Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For eight years, the right didn't think so...

I agree with the right ( whoever he/she is) on that as well as those individuals here that say that using Donald John is not being disrespectful. Both men have those names and using them is not, in itself, disrespectful. One's tone while using the names might imply disrespect but using the name, in and of itself, is not disrespectful.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, the title of this thread does not give me your thoughts on the subject.

But it does give us an idea what the topic is. Perhaps we should make our discussion about the subject of the thread rather than my thoughts.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do not assume Vindman is unworthy of respect.

Then you disagree with the current regime.

Have a care they they don't see this as reason to find you unworthy of respect.

I just don't assume he is worthy of respect based upon his having once been wounded and having served his country. I do not know the state of his loyalty. I do not know much at all about the man at all. I would need to know much more to judge whether he was worthy or unworthy of respect. I do not tend to think anyone is worthy of disrespect unless there is something extremely distasteful about their behavior. What I will always concede is that every one is worthy of being treated with decency and consideration just by their being human. Respect or disrespect must be earned.

And I'm still waiting to hear what Vindman has said or done to merit the specific disrespect the regime is heaping upon him.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I agree with the right ( whoever he/she is) on that as well as those individuals here that say that using Donald John is not being disrespectful. Both men have those names and using them is not, in itself, disrespectful. One's tone while using the names might imply disrespect but using the name, in and of itself, is not disrespectful.

That's been pretty much my take on him. His name is Donald, and until such time as he or the lawful authorities change it, I shall continue to call him "Donald."

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How silly. No, being a decorated career soldier does not insulate a man from anything you don't like, but it should insulate him against having his patriotism and loyalty to the nation impugned.

And what do you mean by "insulate". What should happen to a person who dares to question the guy's patriotism or loyalty?

Col. Vindman isn't being accused of being a white supremacist or of voting for Donald - he was accused - without evidence - of badmouthing and ridiculing the United States to the Russians. She called into question his patriotism. Donald retweeted the defamation.

I see you won't address a hypothetical.
Anyway, she used her right to free speech. Big deal. But again, what should happen to a person who dares to question the guy's patriotism or loyalty?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's been pretty much my take on him. His name is Donald, and until such time as he or the lawful authorities change it, I shall continue to call him "Donald."

Rightfully so. That is his name calling him Ralph or Jake or some other name would be highly odd.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, she was being disrespectful. Vindman was not "badmouthing" or "rediculting our great nation."

People disrespect Trump all the time. Why haven't you or others who don't like Trump ever spoken up and said anything against disrespecting a duly elected president of our own country?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So much for all that "respect" you've been talking about.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then you disagree with the current regime.

I don't even know if the current regime ( whoever he/she might be) assumes Vindman is unworthy of respect. I don't assume I know what anyone assumes or that i know what evidence anyone has to judge the worthiness of another. This regime you speak of might be informed enough to make the judgement , might not be. Might assume things or might not. I certainly have not the information to decide which is the case.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
But it does give us an idea what the topic is. Perhaps we should make our discussion about the subject of the thread rather than my thoughts.

If your thoughts were not on the subject of the thread then I would agree. So, what do you think of the Senator using rumor to smear a decorated soldier?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If your thoughts were not on the subject of the thread then I would agree. So, what do you think of the Senator using rumor to smear a decorated soldier?

I'd say that if this decorated soldier had the backbone and discipline to be ready to fight and die for his country, he should be able to withstand an insult or a tweet.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People disrespect Trump all the time. Why haven't you or others who don't like Trump ever spoken up and said anything against disrespecting a duly elected president of our own country?

....Trump doesn't respect the Office nor the country he serves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
....Trump doesn't respect the Office nor the country he serves.

I see.
Then a person is only deserving of respect and is insulated from disrespect depending upon the views of each individual. Therefore, the president of the United States is open for mocking and ridicule while another person who served in the military is considered to be insulated from it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are you OK with her using rumor an innuendo to smear someone?

If it's ok to do it to the leader of the free world, then why should anyone else be protected from another person's free speech--no matter how you label it?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see. So it OK since it is happening to others?

To others besides Trump? Is that what you're asking?
You either believe people have the right to free speech, or you don't. If the leader of the free world isn't immune to criticism and slander, then nobody else is either.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see.
Then a person is only deserving of respect and is insulated from disrespect depending upon the views of each individual. Therefore, the president of the United States is open for mocking and ridicule while another person who served in the military is considered to be insulated from it.

...therefore I only wrote that he does not respect his office or the country, in response to your question in a forum. A U.S. Senator implied on twitter that a Lt. Colonel was mocking our country.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.