Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know members of my church will talk bad about me because I'm always told they do but I really don't want to emerge my head in water this morning. I don't have any other hair cleaning tools except for shampoo. I applied some baby powder on my hair but I don't think it worked. I could put a headband in my hair but my mom is actually criticizing me for not washing my hair. I told her it's early and I'm cold, plus if people are going to talk then let them talk. What do you think? My church doesn't have a certain type of dress code but the members can be judgmental or so I'm told. Is it ever acceptable to leave home with oily hair? I know God does not care but others will think I'm nasty even though I showered yesterday. I just didn't wash my hair. It's just hair. It's not that big of a deal but I'm a little worried. Thanks for reading!

Reactions: Northbrook

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know members of my church will talk bad about me because I'm always told they do but I really don't want to emerge my head in water this morning. I don't have any other hair cleaning tools except for shampoo. I applied some baby powder on my hair but I don't think it worked. I could put a headband in my hair but my mom is actually criticizing me for not washing my hair. I told her it's early and I'm cold, plus if people are going to talk then let them talk. What do you think? My church doesn't have a certain type of dress code but the members can be judgmental or so I'm told. Is it ever acceptable to leave home with oily hair? I know God does not care but others will think I'm nasty even though I showered yesterday. I just didn't wash my hair. It's just hair. It's not that big of a deal but I'm a little worried. Thanks for reading!
Wear a head covering like the Mennonites do.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Check the local laws before going outside to avoid God's wrath. God has replaced the OT laws with Local Government regulations.

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

You should be good, but check local laws first.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
images

Join Orthodox Christian Church, never wash hair, just put on woman's head covering like many other girls there. Your mother will love it!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I also think maybe we don't really understand the situation.

(And it's also something I don't have to worry about as I cover my head in Church - that is a great thing about being Orthodox ;) Not to mention now that I'm older my hair doesn't get oily and I don't wash it as often anyway.)

But I don't like washing my hair on a cold morning either. You could wash it the evening before and let it dry while you're warm at home. Some ways of handling your hair make it more oily too - so try to make sure you're not doing anything like that. Wearing it up part of the time may help. Using a nice natural (boar bristle) brush to distribute the natural oils can benefit your hair, though it might increase oil production. (Girls used to be taught to brush their hair 100 strokes every night, and it did make most hair types soft and shiny.)

Make sure your shampoo and conditioner aren't making matters worse. Some over-condition and add oils you don't need. Others strip oils too much and your body desperately ramps up production.

And at a certain age it's just something your body changes and adjusts and can take a little while to get right. Talking to a doctor might get you some suggestions.

Sometimes wearing your hair a different way can camouflage things like that. Hanging straight emphasizes oily looks, while if you can section it, maybe braid it, etc. it might not show so much. And yes, I know there are Scriptures that talk about not braiding hair. But those passages mean that we should not use elaborate things to try to make ourselves outwardly beautiful to draw attention to ourselves. If you're just trying not to draw attention to yourself for what others may see as bad, it's not the same thing. We have to understand the spirit of the Scriptures, not get bogged down in legalism over the letter.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not. But just in case any of it helps.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Can you try some dry shampoo in the future for occasions when you can’t wash t and it is more oily than you’d like?

In answer to your question, still go to church, but it is good to take care of your body as well. Maybe wash the night before?

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you try some dry shampoo in the future for occasions when you can’t wash t and it is more oily than you’d like?

In answer to your question, still go to church, but it is good to take care of your body as well. Maybe wash the night before?
I do that, generally. Take a shower the night before. Helps!

• Agree
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whereloveandmercymeet

There but for the grace of God...
Nov 12, 2018
Dorset
✟125,170.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Depending on my health and what kind of a morning my son has had, I often go to church in a hoodie, jeans, a mum-bun hair style with a bow or something to try and make it less awful and no makeup so I look like a zombie. But I’m there, that’s the big thing.

If it’s a regular thing with the cold, wash your hair the night before and if your mum moans tell her it’s because you want to plait it and let it dry on a towel in bed overnight so it’s curly in the morning? I loved doing that when I was younger. Partly for the look, partly for the much quicker shower in the morning!

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

You should wash your hair.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I don't see why on earth folks should give you such a bother for that. If you just showered yesterday you're clean even if you didn't wash your hair. Gracious think about the folks who went to church back in the days of Jesus. Before indoor plumbing, bottled shampoo & conditioner. My girlfriend only washes her hair a couple of times a week, on account of her hair stylist telling her to do that. Something about how natural oil or whatever helps. Anyhow she looks & smells clean as can be. Shaves a good half hour off her beauty routine for getting ready to go out without drying & straightening it, so another reason I'm pleased. I think you're fine. If anybody judges you for it, that's on them, not you.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
my mom is actually criticizing me for not washing my hair. I told her it's early and I'm cold,
I showered yesterday. I just didn't wash my hair.[/QUOTE]

I get this from my daughter, who like you is old enough to know better, it is always later and later never comes.
Hair doesn't have to be washed everyday it just has to be washed regularly.
Try to get into a routine of washing your hair when you know you have time to dry it properly before going out.
Yes this will often mean getting up earlier than you want to.

Upvote 0