USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This one is a work in progress. I don't really like the ending...I think I'll try to polish it up.

Have shadows whispered, "Night begins,"
Upon the breath-starved bones again?
Dry as death, the cold it sends.
The world groans, heavy, breaks and bends!

Send the fire, send the flood, send the quaking breaks and rend
The gates, the chains, we fettered in!
O Father, loving us did send
Jesus His Son, His power to mend
The severed, sinful man again!

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This one is a work in progress. I don't really like the ending...I think I'll try to polish it up.

Have shadows whispered, "Night begins,"
Upon the breath-starved bones again?
Dry as death, the cold it sends.
The world groans, heavy, breaks and bends!

Send the fire, send the flood, send the quaking breaks and rend
The gates, the chains, we fettered in!
O Father, loving us did send
The severed, sinful man again!

The ending is the part I find most powerful written in the poem. ;) Welcome to CF! Nice meeting you in here! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: starryshadows
Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very short poem that I wrote just now.

The Sun
How had I not the eyes to see
The Savior who redeems?
The cup that filled is flowing free
Of everlasting streams;
The water clear, His gift to me,
Of Light's unfiltered beams!

This is Beautiful! :blink:

Upvote 0

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The ending is the part I find most powerful written in the poem. ;) Welcome to CF! Nice meeting you in here! :)
Oh well thank you so much! Maybe I'll keep it that way then. :D thanks for the welcome! Nice meeting you here too! :)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh well thank you so much! Maybe I'll keep it that way then. :D thanks for the welcome! Nice meeting you here too! :)

"O Father, loving us did send
The severed, sinful man again!"

I think a poem speaks higher volumes when it is clear with it's message, especially when it has a Christian message put into it.

And poems which speaks of God, His Son Jesus Christ, or anything else biblically put(although then it will still speak about God altogether ;)), is something which speaks stronger to me. And I also find it a lot more encouraging and strenghtening too!

There are many good poems out there which doesn't always have a Christian focus in it, and these ones can also be good written. Yet, I get more touched by as well as more build up by Christian centered poems.

So to me, those last lines were the strongest part of the poem as they clearly talked about God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and why He was sent down to us! You told us the main gospel news in a few lines written, which made the poem much more powerful! :oldthumbsup: :clap:

Upvote 0

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"O Father, loving us did send
The severed, sinful man again!"

I think a poem speaks higher volumes when it is clear with it's message, especially when it has a Christian message put into it.

And poems which speaks of God, His Son Jesus Christ, or anything else biblically put(although then it will still speak about God altogether ;)), is something which speaks stronger to me. And I also find it a lot more encouraging and strenghtening too!

There are many good poems out there which doesn't always have a Christian focus in it, and these ones can also be good written. Yet, I get more touched by as well as more build up by Christian centered poems.

So to me, those last lines were the strongest part of the poem as they clearly talked about God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, and why He was sent down to us! You told us the main gospel news in a few lines written, which made the poem much more powerful! :oldthumbsup: :clap:
Thanks! I find it very hard to write poems centered around Christ; I often find my words just don't do justice to the things I'm writing about! I tend to write more about nature...partly because I strongly feel God's handiwork in nature and the beauty of nature (especially at night, stars, the moon). When I was young, I'd look at the stars and just feel, "Surely there must be a God, for this to exist." God really does reveal Himself through creation. :)

But I am also with you on expressing clearly meaning in poetry. :) And I'd like to write more poems inspired by/centered around Jesus.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks! I find it very hard to write poems centered around Christ; I often find my words just don't do justice to the things I'm writing about! I tend to write more about nature...partly because I strongly feel God's handiwork in nature and the beauty of nature (especially at night, stars, the moon). When I was young, I'd look at the stars and just feel, "Surely there must be a God, for this to exist." God really does reveal Himself through creation. :)

But I am also with you on expressing clearly meaning in poetry. :) And I'd like to write more poems inspired by/centered around Jesus.

I think many of us have a tendency of focusing too much on how we can write wonderful and beautiful poems, that our focus becomes more about this than having our focus on Christ as well as giving Him all the glory!

You do can write well thought through poems too, though you may feel stuck once your focus is on how to write a poem used to impress!

Now there will be different stages of life. I see this too with my own way of writing poems from the time when I was younger and now, you do go through changes. Though some of the main writing style may remain stuck in you. Most authors and poets will have a writing style which they are known for, and which will be found and recognized in other written works they do too!

You should of course write and change poems as you think it is best. Even though I get more touched by Christian centered poems, others may get touched by other poems you write. You write as you get inspired to and how you need to express yourself in words.

Much Love in Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I don't remember if I have shared this poem in here earlier, but I will still share it in here now for you to read. I wrote this poem sometime in 2017.

This topic which I have in this poem is something which is very special to me, the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Our Redeemer's Day is nearing to us.

I will lift up my eyes,
to the sky above.
Where my Redeemer will come,
I will look up and smile.

Because the day of His return,
is nearing to us.
A day full of power and splendour,
He will come in wrath and in glory.

His wrath is a result,
from holy righteousness.
He will put an end,
to all evil and misery.

He will be a frightening sight,
for the fallen angels and everyone else lost.
But to the ones who love God,
it will be a day of great joy.

This is why I want to lift up my eyes ,
to the sky above.
Because the day of the King's return,
is nearing to us.
And I will smile.

By: Crowned Princess.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not the biggest fan of religious poetry. I like scripture of course, but sometimes religious poetry seems either forced or maybe a not-so-good repeat of what we find in the bible already. Anyone know what I mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not the biggest fan of religious poetry. I like scripture of course, but sometimes religious poetry seems either forced or maybe a not-so-good repeat of what we find in the bible already. Anyone know what I mean?
I can definitely understand that! I have come across some religious poetry that is really beautifully expressed without being cliche, but I also find that many others feel kind of forced.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your favorite kinds of poems? To write or read.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What are your favorite kinds of poems? To write or read.

I prefer well written rhyming poetry over free verse but it just depends on how something is written. I also like shorter poems over very long ones. So, I also tend to favor these things when I write something.

I rhyme,
therefore I'm.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A very short poem that I wrote just now.

The Sun
How had I not the eyes to see
The Savior who redeems?
The cup that filled is flowing free
Of everlasting streams;
The water clear, His gift to me,
Of Light's unfiltered beams!

I love it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I prefer well written rhyming poetry over free verse but it just depends on how something is written. I also like shorter poems over very long ones. So, I also tend to favor these things when I write something.

I rhyme,
therefore I'm.
Nice! I agree on the rhyming! I appreciate that in your poem earlier, that the rhymes are very natural and add to the sound of the poem. I appreciate poetry that has a sort of musical element to it, which I think rhyming adds. Do you have any favorite poems/inspirations for your writing?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nice! I agree on the rhyming! I appreciate that in your poem earlier, that the rhymes are very natural and add to the sound of the poem. I appreciate poetry that has a sort of musical element to it, which I think rhyming adds.

Yeah that's the goal but it can be difficult to get the sounds to be smooth like that.

Do you have any favorite poems/inspirations for your writing?

Not exactly. I rarely write anymore but when I did it always helped to be reading or hearing poetry and it usually would inspire me. I also like to re-write or edit poems I like but think need some work haha...I don't think many poets like the idea of that! :) I also write parodies of poems which is somewhat similar.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here's an example:

The Cow
By Ogden Nash

The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other, milk.

my parody:

Cow-ected

A cow is of the bovine group.
The front is moo, the end is poop.

(Milk comes from the lower part of the stomach, not the "other end" of the cow.)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's an example:

The Cow
By Ogden Nash

my parody:

Cow-ected

(Milk comes from the lower part of the stomach, not the "other end" of the cow.)

I wanted to add both Like and Funny to this one but could only add one of the two options. ;) :D:thumbsup:

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

starryshadows

Feb 6, 2018
USA
✟36,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's an example:

The Cow
By Ogden Nash

my parody:

Cow-ected

Lol! I like it! :D

Upvote 0