✟182,378.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Tone,

If you go to my profile page and select Postings at the bottom select all threads and then go the beginning of page 2 you'll find the first 3 posts I posted which is the ones I referenced above.

Let me know if you can't find them...

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. Just a quick update: I've been watching some astonishing testimonies lately I'd like to share with you:
After watching all of these testimonies and reviewing some previous astonishing ones, I'm a little bit in a state of shock. I'll keep seeking God. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
This might hit you like a brick or knock you for six, I don't know: but as a believer, you will stop looking for experience and start to recognize where God's chastening is leading.

It's good that you see the link between experience and faith, that it has importance to God, but it is a sign of maturity not to need those encounters more than you are chastened by God, to do what is right.

You are basically the ideal sinner: no one has to tell you that believing is important, you want the transformation,, but as you rightly point out, you could just as easily choke, if you are not careful.

My brother Richard was right to offer to pray with you (I will pray for you, when I am in the sanctuary myself).

My brother Carl was right to quote John 20:29

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This might hit you like a brick or knock you for six, I don't know: but as a believer, you will stop looking for experience and start to recognize where God's chastening is leading.

It's good that you see the link between experience and faith, that it has importance to God, but it is a sign of maturity not to need those encounters more than you are chastened by God, to do what is right.

You are basically the ideal sinner: no one has to tell you that believing is important, you want the transformation,, but as you rightly point out, you could just as easily choke, if you are not careful.

My brother Richard was right to offer to pray with you (I will pray for you, when I am in the sanctuary myself).

My brother Carl was right to quote John 20:29

But at least we can expect to undergo the supernatural experience of being filled with the Holy Spirit and feel the presence of God, right? I know many testimonies reporting that this is actually possible. I really like Paul Washer's testimony and preaching about this:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
It's the same as the teaching for Buddhists: yes, there is enlightenment, but that should not be the goal.

You have a fire for it, I get that - I am just trying to point out where you might lose the fire if you are not careful.

It would be wise to ask God, for wisdom concerning supernatural encounters.

(Also you might want to look up "Swedenborg" about talking with angels, to give your expectations perspective?)

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Truthseek3r, glad you are a believer in Jesus..Appreciate your honesty. t's natural to be drawn to the supernatural. When you became His, a Godly supernatural happened. ."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." II Cor 5:17. That's pretty drastic. That includes having His peace Jesus said "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:23. Plus the Bible is filled with what is available to us as His sons and daughters because of Him.

Samuel Jacobsen and his niece wanted the truth, Jeff Morgan and his family wanted freedom and peace, Colton Little was drawn to a light that was good and gave him hope, and Leah Legare wanted truth, freedom, and peace. She particularly expresses being a new creature in Christ. Noticed they all pursue Him especially stated by Paul Washer and they study His Word.

It's great that you are living in holiness, listening to Christian music and sermons, and praying. You want Him and a relationship with Him. Worshiping Him is related to thanksgiving and praise but unique. We're all different and He knows what we need and when Encourage you to continue to pursue Him and trust Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. An update:

Still in the process of seeking a personal encounter with God. The last few days though I think I've started to feel like "more alive inside" and with a bigger hunger for finding God and knowing the Truth. As always, I've been watching more testimonies too. Below are some of them:

Strong conversion testimonies:
Testimonies about Spiritual Warfare and Demons:
Testimonies about healing, holy spirit and other Christian spiritual experiences:

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟788,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You might be interested in 2 forums for followers of Jesus who believe in the manifestation of the spiritual gifts including tongues and others aren't suppose to post in those areas. On the forums page, 'the 'Spiritual Growth" forum then click. "'Spiritual Gifts." There's also a subforum "Sign Gifts" available.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update: I'm gathering, tagging and ranking all testimonies I watch here. Feel free to check them out. I would highly recommend watching the top testimonies of the list, they are by far among the most astonishing testimonies I've ever watched.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
This is an impressive, effort.

I still think you need to focus on what sort of spiritual experience you are going to need, going into the future.

God might take you, a moment after allowing you to have a supernatural experience, but I doubt that is His plan?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is an impressive, effort.

I still think you need to focus on what sort of spiritual experience you are going to need, going into the future.

God might take you, a moment after allowing you to have a supernatural experience, but I doubt that is His plan?

As far as I understand, I definitely need to experience the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit. I don't remember the passages in the Bible right know but I'm pretty sure the Bible says we need to seek the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit. Update: never mind, I found a couple passages about it:

Luke 11: 9-13
Ephesians 5: 18-20
Matthew 3: 13
By the way, I found another astonishing testimony, this time precisely about the baptism of the Holy Spirit over a Jewish woman. I encourage you to watch it, the testimony is incredible:

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update: day 23 of seeking God. Still haven't had a personal encounter with Him but I know from other testimonies that it can take a while, so I'm still motivated and persevering. As always, I've been watching more testimonies, and people, the last few days I've come across some testimonies which are just unbelievably impressive, incredibly jaw-opening. But instead of spamming links here, I would rather invite whoever is reading this to watch the top 10 testimonies of this list.

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
As far as I understand, I definitely need to experience the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit. I don't remember the passages in the Bible right know but I'm pretty sure the Bible says we need to seek the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit. Update: never mind, I found a couple passages about it:

Luke 11: 9-13
Ephesians 5: 18-20
Matthew 3: 13
By the way, I found another astonishing testimony, this time precisely about the baptism of the Holy Spirit over a Jewish woman. I encourage you to watch it, the testimony is incredible:

Yes, but as you say yourself: the Holy Spirit is relevant to the experience.

I would say this was true, but I have found something truer, viz., that what you receive albeit partially through experience of the Holy Spirit, is the Holy Spirit.

The map is not the destination, in anything other than justification of the Law (by which you find the destination - not another map).

At some point: your spiritual experience will have the purpose of saving others - I suggest you fix your mind, on that (at least pray about it, anyway - saving others, I mean: there isn't much time!)

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure how to tell if I am. Would you mind elaborating?

No, right now I'm looking to have a personal encounter with God while seeking him in prayer in the privacy of my room.

Yeah, I think it would be great to meet with and have the support of people in real life who have had supernatural encounters with God and who are filled with the Holy Spirit, but it's not easy to find people like that unfortunately.

I agree with some good posts made in this thread - although I didn't read every one.

I will share with you a few things.

I spoke with a very good Christian (and seriously knowledgeable) Christian man when I was first interested in the Christian faith.

I was coming from Islam, and I had questions about Jesus as Savior because I felt something was missing in Islam when Jesus was there and called Messiah yet without much use and not very Messiah-like so I wanted to understand the Christian view and what Messiah meant.

God sent a person to me who had the ability to answer my questions and fill my need.

I spent a couple years arguing it all out, learning about this other God etc etc. then two years unable to understand Christ's work on the cross, so I let it rest for a while, unable to follow either Islam or Christianity by this time, knowing I just couldn't understand the concept of Jesus's sacrifice - regardless of how often it was explained.

So I stopped looking. Just stopped everything for a while, knowing there was a God but lost on who God was exactly.

People prayed for me during this time, good solid Christians prayed daily for my soul.

So as you see, before I came to experience God I first learned, then had a reasonable acceptance but just wasn't quite there yet, plus I also prayed and others prayed for me.

Then and only then, was I visited by the Angel of the Lord in a dream who completed my understanding of Christ.

Once I had a fullness of understanding I gave my life over to God in absolute belief and assurance, and after that I was filled with the Spirit of God who walks with me daily now, and I grow in the Spirit day by day.

My advice to you is this, surround yourself with good believing Christians - in real life. Attend Church, learn about the nature of God and the nature of salvation and what it all means. (My personal choice would be a solid Presbyterian church to begin, but of course you need to be the one choosing.)

You will not encounter God until you have a full understanding of Him.

Paul Washer is one of my favourite pastors. Good choice there!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update: day 31. Still no answers. Feeling depressed. Backsliding into existential crisis. Not knowing what to do. Trapped in a paradoxical situation: On the one hand, there are tons of testimonies reporting the existence of a spiritual realm, some of them being just utterly mind-blowing (I invite the reader to take the time to thoroughly watch the top 10-15 testimonies of this ranking). On the other hand, 31 days have gone by already and nothing has happened. Depression. Sadness. What to do next?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friend,

My journey was years not days.

There is no shortcut to God or formulas.

We can encourage but you must come on His terms and timing not your own.

It is generally in brokenness He is found.

It is not like window shopping with limited time and resources.

He wants all and the call has always been the same... follow Me.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Friend,

My journey was years not days.

There is no shortcut to God or formulas.

We can encourage but you must come on His terms and timing not your own.

It is generally in brokenness He is found.

It is not like window shopping with limited time and resources.

He wants all and the call has always been the same... follow Me.

If I'm seeking a personal encounter with God, what is the correct way to handle long periods of silence, where there seems to be no answer from God?

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update: Day 40. Been seeking a personal encounter with God all along. Still no answer. Specifically I've been praying for the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is a supernatural and powerful experience intended for born-again Christians according to the New Testament. No answer yet. In my seeking so far, I've gone through periods of encouragement and motivation and periods of depressive frustration. Sometimes I have the feeling that the spirit realm is unwilling to "give me direct and unquestionable evidence" of its existence, and this includes both the good and the evil sides of the spirit realm, as if I were being subjected to a "spirit realm evidence" starvation in order to test my faith, which if so is proving to be quite challenging for me due to my agnostic and skeptic background (feel free to read my previous posts for more details). One the one hand, I know tons of testimonies reporting the existence of a spirit realm, which is tremendously encouraging, but on the other hand I've never had a personal experience myself (to date), at all, even during these 40 days of seeking God, which unfortunately has a very discouraging effect. It's a sort of paradoxical situation. So there is this inner mental battle between knowing tons of testimonies fueling me with hope to seek a personal encounter with God, understanding from others' testimonies that this is actually, REALLY possible, but at the same time being completely starved from spiritual experiences at all and therefore being tempted to backslide to my old skeptical and agnostic way of thinking. Not sure if I will eventually be able to break through and overcome this apparent deadlock. Any concrete advice here will be deeply appreciated.

Anyways ... for encouragement of myself and any one who is reading this and who is seeking a personal encounter with God too, let me share below a few testimonies which I find very encouraging:

1) Testimonies of seeking God for long periods (e.g. months) without answer ... until eventually ... the answer comes:

2) Encouraging testimonies of the baptism of the Holy Spirit:

Jewish girl filled with Holy Spirit & speak in tougue..Rare Lovely Testimony

Upvote 0