Senator Defames Purple-Heart Recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rightfully so. That is his name calling him Ralph or Jake or some other name would be highly odd.

Well, having no love for the man, I freely admit that I do occasionally wish to call him a few things which would run me afoul of the CF rules... and possibly the profanity filter. :)

Once he leaves office (assuming the means is not by death), Donald might find himself in a situation, where, as I mentioned, the lawful authorities might give him a new appellation:

images

...at which time, I will have no problem with referring to him as "Prisoner 65853514." :wave:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Has Donald's name become a sign of disrespect?

His businesses seem to think so: Here’s Every Trump Property That’s Dropped His Name

But that doesn't make it so... does it?

Say what you did in post 101 about a democrat or decorated soldier and you'd be ridiculed by certain people. But then again, some people are considered to be "insulated" from ridicule while others are considered fair game. Equality, you know.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what do you mean by "insulate".
What did you mean? It's your term.

What should happen to a person who dares to question the guy's patriotism or loyalty?
They should get a severe eyerolling! She repeated a base lie about him. What should anyone get who traffics in lies - a presidency?

I see you won't address a hypothetical.
I don't see the point of addressing a false equivalency. I answered as I thought appropriate.
Anyway, she used her right to free speech.
Sure, she repeated a defamatory lie about him.

Big deal.
Lies don't seem to matter in the Age of Donald - especially to his supporters.

But again, what should happen to a person who dares to question the guy's patriotism or loyalty?
I already said. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not in the habit of supporting tweets of any kind by any person.

Is this the wording you are referring to when you say Blackburn was being disrespectful?

"Adam Schiff is hailing Alexander Vindman as an American patriot.
How patriotic is it to badmouth and ridicule our great nation in front of Russia, America’s greatest enemy?"

If the Senator believes that Vindman badmouthed our country in front of Russia, how is she being disrespectful to the service member by telling people what she believes to be true?
Because it isn't true which is trivially easy to discover.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no idea if he was or not but perhaps she does think he was?
Again, it is really easy to find out.

Do you have evidence to suggest she was deliberately lying about what she thinks Vindman was doing?
No, there are people who simply repeat gossip without regards to truth-value. She may be one of those.

I understand you do not agree that Vindman was doing what she accused him of but would you still find it disrespectful to say what she said if it were true?
Yes, but if it were true, which it ain't, then the disrespect would be deserved. Do you agree that simply repeating defamatory gossip without bothering to check the facts of the matter is respectable?

My perspective is that if she was sincere in thinking he did what she said he did then I don't see that saying so is disrespectful. I won't assume she was being dishonest though I won't assume she was being honest either. Unless I know one way or the other I cannot accuse her. Perhaps she has not given Vindman that same benefit of the doubt?
She has since been educated on the matter yet has not apologized, so.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Say what you did in post 101 about a democrat or decorated soldier and you'd be ridiculed by certain people.

Indeed I would. And I would hope that such ridicule would be based on its own merits, and not use Russia as a convenient boogeyman.

But wait, I thought we were all buddy-buddy with Russia these days? When did they go back to being "America's greatest enemy"?

It's so hard for us to keep track of Donald's allies and enemies; I can only imagine how difficult it must be for Donald to keep it all straight in his head... and for his followers to keep marching in step.

But then again, some people are considered to be "insulated" from ridicule while others are considered fair game. Equality, you know.

Ridicule is mankind's greatest weapon against willful ignorance, injustice, and institutionalized stupidity -- just ask Mr. Mark Twain.

[Humanity] has unquestionably one really effective weapon—laughter. Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution—these can lift at a colossal humbug—push it a little—weaken it a little, century by century; but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.

...all I ask it that it be used with a little finesse; not waved around like a pistol in the hands of a chimp.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see.
Then a person is only deserving of respect and is insulated from disrespect depending upon the views of each individual.
Of course - has it ever been otherwise?

Therefore, the president of the United States is open for mocking and ridicule while another person who served in the military is considered to be insulated from it.
The president, no matter which president, has always been open to mocking and ridicule - hopefully for what he as actually done. This president makes a habit of mocking and ridiculing people, even 16 year old girls, so why isn't it sauce for the gander?

If a person has served honorably in the military, then that should not be ridiculed and lied about. If you want to mock him, find something mockable.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Say what you did in post 101 about a democrat or decorated soldier and you'd be ridiculed by certain people. But then again, some people are considered to be "insulated" from ridicule while others are considered fair game. Equality, you know.
If a person behaves badly, why shouldn't he be ridiculed for it? The difference here is that Vindman didn't behave badly; he spent his career defending the nation yet this senator decided to question his loyalty and dedication on a stupid rumor easily debunked. If you want to ridicule him, find something truly ridiculous about him.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,983.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
To others besides Trump? Is that what you're asking?

No, I was asking if you feel the senators actions are OK because you believe the same sort of thing is happening to Trump? That was what I took from your statement.

You either believe people have the right to free speech, or you don't. If the leader of the free world isn't immune to criticism and slander, then nobody else is either.

Nobody is talking about free speech. That the senator has the right to say what she did is without question. What we are discussing here is that many of us she her actions as wrong and are using our free speech to say so. I'm asking if you she her actions as wrong or OK?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If the leader of the free world isn't immune to criticism and slander, then nobody else is either.

He isn't the leader of the free world, he's the leader of the United States of America. I live in part of the free world, and he isn't my leader.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Vindman is a foreign lobbyist in Army uniform. That’s not an insult. It’s a simple statement of fact.

If by 'simple statement of fact' you actually mean 'barefaced lie' then sure. Vindman is a US military lieutenant colonel and is not a lobbyist for anyone. Accusing him of lobbying for foreign interests is a dishonest smear attack on a veteran who deserves considerable better.

Frankly it appalls me how low you guys go sometimes. If you don't agree with someones political views or the things they say, then why not just disagree with them? Why this need to try and personally attack and smear everyone who dares to have a different opinion? Vindman bled for your country, and you think its ok to talk about him as if he's basically a traitor?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This president makes a habit of mocking and ridiculing people, even 16 year old girls, so why isn't it sauce for the gander?

Because the followers of this president tacitly agree that he doesn't possess the same strength of character as the aforementioned 16 year old girl... he must be protected at all costs, lest this truth be exposed.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,683.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed. There are too many problems posts.

Please note that the flaming rule has a change:
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF, or use nicknames to do so. A list of unacceptable names can be found here..

The use of "Trumper" is allowed because "NeverTrumpers" is allowed. First names are allowed and always have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: GACfan
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.