She Actually Appeared

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If the Dems would quit inventing baggage, then there wouldn't be any in the current case.

Ah yes... the notion that attempted rape should disqualify one for SCOTUS is a Democrat invention.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ah yes... the notion that attempted rape should disqualify one for SCOTUS is a Democrat invention.

Change that to "the allegation that attempted rape....." and your sarcasm would actually work.
Keep trying. You'll get there!

• Haha
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Change that to "the allegation that attempted rape....."

That would only address those Republicans who don't believe Dr. Ford. We also have so many of you who don't care if it's true, and want Brett confirmed regardless.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since you specifically referenced Kavanaugh's honesty and respectability, I didn't realize you were referring to the list of possible candidates, upon which I'm certain that more honest and respectable judges than Kavanaugh may be found.
Certain, how? Have you studied all the candidates on the list?

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Given his extreme lack of candor and, at worst, outright lies over the course of his confirmation hearings, I sure as heck hope that there are more honest people on the list.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I'm willing to bet a few of them won't have any allegations of sexual assault in their past... assuming Donald himself didn't write the list.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That would only address those Republicans who don't believe Dr. Ford. We also have so many of you who don't care if it's true, and want Brett confirmed regardless.

Are you saying that if Ford says something, it's true regardless of all the holes in her story, and what she says is only an allegation if people don't believe her?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying that if Ford says something, it's true regardless of all the holes in her story, and what she says is only an allegation if people don't believe her?

No, I'm saying, and apologies if I didn't make this clear enough the first time I said it, that there are too many on the right who do not care if Kavanaugh did attempt to rape Ford.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Still convoluted. Do you really think that anyone who engages in Spring Break these days (and survives) and gets highest grades in college wouldn't be eligible to serve in the Supreme Court? I would say that most teens have made poor decisions (including Christine Blasey Ford and the woman who says she witnessed rapes various times (and kept on going!)). That doesn't disqualify them.

You still don't seem to comprehend at all. It's not that he engaged in reckless activities in high school/college - that isn't a problem for me. The problem is that he lied, under oath, about those activities when he was directly questioned about them. My problem is Kavanaugh lying under oath, not partying too hard in high school and college.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I'm saying, and apologies if I didn't make this clear enough the first time I said it, that there are too many on the right who do not care if Kavanaugh did attempt to rape Ford.
Phony baloney plastic banana bovine excrement. Of course, most on the right care IF Kavanaugh did attempt to rape Ford. But she didn't even allege rape. She alleged sexual misconduct, and couldn't be clear on the details. I don't blame her for that, she waited thirty six years to bring it to the public. Almost as late as DiFi was to bring it to light. Of course, the reason she didn't do so sooner was because the story was full of holes. But that didn't matter. Until the vote. Yes, the vote. Justice Kavanaugh, welcome aboard.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
When it comes to sexual behaviour, outside of Catholic teaching being the reasonable standard, it is really hard to keep up with what we ought to care about. At the time of the Monica Lewinsky affair, for example, university profs were being brought before boards for consensual sex with students. It wasn’t lack of consent that the fems objected to; it was the power differential. But the huge power differential between a President and a intern still wet behind the ears no longer was a problem with fems as long as the legislation was passed.
I never really got the Clarence Thomas thing. It was a little bit racey for sure, but it is not as if racey commentary in mixed company was unheard of in the liberal days when Deep Throat even became the name of a White House media sting operation. Typically sexual harassment back then, or even now, involves the pattern continuing even after somebody objects to something being too vulgar. It is poisonous to only object five years later in retrospect. And for sue office politics have become poisoned now. Good Wife is a good popular media example, but the whole Kavanagh affair was a great example of Yale law alumni devouring their own in a Nietzschean cut throat re-evaluation of values to where power is the only value that matters.
When it comes to sexual ethics in post modern society, for sure Christian standards have been rejected. They are relegated to the arena of personal choice. The post modernist standard is more about having the power to do anything until one’s political enemies get the upper hand. It’s all about two snakes devouring each other from the tail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Phony baloney plastic banana bovine excrement. Of course, most on the right care IF Kavanaugh did attempt to rape Ford.

But as I said... too many didn't care... am I wrong? Was it not enough? Was it just the right amount?

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Phony baloney plastic banana bovine excrement. Of course, most on the right care IF Kavanaugh did attempt to rape Ford. But she didn't even allege rape. She alleged sexual misconduct, and couldn't be clear on the details. I don't blame her for that, she waited thirty six years to bring it to the public. Almost as late as DiFi was to bring it to light. Of course, the reason she didn't do so sooner was because the story was full of holes. But that didn't matter. Until the vote. Yes, the vote. Justice Kavanaugh, welcome aboard.

You do realise that, right around the world, commissions are listening to witnesses of thousands and thousands of cases of sexual assault. Many of them more grievous than those described by Dr Ford.

And most of those are much more than 36 years from the past...many are from 50 or 60 years ago. And yet, they have been accepted as largely true accounts. Very rarely has someone charged the victims with “waiting far too long to make a complaint.”

I am speaking, of course, of the horrific history of child sexual abuse within the Catholic Church around the world, including the organised manner in which it was covered up.

And, just like Kavanaugh, those fine upright men of the cloth initially denied the attacks, as did those who covered for them.

But the truth eventually outs...

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But as I said... too many didn't care... am I wrong? Was it not enough? Was it just the right amount?

They cared enough to listen to her testimony, and to grant an FBI investigation. If they hadn't done that, then it would definately have been reported that they didn't care. But some people just can't be satisfied no matter what.

• Winner
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How could we care when there was no allegation of attempted rape? For the record, I don't doubt that Ms Ford was assaulted. I just don't believe it was Justice Kavanaugh. None of the people she said were there corroborated her story. His calendar showed where he was all that summer. He had historical evidence, she had a bad memory. She said she had a fear of flying, but she flew all over the world. I feel like the offer for the Senate Intelligence Committee to fly to California to question her got to her lawyers but not to her. They were stalling. This was nothing more than the Minority's attempts at an October surprise, and it failed.
I feel sorry for Ms Ford, that the Democrat party used her the way they did. I feel sorry that they ignored her desire for privacy, her desire to not come forward.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I feel sorry for Ms Ford, that the Democrat party used her the way they did. I feel sorry that they ignored her desire for privacy, her desire to not come forward.

It's evidence that it's the democrats who didn't care about her.

• Winner
Reactions: Root of Jesse
Upvote 0