Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because God has never changed God's mind about anyt... oh wait!

Red herring fallacy. God has not changed his mind on homosexuality. All sexual perversions are sin and God isn't making any exceptions.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Effeminate here is:

G3120
µa?a??´?
malakos
Thayer Definition:
1) soft, soft to the touch
2) metaphorically in a bad sense
2a) effeminate
2a1) of a catamite
2a2) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man
2a3) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness
2a4) of a male prostitute
Part of Speech: adjective
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of uncertain affinity

It refers to the effeminate and the homosexual nature to be sexually submissive to another male. God does not only oppose homosexual acts but the very unnatural homosexual nature itself.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Red herring fallacy. God has not changed his mind on homosexuality. All sexual perversions are sin and God isn't making any exceptions.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Effeminate here is:

G3120
µa?a??´?
malakos
Thayer Definition:
1) soft, soft to the touch
2) metaphorically in a bad sense
2a) effeminate
2a1) of a catamite
2a2) of a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man
2a3) of a male who submits his body to unnatural lewdness
2a4) of a male prostitute
Part of Speech: adjective
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of uncertain affinity

It refers to the effeminate and the homosexual nature to be sexually submissive to another male. God does not only oppose homosexual acts but the very unnatural homosexual nature itself.
So God opposes a nature that God gives? Ooooooookay. Also, why is homosexuality the one thing God cannot change God's mind on?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So God opposes a nature that God gives?

God didn't give it.

Also, why is homosexuality the one thing God cannot change God's mind on?

Certain things God hates and considers an abomination like fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, abusers of themselves with mankind, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, nor extortioners.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
God didn't give it.
Who did then? Sexual attraction is not a choice.

Certain things God hates and considers an abomination like fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, effeminate, abusers of themselves with mankind, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, nor extortioners.
God also considered shellfish to be an abomination.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who did then? Sexual attraction is not a choice.

You say it isn't but that doesn't make it true.

God also considered shellfish to be an abomination.

Except the other ones will keep someone out of the kingdom of God ie: no eternal life but eating shellfish in the OT wouldn't. It made you unclean until evening.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. But the research does.

And biblical research shows God opposes homosexuality. I'm only a messenger. You have the same anti-homosexual verses in your bible that I do. Personally I say live and let live but if you ask me what God says in the bible I will tell you exactly that and it ain't pretty towards homosexuality.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you say the same about people living together outside of marriage? Or do you think coveting others possessions if ok as long as we don't do it openly. Is secret sin ok in your understanding of scripture?

All humans live in sin, just as fish remain wet.
There are no secret sins anywhere.
People live or don't live in committed relationships
before or after or without wedding ceremonies.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be happy to show that incorrect.

That's impossible.

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'll be happy to show that incorrect.
And you think Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because they forgot to pay their tax bill?

Where do you think the word sodomy comes from?

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
That's impossible.

Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Oddly enough those verses have nothing to with actually being homosexual.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
And you think Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because they forgot to pay their tax bill?

Where do you think the word sodomy comes from?
Ezekiel 16:49 said:
This was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. They have to do with having sex with somebody of the same gender. You are saying the very state of being sexually attracted to people of the same sex is sinful.

Yes being attracted is s sin as well as acting on that attraction to have sex. In the NT the very feminine aspect of male homosexuality is also condemned outside of also condemning sexual acts.

The only thing I can see as being ok for a homosexual is to not act on attraction or desires and always repent about having attraction to the same sex. Otherwise just denying it is wrong isn't going to work out.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Conveniently left out a verse?

Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Some of those abominations were homosexual sex acts.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yes being attracted is s sin as well as acting on that attraction to have sex. In the NT the very feminine aspect of male homosexuality is also condemned outside of also condemning sexual acts.

The only thing I can see as being ok for a homosexual is to not act on attraction or desires and always repent about having attraction to the same sex. Otherwise just denying it is wrong isn't going to work out.
You cannot control who you are sexually attracted to. Show me where in Scripture it says you can, because apparently science that says so doesn't matter to you.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Conveniently left out a verse?

Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Some of those abominations were homosexual sex acts.
Oh, you mean the rape? Or would the rape have been ok if it were women who were being raped?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, you mean the rape? Or would the rape have been ok if it were women who were being raped?

*yawn*

This is getting very boring very fast. Your positions are not scriptural. If you don't have anything more valid to say then we are done here.

Upvote 0