✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
First I was joking on the 5 stones, As I do that a lot. :D

We could both name many people who were "armed" in the bible, but the fact remains that if you refuse to protect others, You find yourself in another category and it isn't just about self defense, It is about saving lives.
How could anyone live with themselves if they had to be forced to watch the rape and slaughter of innocents knowing they have turned down our 2nd Amendment right willingly?
Know that ONE well placed shot could have saved 5 innocents

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,901.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How could anyone live with themselves if they had to be forced to watch the rape and slaughter of innocents knowing they have turned down our 2nd Amendment right willingly?
They would be able to live with themselves by putting their faith in God and accepting His will.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
They would be able to live with themselves by putting their faith in God and accepting His will.
I would have trouble living with that myself so I would die trying to defend them with my bare hands at least. Or in my case, When I run out of bullets

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think we’ve provided plenty of scriptural evidence that supports the right for Christians to possess a gun for their protection and the protection of their loved ones. For those who choose not to that is their decision but based on the scriptures we’ve provided I don’t think anyone has the right to condemn or look down on those who choose to own a gun.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Just out of curiosity, Let's do a scenario, If there was a gang that had taken you and your family hostage and and you were tied up while they were slapping and cussing your mom, Beating on your kids and then one started tearing your daughters clothes off and everyone is crying and screaming help and you suddenly realize that one of your hands can be freed from the rope behind you? So you look and one of the thugs has laid down his fully loaded 1911 45 Colt next to a bible laying on the table next to you and you can reach it.
Every thug has his back to you and is focusing on your daughter

What do you do? What do you think God would want?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think we’ve provided plenty of scriptural evidence that supports the right for Christians to possess a gun for their protection and the protection of their loved ones. For those who choose not to that is their decision but based on the scriptures we’ve provided I don’t think anyone has the right to condemn or look down on those who choose to own a gun.
Yes but those unwilling to carry, Should at least, "By law" carry extra ammo for us who do! LOL

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,901.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just out of curiosity, Let's do a scenario, If there was a gang that had taken you and your family hostage and and you were tied up while they were slapping and cussing your mom, Beating on your kids and then one started tearing your daughters clothes off and everyone is crying and screaming help and you suddenly realize that one of your hands can be freed from the rope behind you? So you look and one of the thugs has laid down his fully loaded 1911 45 Colt next to a bible laying on the table next to you and you can reach it.

I answered this earlier in the thread.

If ever the situation arises that an assailant attacks myself or my family, I have faith that if it is according to God's will, that He will provide an avenue of escape, or provide me with the courage, strength, and the tools necessary to neutralize the subject. Preferably the situation will be resolved without anyone being harmed, including the assailant, but that will not be my choice to make. It's God who will decide the final outcome.

In your scenario, Tool = a fully loaded 1911 45 Colt

It would be as if God Himself laid that gun within my reach to give me the opportunity to defend my family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In that scenario I’d probably shoot every one of them in the head and never think twice about it.

Upvote 0

SteveIndy

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Zionsville, Indiana
✟247,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Raymond
I do not have a problem with trusting God friend.
You see God gave us some common sense along with our free will. Take David for example, When facing Goliath he didn't run towards him saying "the Lord will protect me" did he?
He got out his trusty sling, Which was the "very very early version of the glock", :D He then picked up 5 smooth stones. Why 5 stones? "Well I think he was hoarding ammo" ;) but anyway, It only took one stone to the head and the treat ended.
This teaches a lot because God said that David was a man after His own heart.
Did David trust God?

Scott,

I see that you are a Baptist. Did you know that the first Baptist were non-resistant and pacifist? Their predecessors were the Anabaptist who were the true martyrs of the reformation. You might also be interested to know that Luther and Zwingli were also both pacifists initially. This is not unusual or surprising because the earliest Christians were all nonresistant and pacifists. It was they who lit the lamp in the dark ages: the Waldensians, Donatist, Huguenots, and Albigensians; it was they who paved the way with their blood and lived lives of nonresistance not returning evil for evil. And, then came the Anabaptist who were also ruthlessly murdered by the Catholics and the Protestants who found their safety behind the skirts of the state. The freedom which we enjoy today does not have its roots in the Reformation but rather in the Radical Reformation of the Anabaptist. Today, once again, the nonresistant Christians have found places of safety and their message is not heard in the streets anymore. The Anabaptist and their predecessors, who never backslid as did Luther and Zwingli, showed us the way to real freedom, but they get none of the credit. Today Christianity has nothing to do with love, kindness, charity, and sacrifice for their enemies; they are all gun packing badasses with a chip on their shoulder preaching a Christianity that exist nowhere in the New Testament. Every attempt to resurrect and promote the Christianity of Christ is met by these gun-toting Christian badasses who think they have the end-all argument by pointing to David or others from the Old Testament. What they don't realize is that they are reading from the wrong playbook and only show their ignorance of God's holy word. It is as though they have never known that that playbook has been changed. This can be proved easily by any first-year Bible student, unload your gun and unpack your stones David and go read the New Document, the New Last-will-and-Testament that has negated the Old Document. Then, come back and argue with the un-common sense of a Christ follower.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you look and one of the thugs has laid down his fully loaded 1911 45 Colt next to a bible laying on the table next to you and you can reach it.

I believe this is more in line with your "David" analogy. Trusting in God would entail not needing to carry weapons, because we know that, in the time of trouble, He will provide any weapon needed.....be it, stones, sling shot, or gun.

Can one be in close communion with God and feel that they need to carry deadly force just incase God doesnt deliver them from evil? Maybe.....maybe not.....

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Raymond
I do not have a problem with trusting God friend.
You see God gave us some common sense along with our free will. Take David for example, When facing Goliath he didn't run towards him saying "the Lord will protect me" did he?
He got out his trusty sling, Which was the "very very early version of the glock", :D He then picked up 5 smooth stones. Why 5 stones? "Well I think he was hoarding ammo" ;) but anyway, It only took one stone to the head and the treat ended.
This teaches a lot because God said that David was a man after His own heart.
Did David trust God?
Carrying a weapon to stores, church and around the malls, "just in case I might need it," Is not akin to david bringing a weapon to a known battle to fight a known opponent.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Carrying a weapon to stores, church and around the malls, "just in case I might need it," Is not akin to david bringing a weapon to a known battle to fight a known opponent.

But when David and his army went into battle and God said He would be with them, they didn't just throw down their swords and shields, did they? God was with them, but they still had to fight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why can't someone not carry a gun, believe God will protect them, and not be viewed as foolish or without a desire to be protected? Cant someone not carry a gun and still have a desire to be protected from harm and believe they will be with, the help of God?

They could do that if they wanted to. They could also not have homeowners insurance, not lock their doors or windows at night, and flaunt what belongings they own and trust God to keep people from breaking into their house. They could also not have a furnace or heaters in their house in the winter and expect God will keep them warm. They could even not have a job and trust God to provide for them (see what Jesus said about the Lillies in the field and how they neither toil nor spin).

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But when David and his army went into battle and God said He would be with them, they didn't just throw down their swords and shields, did they? God was with them, but they still had to fight.
Again....going to battle and to a store or a church are not the same. Even though God was on their side......they still had to have in their minds, the fact that they are going to war....they are about to enter a fight,,, which they will win.

Why do you have battles and fights in your mind every time you leave the house....or enter it?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They could do that if they wanted to. They could also not have homeowners insurance
Required by law in some places.

not lock their doors or windows at night,
Many people, both Christian and non-christian do this....so cant really be related to trust in God.

and flaunt what belongings they own
Non, filled with the Spirit of Love, would do this.

They could also not have a furnace or heaters in their house in the winter and expect God will keep them warm.
I am forbidden to entertain Ideas like these.
They could even not have a job and trust God to provide for them (see what Jesus said about the Lillies in the field and how they neither toil nor spin).

I Have gone periods of Time without a Job and God provided like only He could......I also did not find a job until I stopped trying to get one and let God provide it.

These things are not easily understood until experienced.

I encourage you to trust in your own skills with a gun, until you find better methods of protection.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again....going to battle and to a store or a church are not the same. Even thought God was on their side......they still had to have in their minds, the fact that they are going to war....they are about to enter a fight,,, which they will will.

Why do you have battles and fights in your mind every time you leave the house....or enter it?

You're assuming this. If I were armed when I left the house, I am no more having "battles and fights" in my mind any more than I'm having vehicle breakdowns on my mind when I drive my car with a spare tire in the trunk or emergency supplies in the back seat. When I carry a flashlight in my pocket, I don't have constant thoughts and fears of tripping on something in the dark and falling down and breaking my neck. If I wear a helmet while riding a bike, I don't have a traumatic brain injury in my mind when I go bicycling.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Required by law in some places.

Many people, both Christian and non-christian do this....so cant really be related to trust in God.

Non, filled with the Spirit of Love, would do this.

I am forbidden to entertain Ideas like these.

I Have gone periods of Time without a Job and God provided like only He could......I also did not find a job until I stopped trying to get one and let God provide it.

These things are not easily understood until experienced.

I encourage you to trust in your own skills with a gun, until you find better methods of protection.

To each one of my comparisons, you dodged the point by changing the subject. If you want to have a discussion, stay along the same line of reasoning, and quit moving the goalposts.

Upvote 0