She Actually Appeared

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't believe she would but she is actually sitting there.

Now we will have to suffer through however many Democrats all groveling before her in the praise of her courage blah blah blah, but eventually we will get around to hearing her answer a few questions.

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's just hope allegations do not continue for eternity, or :doh: until democrats regain control, oh wait...that is what they are banking on, and it would not matter who the candidate for the SC justice seat is...same strategy. I hope investigation will be done to uncover the responsible persons behind the motivations to bring allegations at this particular time in history. I hope the money trail will be followed, at least that's what this country boy suspects, even if it were true, what would it take to bring someone out in the public 30+ years later?

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't believe she would but she is actually sitting there.

Now we will have to suffer through however many Democrats all groveling before her in the praise of her courage blah blah blah, but eventually we will get around to hearing her answer a few questions.

Why are you supprised by this?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is going to get toasted. She is reading a script. That means when they ask her questions she will not remember what she said and she will contradict herself. The are going to pick on each and every contraction.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's just hope allegations do not continue for eternity, or :doh: until democrats regain control, oh wait...that is what they are banking on, and it would not matter who the candidate for the SC justice seat is...same strategy. I hope investigation will be done to uncover the responsible persons behind the motivations to bring allegations at this particular time in history. I hope the money trail will be followed, at least that's what this country boy suspects, even if it were true, what would it take to bring someone out in the public 30+ years later?

If democrats regained control of the Senate, that would be our constitutional democracy in action. If republicans retain control, the same. Neither should affect a careful process in such a crucial thing as an SC appointment. If K becomes un confirmable (not something I'm going to even guess on), there are plenty of excellent conservative judges don't you think, still in the wings? Why rush -- rushing is precisely what is unfair to both K and Ford. I'd also like to see as much investigating as is reasonably possible in the time frame of a few weeks.

Rushing seems like the worst possible mistake to make.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She is going to get toasted. She is reading a script. That means when they ask her questions she will not remember what she said and she will contradict herself. The are going to pick on each and every contraction.

The first question Mitchell should have asked is what exactly Ford was terrified of.

But yeah, her opening speech was script by committee.

You guys never watch CSPAN before? Scripted opening remarks are SOP.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So far this is a farce. To interrupt Mitchell every five minutes, five minutes during which Ford dithers around re-reading everything she just said, serves to disrupt and destroy the continuity of Mitchell's very line of questioning. Mitchell should have been given an uninterrupted block of time, otherwise she is going to get nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If democrats regained control of the Senate, that would be our constitutional democracy in action. If republicans retain control, the same. Neither should affect a careful process in such a crucial thing as an SC appointment. If K becomes un confirmable (not something I'm going to even guess on), there are plenty of excellent conservative judges don't you think, still in the wings? Why rush -- rushing is precisely what is unfair to both K and Ford. I'd also like to see as much investigating as is reasonably possible in the time frame of a few weeks.

Rushing seems like the worst possible mistake to make.

^_^ Rushing? Has anything in our government ever happened as a result of rushing? Are politicians even capable of such a thing? I continue to read "rush, rush, rush" but fail to see it, still counting hanging chads.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We already know that. It was Kavanaugh.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

If I look through your post history, will you have similar posts slamming McConnell obstructing Garland? (He asks, expecting the answer no)

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We already know that. It was Kavanaugh.

What is it exactly "we" already "know"? Looks like another has come forward claiming responsibility. What do we "know"? I know people are rushing to judgement without a court or hearing. Is that good old country justice?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The first question Mitchell should have asked is what exactly Ford was terrified of.

But yeah, her opening speech was script by committee.

It wasn't a script it was an opening statement. Are you going to state Kavanaugh's was committee scripted when he gives his as well?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My bottom line is that today's interview never should have happened. Feinstein should have revealed the letter in private executive session of the whole committee as soon as she got it. Then appropriate investigations could have been made privately, sparing the principals and the entire body politic this painful, divisive drama. But instead it was leaked raw to the media 2 months later, after the main hearings had been concluded. And here we are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is pathetic. That the Republicans agreed to this format is pathetic.

They didn't agree to it, they insisted on it.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I look through your post history, will you have similar posts slamming McConnell obstructing Garland? (He asks, expecting the answer no)

I have no clue who you're even talking about, how is that even relevant to the OP? That's correct it's not. Welcome to look through my post history, as it would groom my inflated ego.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Woah!!! She just testified she had to walk past Kavanaugh, Judge, and others, to exit the house. So, let me get this straight.

Horrified, she flees from Kavanaugh into a bathroom upstairs, while Kavanaugh was preoccupied with Judge in a wrestling match on the floor. But, then she chooses to exit the home, an exit requiring her to walk past Kavanaugh and others to exit the home.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^_^ Rushing? Has anything in our government ever happened as a result of rushing? Are politicians even capable of such a thing? I continue to read "rush, rush, rush" but fail to see it, still counting hanging chads.

Ah, this is the 'rushing' I was meaning:

Under White House pressure, the Senate Republican leadership is moving to expedite the final stages of Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court after Thursday’s planned hearing featuring the woman who has accused him of sexual assault when they were teenagers.
GOP Sets Committee Vote on Kavanaugh for Friday

You can get this from any news source you like though, the intent to go-ahead and not be slowed down. Of course, I don't take that as written in stone, that nothing could make McConnell slow down. I presume McConnell presumed nothing would come up that is significant. I suppose if something new and significant came up, McConnell might slow down, and not push it through in a rush.

To me, the 2 new men that showed up yesterday are something significant. And needing investigation. My hope is that everything possible come to light as totally as possible.

I'd be delighted for K to be confirmed with many doubts removed....should that be possible.

Rushing seems to make that very unlikely. See?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I have no clue who you're even talking about, how is that even relevant to the OP? That's correct it's not. Welcome to look through my post history, as it would groom my inflated ego.

You're whining about the Democrats delaying a SCOTUS pick. You didn't whine when the Republicans did it.

If it was bad now, it was bad then. But I suspect you didn't think it was bad then. So... see the problem?

Upvote 0