Sen. Hirono grills Amy Coney Barrett for describing sexual orientation as a ‘preference’

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if anyone else has thought about this. But I am suspecting that making the phrase "sexual preference" offensive to LGBT because they feel their sexual orientation isn't a choice is one more progressive step towards the normalization of pedophilia. Now hear me out. If sexual orientation isn't a choice, wouldn't pedophiles therefore fall into a protected class if they cannot control their sexual orientation towards children? Why or why not? What if the child consents?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/14/sexual-preference-coney-barrett-hirono/
Once we commit to sin we are a slave to it. Jesus came to set us free and free we are indeed. But if our house is cleaned of the demons and we let one come back in. He will bring some friends and our end will be twice as bad as our beginning.

Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All liberals have to do is lower the age of consent. It is not that hard. And about brain development, the progressive movement has already redefined and ignored enough science to convince the world there are more than two genders. What is it to ignore child brain development?
They are already advocating young children be encouraged to "change genders".

One year ago in the case of SEVEN year old James Younger, who is a perfectly normal happy boy with his father, while his mother dresses him up in dresses and calls him "Luna". She previously won an order that permitted her full medical authority to pursue hormones for this little boy, until a Judge overruled the jury giving custody to Mom and returned it to both parents. Awful case.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because when someone appointed by Trump says it it is more likely to carry the implication that homosexual orientation is 'nothing but a wicked lifestyle choice.'
What a bigoted statement. The words stand alone.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because when someone appointed by Trump says it it is more likely to carry the implication that homosexual orientation is 'nothing but a wicked lifestyle choice.'
As any sin it is a wicked lifestyle choice with a demon attached to it. And if we commit it we are a slave to it. Ask the klepto, fornicator or adulterer if they can help themselves.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
They can if the left legalized it.
In the US. the age of consent is a matter of state law. During the the 19th century it ranged generally from ten to twelve years and still tends to be lower in red states than blue. But it is thanks to Progressives that it was raised at all.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you then in favor of lowering the age of consent to ten years of age? Because your statement is exactly what I would expect from a pedophile apologist trying to pass legislation.
Sure.....why not 9? 8? 7? Etc.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure.....why not 9? 8? 7? Etc.
I can almost see it now, protest signs in front of the white house saying, "If you are old enough to decide your sexual orientation, you are old enough to consent."

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Ever hear of the Netflix original "Cuties"? It is insane! Heck, 5 years ago overtly sexualizing 11 year old girls would never have been tolerated. Now it is being praised by the left.
The movie is being "praised by the left" because it exposes the hypersexualization of young girls by religious conservatives. The same kind of thing happens in this country--think of Joan Benet Ramsey.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's fine when Joe Biden says it. But not fine when anyone appointed by Trump says it.

It's all about context. Joe Biden isn't a Republican, and has stated in very human terms why he supports rights for LGBT persons. Republicans, on the other hand, have made homophobia part of their platform for the last four years, and it is also part of the 2020 platform.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Exactly.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And pedophiles will tell you their perversion towards children isn't a choice and cannot control it.
They can believe whatever they want. The law explicitly protects children from abuse from adults. What I’m not really understanding is where this connection between homosexuality and pedophelia is coming from. The most common manifestation of pedophelia is older straight men being into younger girls. Older men hypersexualizing the innocence of young girls is as old as time.

So I believe it is only a matter of time before pedophiles become the new hero of the progressive left like "Kaitlyn Jenner" and start having their own pride month.
Caitlyn Jenner is a self professed lifelong Republican.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can’t stand them but have nothing against them. Pick one.
I was very clear on what i said. Sorry if i offended you but there is a difference between not liking gays and not liking the lgbt

Not liking gays would be wrong of me. I am called upon to love others and have compassion

The lgbt supports confusing kids about their gender and sexuality, amongst many other demonic things

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was very clear on what i said.

It was clear but contradictory as I indicated.

Sorry if i offended you but there is a difference between not liking gays and not liking the lgbt

A distinction without a difference. Much like saying one is fine with individual [insert group subject to bigotry here] but calling down scorn on that group collectively.

Not liking gays would be wrong of me. I am called upon to love others and have compassion

But would deny them employment if able to do so legally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Sexual preference" is archaic language at best. Depending on the context, it can be highly offensive (and I personally find the use of the term by VP Biden or the late justice Ginsberg's cringeworthy, but excusable due to them belonging to a generation where it commonly existed alongside pervasive homophobia). Sen. Hirono is within her rights to point out how Barret's use of language is problematic, to discern whether it indicates some relevant personal bias that would render her incapable of impartially judging a case involving LGBT persons.

When you find the LGB gene, I'll agree with you. Until then it's preferential, and unlike something like the color of ones skin, absolutely can change or at least doesn't have to be something everyone near you know about without making the choice to tell them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
This is more than enough. I don't need or want to see any more to know the level of filth and perversion.

It's actually not what you think. The movie is actually a critique on the very thing people think it glorifies. You don't have to watch it, but I'd suggest reading this to get a better understanding of what the movie was meant to be.

Watching the Outrage Over 'Cuties' as a Survivor of Pedophilia

The movie is like throwing live puppies in a deep fryer to bring attention to animal cruelty. It is sick, disturbing, and the only people who would enjoy watching it are pedophiles. But to the left, this perversion is "art".

You know what I find funny? For all the criticism the movie gets like that, dance competitions like this are very common in this country, and have been for some time. I'll never forget years ago, I went to this dance competition for the daughter of a family friend. I had to sit through two hours of girls dancing to various things, and while some of them were innocent enough, some of them...weren't.

I distinctly remember a dance number to a song called 'Honky Tonk Bodonkadonk'. Now, if you've never heard that song, I don't recommend looking it up, but...yeah, I probably can't link it here, I'll say that much.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There was a time when law explicitly prohibited gay marriage. So why would the left stop at statutory rape? As long as it is consensual of course.
Because at the same time laws that expressly protect children have been expanded. I don’t have any reason to believe there will be a sudden reversal of that trend.

And is still praised as a hero by the left. I don't see what his political affiliation has to do with anything.
You brought her up. Not sure what she has to do with anything mentioned in this thread but I thought I’d share that interesting tidbit.

Upvote 0

Skreeper

Jan 30, 2017
Germany
✟91,021.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Like California SB-145?

I think it's quite disgusting of you to imply that "the left" is working towards allowing sex with minors.

Do you think it would be fair if I were to say that "the right" is working towards killing all brown people?

You need to chill with your imaginary doomsday fantasies.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.