Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I see nothing in the Torah which demands Sabbath observance for all of humanity. Genesis talks about God establishing the Sabbath but does not require its observance. Exodus and Deuteronomy require its observance, but only by Israel. This forum is an outreach to Jews, who will be the first to say that Gentiles are not required to keep Shabbat. Personally, I think that anyone who voluntarily takes on Sabbath observance will be blessed. I suggest we agree to disagree agreeably and drop the argument since this is a fellowship forum, and not a debate forum. Love ya, Sis!

What is your stance (as a representative of Hebrew Catholicism) on creation process?

Intelligent design or theistic evolutionism (following Roman Catholic position)?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What is your stance (as a representative of Hebrew Catholicism) on creation process?

Intelligent design or theistic evolutionism (following Roman Catholic position)?
Catholics are free to believe in a literal Genesis creation or to accept evolution, so long as they believe in a first man and first woman being uniquely given a soul by God.

My personal belief is that God formed us from the dust, and that there were many evolutionary steps in between dust and our present form. :) Whether it is theistic evolution where God has a direct hand in the process or whether it is naturalistic evolution I am not sure, but I know that God is the creator of nature's laws, so either way it turns out that God is the author of evolution and thus of creation.

Hebrew Catholicism doesn't have different views in this regard from Catholicism. When I was an Orthodox Jew, my views on Evolution created tension between me and some others, but certainly not all. When I was Reform of course it fit right in.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Are you Charismatic Sabbatarian?
I consider myself Messianic and I was raised in the Charismatic church. The Messianic congregation I was part of was MJAA and they believed in the operation of the gifts such as praying in tongues and words of knowledge and such.

Upvote 0

rakovsky

Apr 8, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟67,675.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Shalom :)

To share more background on myself, my Great-Grandfather is Caucasian, as his father was Irish Sailor who moved to Barbados/fell in love with a Bajan Woman and had my Great-Grand Father. From there, my Great-Grandfather moved to Jamaica/met my great-grandmother....and then they moved to Panama during the building of the Panama Canal, producing all those on the Hispanic side of my gene-pool....and hence, why I have White, Hispanic, West Indian in me. My mother's father - married to my grandmother (who was one of my Great Grandfather's kids) - was a Black Hispanic, who's father was Chinese. And my biological Father has Black Foot Indian.

Complicated..

However, remember what I had said on my great-grandfather? Back in 2014, as he turned 104 yrs old, he took a trip with my grandmother and grand uncle for his birthday and went back to where he grew up: Panama. He was able to met his sister, whom he kept in contact with over the years and reconnect with the children of the brother he was estranged from when he was younger working in Panama. It was an exciting time for him seeing his brother's children and grand-children. What was more interesting, however, was seeing more of the genealogical roots that we were able to discover.

Going over the family tree together on that side (as part of it was lost to my great-grandfather), they went back and it turns out that there was actually someone within a couple of generations back on my great-grandfather's grandfather was a Jewish Rabbi :clap:- my grandmother was tripped out, especially since it had been a question that I had been asking them for awhile. It was so wild to hear a couple of days ago after I had been praying on the issue.....and was wondering why there were certain leanings on issues - but as my grandmother said, some desires are spiritual memories in many respects. And it was wild whenever I attended the Messianic fellowship (over 8 yrs) I did and other Jews would tell me they sensed I had Jewish in my DNA - and I always paused since I never did any DNA tests showing anything were done since it was mainly speculation based on what has occurred with cultural diffusion/crypto-Jews hiding identity. And the Jews who told me it was a possibility of having some Jewish in my Great-Grandfather mainly said such due to what they said they sensed spiritually in me in the way I lived.

That said, I love seeing the Jewish heritage as expressed in the Early Church - and I love talking to people in general from various places.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Closed until further notice.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 7, 2022
New York
✟16,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
I was raised going to Church and become a Christian at age 12, but have since switched to Judaism, because of Jesus and a great love I have for HIS People and Church. I would love to learn more about the Jewish People and their Culture, because I love them so much and I have a wonderful love for Yeshua my Savior. I'm also in the process of learning Hebrew, because I want to be able to speak the language so that I can read the Torah in Hebrew.

Upvote 0