Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just finished reading My Beloved Holy Spirit by Andres Bisonni. The book was full of supernatural testimonies (baptism of the holy spirit, miraculous healings, demonic deliverance, conversion testimonies, evangelistic crusades, etc.). Mind blowing book.

May I make two suggestions.
1/ that you forget about all these amazing testimony books, iTunes,, etc etc and concentrate on one amazing book the Bible.
You want to meet God, so never mind stories of how other people have met God read what God is saying in the Bible.
Why read what someone else says about God when you can get his words direct from the Bible.

2/ there are people in your town who know God, and are active in serving him.
Yes most of them won't have dramatic conversion stories, then most Christians don't.
But they do know him and can help you.

Put it this way if you want to meet a girl, you don't talk to her friends and avoid her company do you.
If you want to encounter God you go where God has promised to be, with his people when they gather for worship and prayer.
Difficult with lockdown, are your local churches using online services, contact them and find out.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May I make two suggestions.
1/ that you forget about all these amazing testimony books, iTunes,, etc etc and concentrate on one amazing book the Bible.
You want to meet God, so never mind stories of how other people have met God read what God is saying in the Bible.
Why read what someone else says about God when you can get his words direct from the Bible.

That's a good point. But I don't think both things are mutually exclusive. You can read the Bible and watch/read testimonials at the same time. In fact, I'm doing that right now. And, oh man, you have to read the book of Acts, that book is full of supernatural accounts right and left.

2/ there are people in your town who know God, and are active in serving him.
Yes most of them won't have dramatic conversion stories, then most Christians don't.
But they do know him and can help you.

Put it this way if you want to meet a girl, you don't talk to her friends and avoid her company do you.
If you want to encounter God you go where God has promised to be, with his people when they gather for worship and prayer.
Difficult with lockdown, are your local churches using online services, contact them and find out.

But what about having a personal encounter with God while alone? Are you saying it is not possible?

Upvote 0

Allen of the Cross

Apr 25, 2020
Kentucky
Visit site
✟26,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is quite a long post, but I hope it encourages you.

Back in '17, I was getting into Chakras. I opened my bottom chakra, the "root" chakra. Chakras are spinning energy wheels that are lined up and down the spine. I read they can act like demonic portals into the body, though their exact nature is not certain to me. I had a vision of a snake crawling up my spinal cord, with my Chakras glowing. After the snake vision, I had visions of my other chakras opening, one by one. Everything then started glowing with a horribly bright white glow. Now, I had done all this without consulting one teacher online. I sought out the spirits' help. After later doing research, I come to the conclusion I had a Kundalini Awakening. Scary stuff.

Well, I saw this figure in my dreams. He - or it - was tall. He emitted darkness/shadow as a candle emits light. And he had two horns pointing straight into the air. I didn't see his - or its - face. And he assaulted me. For a week, I was assaulted non-stop. As soon as I saw this being I knew it was Satan, and I ran to God. Unfortunately, God was not interested in helping me. So I got my friend Jadon, who was a Christian at the time, who was also a prayer camp, to pray for me, and to get his buddies to pray for me, too.

The attacks went away really quickly after that. I'm about to get to the most exciting part, so stick with me.

After having experienced all of that, I came to the conclusion that God, as described in the bible, is the true God of the universe. I also realized I could have spiritual dreams. So what did I do with this information? I sought, and I knocked. For 6 to 8 months, I prayed and prayed, and prayed, for a dream from God. I had a couple in the time - they weren't that special. Mostly dreams, which weren't obviously from God, but I could tell were from God. Dreams steeped in metaphors and deep meanings. But I wanted more than that. So I kept knocking.

Finally, one night, as I was asleep in bed, and I was having the most vivid dream: i was sitting in this beach hut/bungalow, and I was looking out onto the beach, and I realized this was going to be a special dream. Suddenly, this man walks through the door. White hair. White beard. A smile of smiles. I felt so much peace and comfort wash over me. I felt so happy. It was God the Father, and He had come to visit me.

I have dreamed of God the Father so many times since then, and the Son, too. Though never the Holy Spirit. I am not even sure what seeing the Spirit in a dream would be like.

My latest dream was the greatest dream I've ever had, and likely, ever will. I went lucid. Okay, pause. When you go lucid in a dream (which means you are awake in a dream,) you can find a human - any human, any sex, etc - and talk to God through them. Just talk to them like they're God. If He is willing, He will respond. This can also work in real life though unless you are 100% certain God will respond, don't try it.

Now, back to my latest dream. So I went lucid, and i was seeking for someone to talk to God through, because I was desiring to see the Father deeply. And I walked and walked through this empty house, and found not one person. So I sighed and went back into deep sleep. Next thing I know, i'm sitting down in a dream. Then I notice two legs underneath mine - and they're wearing snow white raiment. And this feeling of knowing for sure what was going on hit me - i was sitting in the Father's lap. I.. was so astonished. It was the most beautiful dream I have ever had. It was so beautiful.

I understood before that, that I am a child of the Father, but to sit in His lap.. I often call Him, "Dad," now. Because He's not just "the" Father, He's "OUR" Father. And this revelation has been so exciting to me.

Well, that is my testimony. I pray it brings you hope. The moral of my story is this: if you want something, ask, seek, and knock. God bless you.

Reactions: TruthSeek3r
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks @Allen Clark for sharing your testimony in my thread. I appreciate it.

I have a few questions about the following part:

Well, I saw this figure in my dreams. He - or it - was tall. He emitted darkness/shadow as a candle emits light. And he had two horns pointing straight into the air. I didn't see his - or its - face. And he assaulted me. For a week, I was assaulted non-stop. As soon as I saw this being I knew it was Satan, and I ran to God. Unfortunately, God was not interested in helping me. So I got my friend Jadon, who was a Christian at the time, who was also a prayer camp, to pray for me, and to get his buddies to pray for me, too.

The attacks went away really quickly after that.
  1. You said you were assaulted by an entity (a demon or Satan himself) for a whole week non-stop. What do you mean by being assaulted? Can you describe that part a little bit more (if you don't mind, of course) ?
  2. You said "God was not interested in helping me". How did you come to that conclusion?
  3. If I understand correctly, you were dabbling into New Age practices, but as soon as you had this demon / Satan assaulting you, you immediately asked for help from Christians. Did you do that because you were already Christian at the time?

Upvote 0

Allen of the Cross

Apr 25, 2020
Kentucky
Visit site
✟26,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks @Allen Clark for sharing your testimony in my thread. I appreciate it.

I have a few questions about the following part:

1. You said you were assaulted by an entity (a demon or Satan himself) for a whole week non-stop. What do you mean by being assaulted? Can you describe that part a little bit more (if you don't mind, of course) ?
  2. You said "God was not interested in helping me". How did you come to that conclusion?
  3. If I understand correctly, you were dabbling into New Age practices, but as soon as you had this demon / Satan assaulting you, you immediately asked for help from Christians. Did you do that because you were already Christian at the time?
1. It was sexual in nature. I'm not sure how much detail I can give about it on here. It was brutal. My body would do things outside my control in my sleep, too. I have never experienced anything like it, before or after.
2. After much praying, I was still getting assaulted. I prayed the entire time but nothing happened. I should have said, "my prayers were ineffective." That would have been more accurate.
3. No. I knew beforehand that Satan was God's adversary.. I think most would agree that is common knowledge. I spent a couple of years in a baptist church, when i was growing up. So when I saw the devil, I figured the Christian God was real. And during that week of assault, I figured I needed to get help from the Christian God.

I also tried making "Holy Water," but that didn't do anything. It was the prayers of my friend and his friends that released me from that torment.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It was sexual in nature. I'm not sure how much detail I can give about it on here. It was brutal. My body would do things outside my control in my sleep, too. I have never experienced anything like it, before or after.

I don't think it would be appropriate to share explicit details on here. Nevertheless, based on what you said my best guess is that you were attacked by a succubus/incubus-type demon? Actually, although you didn't provide too much detail, your story reminded me a bit of a testimony I watched some time ago, which is among the most shocking testimonies I've ever watched to date:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But what about having a personal encounter with God while alone? Are you saying it is not possible

No it is not impossible, just that in meeting with other Christian, whether in church or as we have to currently on line.
One is putting oneself where God is active and has promised to meet with his people.

Going back to the trying to date a girl, you have far more success in getting a date by going to where girls are than waiting to meet one at your home.

Join a churches online services or fine an online alpha or Christianity explored course and seek God with others.

Upvote 0

Moonhart44

May 4, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
This is how i feel too. I crave a personal connection, well i mean i crave to hear him in a literal sense. I have been a part of many christian/catholic communities including church, and I have always felt a since of uneasiness in them. I am raised christian, and i have heard many testimonies of people seeing god, healing through the spirit, having dreams. I have prayed for many years and fasted a few times for this request. i have broken down in public begging to see him because of desperate times. I mostly want to have direct contact because I dont have many friends, and the ones that i do have are adamantly against it. I have also been persecuted by people for some reason for being christian and has left me feeling very invulnerable. maybe one day . . .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have reviewed this thread.

I am not at all surprised that you report no personal 'encounter'

Christianity is not a trip.

Unless you become as a little child you cannot enter the kingdom of God.

You are grasping for experience...

Better to pray for brokenness, humility, repentance...

There is no shortcut to Him.

You need to be born again.

You need to give up everything of yourself, your pride, you need to become nothing that He may become everything.

The way to truth is very narrow - if may take years rather than days.

Above all seek repentance.

Consider the following verse very seriously...

Heb 12:14
14Pursue peace with all men, as well as holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.

My journey to Him was long and hard...

Yes I have had direct encounters with Him but not without blood on my feet.

Stop the side show and seek repentance.

Get to a church and submit your search to those who already walk on the road.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have reviewed this thread.

I am not at all surprised that you report no personal 'encounter'

Christianity is not a trip.

Unless you become as a little child you cannot enter the kingdom of God.

You are grasping for experience...

Better to pray for brokenness, humility, repentance...

There is no shortcut to Him.

You need to be born again.

You need to give up everything of yourself, your pride, you need to become nothing that He may become everything.

The way to truth is very narrow - if may take years rather than days.

Above all seek repentance.

Consider the following verse very seriously...

Heb 12:14
14Pursue peace with all men, as well as holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.

My journey to Him was long and hard...

Yes I have had direct encounters with Him but not without blood on my feet.

Stop the side show and seek repentance.

Get to a church and submit your search to those who already walk on the road.

You are probably right, but ... how can I do this? I've been seriously considering looking for a church to receive assistance in my search from mature Christians, but given the current sanitary lockdowns, this will have to be postponed for a while ...

I want to share something. I've never done this before, but I really want to set aside several days, e.g. 3 or 4 days, for full-time praying, fasting and just not doing anything other than seeking God, with no distractions. I've never had the experience of doing something like that ever in my life, and I really want to do it. Jesus himself went to the desert for 40 days of full-time fasting and seeking God. Moreover, when some disciples were not able to cast out a demon from a boy, Jesus told them that they were not able to because of their lack of faith, but then he explained the faith necessary to cast out this kind of demons can only come by prayer and fasting. I also know several preachers and evangelists who testify about the importance of prayer and fasting for a successful spiritual walk with God.

The only issue is that it's extremely hard to find time to do it. To do it I would need 1) solitude and 2) free time. It is always the case that either I have some responsibilities taking away my free time or there is someone interfering that takes away the privacy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are probably right, but ... how can I do this? I've been seriously considering looking for a church to receive assistance in my search from mature Christians, but given the current sanitary lockdowns, this will have to be postponed for a while ...

This is a good move, be patient, it will come.

Regarding the possible fast, put an entry in your dairy like any other commitment and give it top priority.

Keep the dialogue going both these moves will assist the journey.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regarding the possible fast, put an entry in your dairy like any other commitment and give it top priority.

Easier said than done when you are super busy with a PhD. Really hard to find time. Add to that that I don't have solitude due to sharing the house with relatives, in the midst of a quarantine. Three or four days of full-time praying and fasting is something I really wish to experience but can only look at from a far distance. Hopefully one day circumstances will be such that I will have the chance to do it. But I don't know when that day will come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the iconoclast

Atheism is weak. Yep, I said it
Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Easier said than done when you are super busy with a PhD. Really hard to find time. Add to that that I don't have solitude due to sharing the house with relatives, in the midst of a quarantine. Three or four days of full-time praying and fasting is something I really wish to experience but can only look at from a far distance. Hopefully one day circumstances will be such that I will have the chance to do it. But I don't know when that day will come.

Hey hey :)

I'm curious. Do you have 100% faith, 100% hope and 100% love for Jesus? Have you accepted Him into your heart as your personal saviour?

Cheers

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
What do you mean by 100%? What would be an example of 50%, 80%, 90%, 95%, 99%?

I guess so? At least I've made the prayer several times.

Hey hey friend :)

Either you have or you have not. "I guess so" does not show faithfulness

If you asked me the same question I would answer "I have accepted Jesus into my heart. With all my mind, body and spirit. I know the voice of my shepherd."

You are looking for a personal experience you need to start a personal relationship with God through the Holy Spirit. Have you been baptized yet?

Ps
When I say 100% I mean complete faith with no blemishes or an inkling of doubt.

50% faith would suggest half doubt.
90% faith would suggest some doubt
99% faith would still suggest a hint of doubt.

Here is my testimony

I was in church many years ago, i was with 2 older ladies, we were praying together and i was having 'hands laid on me'. These women were Spirit filled.

All of a sudden i went into a vision. I had my eyes closed, slumped forward and in deep prayed. I was in a fixed state. I found myself soaring like a bird above the vast land. I could feel the wind and a sense of altitude - im scared of heights so i practically froze.

After what felt like minutes a mustered up the strength to look around and started to gain some form of comfort. I noticed an active volcano in the distance but did not think too much about it - dude im flying!!!

I started to realise i was heading straight for this spewing volcano and started to become concerned. I couldnt move my body or redirect my trajectory, I was trying to toss my body and do what ever i could. No good!

Just as i was about to hit the lava i cried out 'Jesus' (save me). Instantly i stopped yards from the lava, i can remember the sensation of heat and a sense of fatigue and relief. I was pulled up - like a beam or like invisible hands - and put back into the sky and continued to fly.

Once i started to fly again the 2nd last thing i saw, where hills amongst mountain tips with someform of ruins or old buildings.

Then suddenly 'my screen' was burned and i was presented with new surroundings. I saw 3 silhouettes of human like figures but the 2 outside ones were overlaped with the middle one - which was larger than the other 2.

There was fire everywhere. It seemed though i was standing in this fire with the 3. I could hear the crackle and sizzle of fire, all i could do was stare at the silhouette in front of me. I dont think i even blinked, it was speechless and frozen.

Then the fire started to simmer down and i 'came to'. The ladies looked concerned, their eyes were wide open with a look of shock. They asked me what happened and am i ok. I told them what happened casually and went back into the congression.

I was changed, i felt completely different in my mind. It felt like i had something in my heart and i knew how to orientate my heart to God.

I was given the Holy Spirit!!!

What you think?

Cheers

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Either you have or you have not. "I guess so" does not show faithfulness
I mean, I've asked Jesus to be my Savior, so theoretically I should say yes? I can only answer from the theory, because if you ask me to answer based on concrete experience, I don't know how to tell if that's actually the case or not.

If you asked me the same question I would answer "I have accepted Jesus into my heart. With all my mind, body and spirit. I know the voice of my shepherd."
I'm afraid I can't say the same. I would be lying to you if I told you that I can hear the voice of God or anything like that.

You are looking for a personal experience you need to start a personal relationship with God through the Holy Spirit. Have you been baptized yet?
Are you talking about water baptism or the baptism in the Holy Spirit? Anyways, in both cases I'm afraid the answer is no.

Here is my testimony
What you think?
That's awesome. Thank you very much for sharing your testimony in my thread.

Upvote 0

the iconoclast

Feb 10, 2015
✟39,361.00
Country
Burkina Faso
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I mean, I've asked Jesus to be my Savior, so theoretically I should say yes? I can only answer from the theory, because if you ask me to answer based on concrete experience, I don't know how to tell if that's actually the case or not.

Hey hey and thank you for you honesty and polite replies :)

So you have answered in a way that relates to the theory of a subject or area of study rather than its practical application.

So we have encountered one issue with what you desire. You seem to lack trust and conviction in your own request.

When you accept/invite Jesus into your heart it must be done with conviction. It's called a leap of faith for a reason.

Wanna know more ask? :)

I'm afraid I can't say the same. I would be lying to you if I told you that I can hear the voice of God or anything like that.

Hehe... when I suggest I hear the voice of my Shepard that eludes to a verse where Jesus tells the pharisees they cannot be His sheep.

John 10:1-11 NIV

“Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice.

He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

It's more to do with recognizing Jesus as salvation then hearing voices in you head. For me, I read the Word and knew instantly that I was reading the words of my Lord. :)

Please ask anything you like?

Are you talking about water baptism or the baptism in the Holy Spirit? Anyways, in both cases I'm afraid the answer is no.

Water baptism.

As shown in John 10;1-11 there is a right and proper way to come to God. On His terms and not the way you may like to do things.

Would you be willing to get baptized, renounce your own ways and take up the cross?

What are you willing to do to get the proof, are you willing to do things His way and wait patiently?

When I first became Christian I was not looking for a sign to prove God existed. I had conviction it was the case, i even prayed to God not to send me any Angel's, because I was scared to meet one. :D

Eventually I got what God wanted to give me but that took years of devotion.

That's awesome. Thank you very much for sharing your testimony in my thread.

You are most welcome and thank you for treating it with respect. :)

Cheers

Upvote 0