Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I gave up all sin and left my immoral relationship. I came to a church but who wants to sacrifice all things but me? Work so ALL money is for God and sheep. No family or material things or fun. 100% Jesus 100% of the time.

Upvote 0

Ing Bee

Son of Encouragement
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2018
East Bay
✟78,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I gave up all sin and left my immoral relationship. I came to a church but who wants to sacrifice all things but me? Work so ALL money is for God and sheep. No family or material things or fun. 100% Jesus 100% of the time.

Thanks for sharing that. You seem to have come from a really dark place. Isn't the Savior good? He reaches down into the pits we fall into and lifts us up.

When you have some time, think through some of my other questions. If you are going to follow Jesus 100% you need to understand what his perspective is.

For most people, following "the Way" of Jesus is to embody the life of God wherever you are: at your job, at school, in your neighborhood, etc. For example, since you have been forgiven, you now forgive when you've been wronged…even your enemies. Since you've been brought close to the Father through Jesus's death, you reach out to others on the fringes. Since Jesus humbled himself and served us, we humble ourselves, rejecting selfish ambition and vain conceit (Philippians 2:1-11).

The best thing you can do is to become part of a community of people who love Jesus, are committed to reading his word to hear his voice, and are committed to making disciples and growing as disciples. We are all growing and maturing, becoming more like Jesus. Because of that, no church is "issue-free", but our unity is based on the fact that we've all been rescued, not that we are all on the same page in our lives.

The worst thing you can do is to reject the people of God (whom he loves and through whom he works, collectively as well as individually) and either become a "lone ranger" Christian, or a church-hopper. Put down roots, get discipled by an elder, pastor or a mature brother in Christ, serve in and through the church community. Reading through your story, I can see that running away from Christian community is the direction that the Enemy of your soul wants to pull you. You need to learn from mature, faithful believers how to follow the Good Shepherd. Be humble. That's the way of Jesus. Rest in God's deep affection for you. You've been through an ordeal, but that is not an excuse to become critical or bitter.

God sees you through the perfection of Christ. It takes time and the work of the Holy Spirit through the washing of the Word to grow up into Christ. "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it to the day of Christ Jesus." He is fully committed to you:

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)
If (and when) people in your church family don't seem to be living in a Christ-focused way, remember Paul's words to Timothy:

" Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)
At the same time, all good gifts are from God and are to be enjoyed:

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer." (1 Timothy 4:1-5)

The Christian life isn't mystical or otherworldly, it is the expansion of God's rule (the Kingdom of Heaven) through our daily activities so that God's will is done "on Earth as it is in Heaven". Leaving behind job, family, neighborhoods, etc. to form a community is the exact opposite of what we are called to be: salt and light for the entire world.

Rest in what God has done, be in your Bible and get help from people in a local church that can help you grow.

Take Care-
IngBee

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
“I beseech you therefore, brothers [and sisters], by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man [and woman] that is among you, not to think of himself [or herself] more highly than he [or she] ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man [and woman] the measure of faith.” [Romans 12:1-3]

Consecration of Jonathan Edwards

(Good Daily Challenge)

“I claim no right to myself-- no right to this understanding, this will, these affections that are in me. Neither do I have any right to this body or its members-- no right to this tongue, to these hands, feet, ears, or eyes. I have given myself clear away and not retained anything of my own. I have been to God this morning and told Him that I have given myself wholly to Him. I have given every power, so that for the future I claim no right to myself in any respect. I have expressively promised Him, for by His grace I will not fail.

“I take Him as my whole portion and felicity [great happiness], the joys of Heaven, prosperity; looking upon nothing else as any part of my happiness. His Law is the constant rule of my obedience. I will fight with all my might against the world, the flesh, and the devil to the end of my life. I will adhere [stick] to the faith of the Gospel, however hazardous [or dangerous] and difficult the profession and practice of it may be. I receive the blessed Holy Spirit as my Teacher, Sanctifier, and the only Comforter, and cherish all monitions [cautions or warnings] to enlighten, purify, confirm, comfort, and assist me. This I have done.

“I pray God, for the sake of others, to look upon me as a self dedication and receive me as His own. Henceforth I am not to act in any respect as my own. I shall act as my own if I ever make use of any of my powers to do anything that is not to the glory of God, or to fail to make the glorifying of Him my whole and entire business. If I murmur in the least at afflictions, if I am in any way uncharitable, if I revenge my own case, if I do anything purely to please myself or omit anything because it is a great denial, if I trust to myself if I take any praise for any good which Christ does by me, or if I am in any way proud, I shall act as my own and not God's. Therefore, I purpose to be absolutely His.” [Emphases and definitions purposely added.]

Appropriate Scriptures: Psalm 103, l Corinthians 15:22-31, and 2 Corinthians 4

• Winner
Reactions: Sam81
Upvote 0

Sam81

Jesus is everything
Sep 12, 2016
Texas
✟27,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
2. Church to me is a place where Jesus is worshipped by people who love one another, live holy, and try and win souls. Church consists of two doors in my own view. The first leads to salvation and the second leads to discipleship. There is a door out of Egypt and a door to the promised land. There is a door into the temple and another to the holy of holies. Many are called but few chosen. The true door is discipleship.

3. Other Christians are nice and helpful but in my view the pastor is who matters. There is always a secondary, lesser element to headship. A disciple is like unto Moses, who takes what is given him and " brings it down" to the people. A pillar not only helps holds up the church, but stretchest from the highest to the lowest...in other words from the pastor to the least. What I receive from him I feed to the sheep.

4. A Christian must follow Jesus. That means being falling to the ground and dying to bear fruit. It means loving at a cost. Whether one plants or waters, begins or help finish, it must come at a cost. John 3:16 tells me that love pays the cost. No cost = no love. We must sacrifice all for the sheep.

5. The world is vanity. Marriage means nothing in the next world. Therefore it's a vanity. Too many children to raise up from among sinners (spiritually speaking) to wanna invest in a family. Need mobility for Jesus. Accountability only to Jesus. More food for sheep. Entertainment for self is a waste of time.

6. I don't want to lead. I want to serve and give my life and watch God raise up men at my expense.

Upvote 0