seen departing from the Temple in an earlier vision (Chap. 10), is seen returning to inhabit the Temple (43:1–4).

Is Ezekiel's Temple a (4th) Millennial Temple on earth inhabited by the Lord assuming a 3rd Temple is yet to be built before the Lord's return. This view, commonly held among dispensationalists, is that Ezekiel’s Temple will be established after the second coming of Messiah Yeshua. Ezekiel's "restored earth" Temple will serve as the worship center for all people during the “millennium.” Is it not possible that this Temple already exists in Heaven and will be transported/translated to a new earth when Messiah Yeshua returns.

Paul also mentions the Anti-Christ’s desecration of a (3rd) Temple when he describes him as the "man of sin and the son of perdition who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the 3rd Temple, showing himself that he is God" (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4).
I also am not convinced Paul spoke concerning a third temple either.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't think that I said he was the priest in Ezekiels Temple (or if I did it was a mistake of mine - on some cold meds... :) ). Ezekiel 42:13-14, 43:19.24-27, basically all of 44 and further in the book all identify the priests as Kohanim. I believe Ezekiel 1:26-28 are about Yeshua, but I do not believe Yeshua is the priest in Ezekiel's Temple, I believe he is the priest in the Heavenly Temple.
Lol, it was probably my misread of you. Sorry.

• Friendly
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟774,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Me either, though the idea is interesting. I referenced the KJV, NKJV, NIV, ESV and CJB. None say "third Temple" they simply say "temple". Though I do not read Greek well enough yet to reference it.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Me either, though the idea is interesting. I referenced the KJV, NKJV, NIV, ESV and CJB. None say "third Temple" they simply say "temple". Though I do not read Greek well enough yet to reference it.
Well, I think it could be something like the proclamations and the images minted on coins during the revolt of Simon ben Gioras, leading to the destruction of the temple, and then the latter exile from Jerusalem under bar kochba revolt.
Mt 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.

Mrk 12:15 Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.
16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar’s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not understand the significance of these two issues for you.
Neither of them have anything specific to do with what Jews did as a Church.. In other words these things had nothing to do with them being believers in Christ. Unbelievers were doing the same. Therefore what Jews did as believers was distinct from these things. As you yourself say,,,,As communion is.....
Well, at first, the church was indistinct from Judaism, the church was a sect of Judaism. But even when that was no longer the case, and the mainly Gentile churches had come into being, the Jewish believers continued offering sacrifices at the Temple, because... sorry I can't answer this and stay within the SOP. PM me if you wish.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, at first, the church was indistinct from Judaism, the church was a sect of Judaism.
Of course, the first believers were all Jew's. They were seen as another sect of the Jew's. Sectarian differences were apart from temple assembly.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟119,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a point of reference as is the Title of this thread ...

Should Messianic Jews support Jerusalem Third Temple?
This MJ Forums Statement Of Purpose states that ...
  • The books of the Bible (Genesis to Revelation) are ordained by G-d to be His word to us.
The Third Temple that you reference is not Ezekiel's Temple. The Third Temple is manmade; whereas Ezekiel's Temple is a manifestation on earth of what may represent the Heavenly Temple. Thus, as a point of reference Ezekiel's Temple is the Fourth Temple or better yet, the First and Last Temple on the new earth in the new Jerusalem. This most impressive Temple complex covering considerably more acres than presently exists on the Temple Mount isn't manifested until the Lord Messiah Yeshua returns to reign and rule for a Millennium in the new Jerusalem. So, one could contend that Ezekiel's Temple is a manifestation of the Heavenly Temple in the new Jerusalem in the new earth.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 (CJB)
1 But in connection with the coming of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah and our gathering together to meet him, we ask you, brothers,
2 not to be easily shaken in your thinking or anxious because of a spirit or a spoken message or a letter supposedly from us claiming that the Day of the Lord has already come.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Well, I think it could be something like the proclamations and the images minted on coins during the revolt of Simon ben Gioras, leading to the destruction of the temple, and then the latter exile from Jerusalem under bar kochba revolt.
Mt 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar’s. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and unto God the things that are God’s.

Mrk 12:15 Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see it.
16 And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar’s.
So... what is on the shekel?
300px-Half_Shekel.jpg
A silver Jerusalem shekel (ad 68) from the First Jewish Revolt against Roman rule. The obverse inscription reads "Shekel of Israel / Year 3" and that on the reverse "Jerusalem the Holy".

Why didn't Yeshua ask for the shekel?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So... what is on the shekel?
300px-Half_Shekel.jpg
A silver Jerusalem shekel (ad 68) from the First Jewish Revolt against Roman rule. The obverse inscription reads "Shekel of Israel / Year 3" and that on the reverse "Jerusalem the Holy".

Why didn't Yeshua ask for the shekel?
Here is a copy and paste from livius;
Comment: Bar Giora coins bore the legend "Redemption of Zion", indicating that there was a religious aspect to Simon's bid for power. This does not prove that he was considered the Messiah, but it is likely. The fact that he wore a royal robe in the Temple is another indication.

Also bar kochba coins....
Notice the star above the temple....Rabbi akiva named him son of a star, as he which was spoken of in the star prophecy concerning Messiah.... also notice the ark of the covenant inside the temple....over which the star rests.
Copy and paste from wiki

Bar Kochba silver Shekel/tetradrachm. Obverse: the Jewish Temple facade with the rising star, surrounded by "Shimon". Reverse: A lulav, the text reads: "to the freedom of Jerusalem".

Bar Kochba silver Zuz/denarius. Obverse: trumpets surrounded by "To the freedom of Jerusalem". Reverse: A lyre surrounded by "Year two to the freedom of Israel".
Bar Kokhba Revolt coinage were coins issued by Judean rebel state, headed by Simon Bar Kokhba,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, at first, the church was indistinct from Judaism, the church was a sect of Judaism. But even when that was no longer the case, and the mainly Gentile churches had come into being, the Jewish believers continued offering sacrifices at the Temple, because... sorry I can't answer this and stay within the SOP. PM me if you wish.
I am listening to a video right now that goes into detail on how the Orthodox community are asking President TRump about the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple.......
this is intriguing indeed......
I am attempting to start this at around the 57 minute mark where these comments begin.....

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This topic is highly relevant again considering all that has been happening in Israel.

Basically.... I believe that the world needs the fulfillment of Ezekiel chapter 47.......
and Zechariah 14... and I think that a rebuilt Jerusalem Third Temple come first......
and Zechariah 14 and Ezekiel 47 are fulfilled afterwards!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
This topic is highly relevant again considering all that has been happening in Israel.
I couldn't agree with you more Dennis. I think the world, especially the Arab world, is going to have to adjust to the fact that Jewish sacrifice will resume on the Temple Mount (It doesn't mean that the Mosque will go away).

BTW, I really love the Rav Nachman quote in your tagline. Na Nach Nachma Nachman Me'uman!

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I couldn't agree with you more Dennis. I think the world, especially the Arab world, is going to have to adjust to the fact that Jewish sacrifice will resume on the Temple Mount (It doesn't mean that the Mosque will go away).

BTW, I really love the Rav Nachman quote in your tagline. Na Nach Nachma Nachman Me'uman!
I am listening to a quite exceptional video right now......
from a Christian pastor who was shown that he had to go to Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wow.... I just have to quote in full this amazing message regarding the Jerusalem Third Temple.

I do not understand the world economy. I live half a year with my wife, half a year without a wife in a desolate place in the mountains. I have little money, but a lot of free time. The problem of global warming does not bother me, because every winter I freeze in my house, there are very cold winters. I read that they write about global warming, and I got the impression that there is no warming, it's all within the usual fluctuations of average temperature. It seems to me that some scientists thus work out their grants: it is convenient to receive money, adjusting to the general mood of politicians.

As for the issue of the construction of Ezekiel's Temple, everything here is quite simple.

Israel is considered a free state. Probably, in Israel they build not only synagogues, but also mosques, and maybe build new churches? If there is any religious group consisting of Israeli citizens - can they get the right to build a building to send their worship?

I read somewhere that there are at least 5,000 Messianic Jews in Israel. Can 5,000 Messianic Jews organize daily pickets around the Knesset?

In 1989, when there was perestroika in the USSR, only 1 candidate was nominated in the first election of deputies to the Congress of People's Deputies in the city district: the head of the regional party organization of the CPSU. And there were no opposition parties in the district. The Communists expected that their only candidate would be elected, because no one had resisted them for 70 years.

In those days I joined a very small group of the opposition, which was called "For the Popular Front." In the area where I lived, there were 300,000 voters. Suddenly, I got a call from my organization and was told that they appointed me coordinator of the whole district, and they gave me a list of 5 people who lived in this area and joined the organization almost simultaneously with me. Four people to the whole huge district of the big city, I was the fifth person.

It turned out that only two out of five have time to engage in agitation against the Communists and stand with posters near the metro station. Another one was able to print leaflets, on small scraps of paper. True, by the end of the first day, we had several assistants. And this lone picket made a huge impression on all the people who passed us. The first secretary of the regional committee of the CPSU, a candidate member of the Politburo, lost this election. Voters actively participated in the elections and were not too lazy to strike out the only candidate from their ballots.

You think you get permission from the Knesset for the construction of the Temple in the Judean desert is more difficult than to defeat the Communists in the Soviet Union? Remember the story of the pharaoh. This is the House of God, and this building is to gather God's people there. The authorities who will resist God will not stand.

So, today we have a problem only in ourselves. We do not have 5,000 Messianic Jews who want Jesus Christ's victory in the elections in Israel, we do not even have 5, as was the case in 1989 in Leningrad.

A few words about the devil. But the devil does not need a temple, because he is in power today. He can chuckle when Christians expect him to build a temple that will be a trap for him: the prophecies of Scripture leave him very little time after he is revealed in this world. But if Christians believe that they should not engage in Ezekiel's Temple, until the Antichrist appears, then let ... The devil is quite satisfied with this expectation from Christians. He will do nothing to build such a temple. Let them wait again and again, ad infinitum. And he will rule this world.

Gentlemen! Under no circumstances should you rely on the devil in your expectations: he is a liar.

Therefore, I will tell you how I would act if I were a citizen of Israel. I would stand with a poster in Jerusalem near the Knesset. I would have risen on the square to collect signatures for the construction of the Temple in accordance with the prophecy of Ezekiel. I would put a tent near the mountain, I would go up that mountain for prayer. I would sing there psalms and praise the Lord. And I'm sure: The temple would be built in the shortest possible time.

But I'm in Russia, I'm not an Israeli citizen, I burned my Russian passport. I am nobody. Therefore, judge for yourself, what could we do together in such a situation?

To read more on the Jerusalem Third Temple please notice post #36 here.... (also from ProtectionET)

Is a Jerusalem Third Temple needed before Zechariah 14 can happen?

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The temple will be built in order for the Antichrist to sit in it giving himself glory (even temporarily) before those disillusioned who will remain disillusioned

As for those who wake up, they will come out of her and not have a part in her sins

This is a reaping of those who were always a synagogue of Satan. Who think they are honoring GOD by turning their back against the MESSIAH and HIS work

And by their substituting other second hand temporal defiled sacrifices in place of THE ONE AND ONLY ACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE before the eyes of GOD in a temporal structure (made by the hands of temporal disillusioned men) that holds NO PROMISES!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Messianic jews will be the ones warming their disillusioned brothers. And messianic jews will be the ones killed because they will be seen by their disillusioned brothers as meddlers and interferers in their construction of the third temple in Jerusalem

Upvote 0