shorten the days

T

Time Watcher

Shorten refers to the length of the the Lord's next judgment .... His hour of trial that is pending [1260 days + 1260 days + 30 days]

If He were to allow longer .... there would not be one human left on the earth just as He tells .... He knows

Just like His judgment of the flood ..... just long enough to wipe out mankind from the face of the earth except for Noah and his immediate family

The Lord is efficient and He measures all time lapse on the earth for His purposes

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't think you know much about the "length" ....

we are told the length in Daniel and Rev
folks debate it still, but we are told.

so it has to be shortened from that which we are told
to a shorter time

and who is "we"?
bible readers.

I am a very curious person .... asking questions about things serves knowledge

You should try it
why do u wanna belittle folks every single post?
defense mechanism?

I never see that you post much of anything about the subject of the number days scheduled for the Lord's coming judgment .... the exact amount is recorded in scripture
folks debate that.
interpretation of whether the morning AND evening sacrifices count as 1 or 2 days etc.
if the days are literal etc...

lots of debate there, and lots of room for growth

but what is certain, is the length, even if debated, was already given.
so the shortening that Christ speaks of has to be
from that already stated time, to something shorter

now my theory is that the 5th trump details the entire length

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"now my theory is that the 5th trump details the entire length"

but that is what Bullinger taught .... the prophetic scriptures document a longer period of time than 5 months .... many more additional events are scheduled along with Abaddon's abyss incursions

Tell me why you think the entire tribulation is only 5 months long

And as far as the 2300 mornings .... these are worship cycles amounting to 1150 24 hour days

This 1150 days is part of the 2550 days scheduled for tribulation period

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"now my theory is that the 5th trump details the entire length"

but that is what Bullinger taught .... the prophetic scriptures document a longer period of time than 5 months .... many more additional events are scheduled along with Abaddon's abyss incursions

Tell me why you think the entire tribulation is only 5 months long
I already did.
time is shortened for the elects sake,
from what we were already told, to something shorter
the 5th trump as a king over them, released fro the abyss
Satan the destroyer

And as far as the 2300 mornings .... these are worship cycles amounting to 1150 24 hour days

This 1150 days is part of the 2550 days scheduled for tribulation period
folks debate that

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

The Lord is speaking to a regathered remnant part of Israel and the time of Jacob's trouble that is coming in the above verses ... same as the 70th week decreed for th nation

This time frame has already been measured by the Lord and will continue as scheduled

.... and it will not extend longer than scheduled

If it did there would be nothing left of Israel .... totally destroyed by the invaders

.... but the Lord will prevent this by His intervention which will come at the end of the 2520 days [the length of the 70th week] .... then He will proceed to force the invaders to battle at Armageddon and destroy them in the next 30 days

Both Daniel and Revelation give the time lapse

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

Time Watcher said in post 28:

The Lord is speaking to a regathered remnant part of Israel and the time of Jacob's trouble that is coming in the above verses ... same as the 70th week decreed for th nation

The time of Jacob's trouble which he will be saved out of (Jeremiah 30:7) won't be the entire future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, but only the final pillaging of the Jews in Jerusalem at the very end of the tribulation, right before Jesus returns and saves them (Zechariah 14:2-5). The church, including Gentile believers (Revelation 7:9,14), will be in the tribulation (Matthew 24:9-13, Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6).

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

I was looking at Mark 13:20 where it says, "And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect whom He chose, He shortened the days."

I was wondering in what sense do you think he shortened them? What I mean is, does that mean that the tribulation period was going to be longer, does that mean that the days were shortened to less than 24 hours, does that mean something else?

He shortened his(satan's)reign to 5 months,from 3 1/2 years

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
not sure.
my old pastor believed that.

I see 5 months written, not 2.5, so I don't think the 2.5 exists.

my view, is that only the latter part of the trib has been shortened for the elect's sake

so it is possible imo that the political beast reigns for a full 3.5 years,
but the religious beast (Satan defacto) only has 5 months here, short season

i'm only dogmatic about the last 5 months
i'm not sure how things will play out before that.

Upvote 0