Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Another thing, my church believes in conditional election (Arminianism) whereas I am beginning to become convinced in the opposite (Calvanism). I cannot get around the words of Jesus - "Not my will, but your will be done." - as the very essence of Christian life. The words go deeper than mere concession. They are a proclamation of fact. A proclamation found only in the CHOSEN.

I used to adhere to a Calvinist perspective by default. Did so for many years, though I never felt entirely comfortable with all of the "mystery" and "divine inscrutabililty" to which Calvinists so often resort to cover the logical and Scriptural problems their perspective creates. Here's a website you might find helpful in shaping your soteriological views:

www.soteriology101.com

Reactions: Thir7ySev3n
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I felt the same way when I first truly accepted Christ. I wanted to do a lot for him and was slightly surprised when other Christian's around my age apparently didnt noticeably share that same zeal. I'd suggest you hold onto it, but also mature a bit more like other folks have stated. Examine your motives with a microscope. Its easy to confuse wanting to do all for Christ with the desire to make yourself better in order to earn His love or become his favorite. There's nothing wrong with growing where you are planted. There is always the need for Christ in our immediate vicinity wherever we go. Practice talking with those around you like family, friends, acquaintances, and don't forget strangers. Maybe get some bible tracts to start conversation. Here's a link to get free tracts delivered:

English Tracts – Fellowship Tract League Online Store

Your zeal is a good thing and you should not lose sight of it. However, allow it to grow and be shaped by Gods pruning in His good timing instead of our own forcive ideas of what that process should look like. Don't jump into rash life changing decisions like selling everything and quitting your job to be a street preacher, because that is not Gods plan for everyone

Upvote 0

Sam81

Jesus is everything
Sep 12, 2016
Texas
✟27,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just imagine though...

"Not my will, your will be done" when you repent and surrender. All your life as a Christian it's the same...

"Not my will, your will"
"Not my will, your will"
"Not my will, your will"

You finish the race.

Whose will was it?

Checkmate!

Not to make light...this is one point of disillusionment for me. I cant get around this. Plenty say Lord Lord but never do it. Its clear its a proclamation from where light was found in a person who heard the voice of HIM. A conception that was as much beyond your control as your earthly one. And as when you were born the first time, you were in a formless void of blackness. You didnt find thr light...it found you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Christ is the head of the church and we are His body. What sort of member would we be if we were to detach ourselves from it?
Colossians 3:12-16,
Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

But Jesus Christ is not the head of most Christian churches like Ephesians 4:11-16 indicates and He is not Lord of most who claim that He is their Salvation.
Ephesians 4:11-16

11 And He [Jesus Christ] gave some, Apostles; and some, Prophets;

and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 for the perfecting of the saints,

for the work of the ministry,

for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 till we all come in the unity of the faith,

and of the knowledge of The Son Of God,

unto a perfect man,

unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

14 that we henceforth be no more children,

tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine,

by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness,

whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 but speaking the truth in love,

may grow up into Him in all things,

Who is The Head, even Christ:

16 from Whom the whole body

fitly joined together and

compacted by that which every joint supplieth,

according to the effectual working

in the measure of every part,

maketh increase of the body

unto the edifying of itself in love.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have only been saved a couple of months but already I have become disillusioned with certain elements of every church! People want material things and no one wants to be 100% focusing on Jesus 100% of the time. I feel led to just buy a bus ticket to a certain city, a few clothes, only a few hundred bucks, and just go. Am I being led into foolishness? I wanna be far more sold out tham anything I see from anyone. I have a vision of commune style, Acts based, the world is pointless, live and preach Jesus constantly 24\7 type of Christianity. But who would dare join me - no one would listen! Am I being foolish?
When Israel was given the law, God told them to keep it on their heart. They were unable to do it Sam, they (like us) were (are) in a fallen state and though they could walk before God most of the time in a pleasing way, keeping His law on their hearts 24/7 was just not possible. That is why HE is going to do it as part of the new covenant. But the thing is, that work is not complete yet. When you read the prophecy (Jer. 31:31-34 and Heb. 8:8-11) it says that when the law is written on the mind and heart, all will know the Lord and we will no longer need to teach our brothers. But I ask you... are we to the point where we no longer have to teach? And, do ALL PEOPLE know the Lord? No on both counts... which means, the work of writing the law on the mind and hearts isn't complete. Perhaps it has started, but we can't say it is complete if we still have to teach and all don't know the Lord.

My point is... in the end, we are no different than the Israelites. We try, we desire... but walking the walk 24/7 in this fallen condition just isn't possible and is part of the reason why messiah gave his life for us.

Don't look for perfection in people or churches.... look for a heart for God, a heart for the poor, a heart for the widow and orphans, and a heart to learn. Find a place where those traits exist, and you will find a place you can minister through and make a difference.

I wish you the best.
Ken

Upvote 0

Sam81

Jesus is everything
Sep 12, 2016
Texas
✟27,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Ken. Thanx.

But I believe Holiness aka total sanctification aka perfection can be achieved in this life for those who die (to self) in faith. That means no more wilfull sin and 100% JESUS 100% souls 100% of the time

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But Jesus Christ is not the head of most Christian churches like Ephesians 4:11-16 indicates and He is not Lord of most who claim that He is their Salvation.
You are absolutely right. Jesus is going to condemn MANY that will cry out, "Lord, Lord!" on that day.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just imagine though...

"Not my will, your will be done" when you repent and surrender. All your life as a Christian it's the same...

"Not my will, your will"
"Not my will, your will"
"Not my will, your will"

You finish the race.

Whose will was it?

Checkmate!

Not to make light...this is one point of disillusionment for me. I cant get around this. Plenty say Lord Lord but never do it. Its clear its a proclamation from where light was found in a person who heard the voice of HIM. A conception that was as much beyond your control as your earthly one. And as when you were born the first time, you were in a formless void of blackness. You didnt find thr light...it found you.

Hey Sam,

I appreciate your fiery zeal, but you can't live your life with Christ in reaction to others. Before you make any decision, answer these three questions:

1. Is the church you are attending the one the Lord planted you in?
2. Doesn't the scripture tell us to submit to our elders?
3. Do these other Christians you perceive as backslidden have the Holy Spirit in them?

The church I attend isn't perfect and I don't agree with everything that goes on there but I know the Lord put me there. It was as much for others benefit as it was my own. Do you think you could be there for a reason bigger than what you're looking at?

Gods people are a blessing and a treasure in our lives. The Lord has brought more blessing into my life through His people than anything else. People are in various stages of maturity but they are all worthy of our love and respect. The Lord wants us to be deeply committed to fellowship and also to bear one anothers burdens.

Following Christ isn't about doing your own thing, it is about obeying the Master. You need to know His will. If He didn't tell you to go anywhere, then don't.

Can you get on fire about this command?

John 13:34

A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Do you know that loving difficult people is a job that requires a lot of that dying to yourself that you have been talking about? Do you know that the bait of Satan is to get you offended at other believers? I think you need to slow down and not make any rash decisions until you know the Lords will.

I am praying for you and I appreciate you brother. Humble yourself before the mighty hand of God and He will exalt you in the proper time.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey Ken. Thanx.

But I believe Holiness aka total sanctification aka perfection can be achieved in this life for those who die (to self) in faith. That means no more wilfull sin and 100% JESUS 100% souls 100% of the time
I am not talking about willful sin, that is rebellion and a Christian should never be in rebellion. I am simply talking about aiming at the target and missing.... not out of rebellion, but out of being fallen and not perfected yet. Paul was clear, at His coming (messiah's) will we be changed, made incorruptible. He isn't here yet, so we are still corruptible. But I do believe we can get close brother... the Holy Spirit in us will guide us to being as close as we can be until the day we are perfected.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

BibleloverBill

Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey Ken. Thanx.

Jesus Christ said in the Sermon of the Mount (Matthew 5:48) "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in Heaven is perfect." If you say or do something right after you have re-committed to living Proverbs 3:5-6 and Jude 20-23, then what you do or say will be perfect because it is being urged by the Holy Spirit. He is the perfect guide for each of us about what to say and do. He says what He hears (John 16:13) and Who does He hear. Mostly Jesus Christ Who experienced being a human, and so He knows the proper time we each need the divine Truths.

***Very Important Teachings and Commandments By Jesus Christ in ETRSF (7 pgs.) --
Box

My logical formatting and thought-provoking questions could help you learn faster. All free.
2-- My Bible Book study tools-- Box

3-- Word Studies-- Box

***My Best Bible study tools-- 1974-2018-- Box

List of free Bible Studies-- Box

introduction

The Door for Tools

God bless you, Sam, in the Sanctification Process. Christ-likeness will be the result.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BibleloverBill

Supporter
Oct 19, 2018
New Mexico
Visit site
✟82,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are absolutely right. Jesus is going to condemn MANY that will cry out, "Lord, Lord!" on that day.

That is why I am doing fulltime Internet ministry to give others the needed truths about what pleases God and what displeases God. Look at my ETRSFed free Bible study tools. You may have to open a free account in www.box.com to view and download. Then try the logical indent formatting yourself. I did it even for secular documents like the Declaration of Independence. I learn every time I do it.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟147,506.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I have only been saved a couple of months but already I have become disillusioned with certain elements of every church! People want material things and no one wants to be 100% focusing on Jesus 100% of the time. I feel led to just buy a bus ticket to a certain city, a few clothes, only a few hundred bucks, and just go. Am I being led into foolishness? I wanna be far more sold out tham anything I see from anyone. I have a vision of commune style, Acts based, the world is pointless, live and preach Jesus constantly 24\7 type of Christianity. But who would dare join me - no one would listen! Am I being foolish?
Join a Catholic monastery.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I can relate to you. I also feel weary by the ways of the world, too. But my call is a little different. I desire to also preach on the streets, but it is a carefully laid out plan that is a long term goal for me. I am currently working on two other projects at this time that I feel called to do now.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ is the head of the church and we are His body. What sort of member would we be if we were to detach ourselves from it?
Colossians 3:12-16,
Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
It's polluted by false doctrines though, and when the false doctrines prevent them from following Christ, they follow the antichrist instead (he's a catch-all counterfeit for the sons of disobedience: Ephesians 2:1-3, 1 John 2:22, Jude 1:12).

Therefore if OP is feeling disillusioned and he knows he can follow The Lord, let him follow Him and be led to find others who are on the right track.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's polluted by false doctrines though, and when the false doctrines prevent them from following Christ, they follow the antichrist instead (he's a catch-all counterfeit for the sons of disobedience: Ephesians 2:1-3, 1 John 2:22, Jude 1:12).

Therefore if OP is feeling disillusioned and he knows he can follow The Lord, let him follow Him and be led to find others who are on the right track.
Yes. Finding another assembly is preferred to a one way ticket out of the church altogether

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi, Sam, welcome to the family of God!!! You've made the most important decision you'll ever make.

When you're a new Christian, you're so pumped about living for Jesus, and that's great! It's hard when you see that most Christians aren't where you are. My best advice to you is to devour God's word (the Bible) and seek His will about everything in your life. If you're sold out to Him, He'll show you what to do in every circumstance where you need His guidance. This includes where to live, what church to be a part of, jobs, relationships, etc. I've been a Christian for over 40 years, and I've seen this work in my own life. Being in His will doesn't mean your life will be easy, but it will be doable because you'll have His grace and wisdom to guide you, and He'll give you what you need to do all that He calls you to do.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the basis for your faith? Jesus or wannabe Christians?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I believe we all have our calling and there are many members of the same body. I am not trying to be judgmental but this is more of a revelation of the following: the height that Christ is lifted up in me is contingent upon the extent in which the old man plunges to his destruction (in this life). If I fall to the ground and die completely, then Christ is raised completely in me. And if Christ be lifted up, He draws all men to Himself. So my fruitfulness is directly correlated with Jesus being raised in me...but I have to be completely crucified to ALL THINGS but Christ! What better thing can there be in a world that's here for only a second?

I guess my calling is to one day be a missionary.

But my church requires both future pastors and missionaries to be couples! So I MUST get married one day if I remain in my church and want to one day "go". Marriage is a sacrifice in itself but clearly the inferior one. Marriage is temporal and a vanity. I need the mobility and less accountability to any one but God. For the sake of souls and the next world.

Things are confusing.
Perhaps the idea of a monastery may fit your ideals and passion. Is that something you would consider?

Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So quit talking about it and do it. What’s stopping you?

I think in some cases - the best way is to just experience it for yourself.

For example - commune working and living is available if you want to try it. There are still monestaries and monk orders which take vows of poverty to serve the poor and destitute.

Start by locating a couple potential groups. Contact them and see what it would take to come on board. Then take the plunge.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just imagine though...

"Not my will, your will"
"Not my will, your will"
"Not my will, your will"

You finish the race.

Whose will was it?

Checkmate!

It isn't that your will disappears but that it is aligned with God's and is subservient to Him. It is, after all, an act of your will to say, "Your will, not mine."

Not to make light...this is one point of disillusionment for me. I cant get around this. Plenty say Lord Lord but never do it.

2 Corinthians 10:12
12 ...but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Matthew 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Like begets like. A cat begets a cat, a dog begets a dog, and we can only beget more of ourselves. If we want to be godly, God must beget that godliness in us. And the key to Him doing so is, as you've said, for us to surrender (Romans 12:1), submit (James 4:7), yield (Romans 6:13) and die (Matthew 16:24-25).

When you encounter people in whom you cannot see godliness, then, understand that they may not have yet found the Narrow Gate, though they may think they have, or they be on the Narrow Way but have not been presenting themselves, moment-by-moment, a living sacrifice to God. In either case, these people need your prayers, not your disdain and condemnation. Love them; encourage them; be a godly example to them.

1 John 3:14
14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death.

• Winner
Reactions: Sam81
Upvote 0