Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi. New to this forum. I just want to share with others my desire to have a personal encounter with God. To very briefly introduce the context and motivation of my search, I think it basically reduces to a combination of 1) me having several episodes of existential crisis (being agnostic, not knowing the purpose of life, not being able to successfully build an "artificial purpose" to motivate myself either), 2) watching tons of testimonies about the existence of a spiritual world (testimonies from the new age, witchcraft, occultism, psychic powers, reiki, psychedelics, ayahuasca, DMT, astral projection, remote viewing, spirit guides, paranormal activities, also testimonies about the Holy Spirit, God, Jesus, etc.), and particularly 3) watching testimonies of people who were once involved in occultist practices and due to different life circumstances ended up finding Jesus and becoming Christians, having supernatural experiences both before and after their conversions. Here are some example testimonies of point 3 available on YouTube (some of them uploaded very recently actually):
So basically I've watched many testimonies as the ones linked above and more, and I got to the point that I just needed to make up my mind and start seriously seeking God by myself in order to have my own personal encounter with him. Because, no matter how impressive others' testimonies are and no matter the potentially overwhelming amount of testimonies I could watch, at the end of the day all testimonies are just anecdotal information that I'm storing in my brain, but if I don't experience or live anything by myself, all this information will be useless.

So, long story short, about a week ago I began to seek God everyday in prayer, asking Him to concede me a personal encounter with Him that would change my life forever. My "seeking plan" comprises the following points:
  1. Living in holiness as much as I can (not giving in to sinful urges, avoiding worldly things, purifying my thoughts and actions the best I can, etc.)
  2. Listening to Christian music.
  3. Praying, specially at night when there is more privacy.
  4. In particular, when praying one of the main points I stubbornly stress almost all the time is that I want to have a personal encounter with God.
  5. Continuing watching testimonies, sermons and other materials to keep me engaged and motivated to keep seeking.
So far, the main "highlight" of my seeking process so far is that a couple of times I've been able to experience what I would call as "moments of intense fervor in prayer", I mean, moments in which I became very emotional during prayer, even to the point of crying, feeling deep inside a very deep desire from the bottom of my heart to find God (for instance, a few nights ago I remember praying in my mind something along the lines of "Oh God, how beautiful it would be if I just could find you and live the rest of my life in deep communion with you ..." while experiencing intense fervor and having tears in my eyes at the same time). I'm not always able to achieve such level of fervor while praying, as I said it has only happened a couple of times, only lasting for relatively short time spans each time, but I try to take these experiences as little glimpses of what may eventually lay ahead if I keep seeking God everyday non-stop.

I'm afraid though that days may go by and I could lose motivation and quit seeking God prematurely. To prevent this from happening, I try to motivate myself to keep going by watching testimonies of people who testify having had personal encounters with God. One of the testimonies that motivates me the most is Paul Washer's, in which he says he prayed every night for months without success, until eventually God visited him. Check it out:

So basically that's it. Based on tons of testimonies from all around the world I've come to a point in which I have a very strong suspicion that the spiritual realm does exist, and in particular I've felt moved by very strong conversion testimonies to seek God myself. Right now I'm in the middle of this seeking, with the hope that God will eventually reveal himself to me and my life will change forever.

I would love to receive feedback from others.
I hope to post updates here from time to time.

Thank you very much.

--------------------------

Update: you can find all testimonies I've watched in this link (work in progress). The testimonies are ranked from most impressive to less impressive. The top 10 testimonies are just unbelievably astonishing.

You are on a journey my friend, and one that will change you forever, but it is not something that will happen overnight, I sense that you are looking to have a personal encounter with God to prove to yourself it is or is not real. My suggestion to you is this: Just believe. Ask God to grant you repentance, and the ability to seek after His face while you still can.

I noticed that you posted something about Paul Washer, and made a lot of references to reformed theology. You are on a good path my friend. I suggest reading scripture more then watching sermons for now. Scripture says:

Hebrews 1:1-2
Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets,
2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

We see that Jesus is the Word of God:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Do not confuse this with Jesus being the bible, for in fact He is not however the bible are Jesus' Words, and this is how we hear back from Him.

So my suggestion is while you are in constant prayer, you are likewise, in constant reading of the Word.

I will Pray for you, as the bible says this: Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are on a journey my friend, and one that will change you forever, but it is not something that will happen overnight, I sense that you are looking to have a personal encounter with God to prove to yourself it is or is not real. My suggestion to you is this: Just believe. Ask God to grant you repentance, and the ability to seek after His face while you still can.

It's more than just "curiosity" for knowing whether God is real or not. If God reveals himself to me, my whole existence will never be the same. Everything will change, the event will have repercussions in pretty much everything in my life. So it's more than just "gaining experiential information" that God is real. Of course the experience will allow me to confirm my long held suspicions, I'm not denying it, but there is much more to it than just that.

• Agree
Reactions: SeamusDelion
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just watched the testimony of Steve Hill, commonly known for the Brownsville Revival. I'm just ... speechless. His testimony is just mind blowing. Check it out:

Steve Hill - true encounter with God

Steve Hill | It's Supernatural with Sid Roth | Spiritual Avalanche

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sharing testimonies from former ghost hunters. These testimonies are awesome because they show you that paranormal phenomena happen and are demonic in nature, but also they show you that everything changes when we turn to Jesus.

Testimony of Ghost Hunters Turned Christian!!!

Denise Roach: Ex New Ager & Ghost Hunter Turned To Jesus Christ! (mirror)

Testimony of Ex-Paranormal Investigator

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sharing below now a few testimonies from former Satanists. The first two are very powerful. I hope they are a blessing to someone else (for more testimonies remember I'm collecting them in this link):

Ex-Satanist Gideon Mulenga - Set Free by Jesus! (Powerful Testimony)

Ex Satan Worshipper John Ramirez Testimony

Ex Satanist Comes To Church And Experiences The Power Of God

Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sharing two new astonishing testimonies. The first one involves deliverance from a demon, eye witnessed by a second person. The second one involves demons and paranormal activity.

#Jesus is real and demons are scared of Him - "hat man" encounters

Jesus Christ Saves New Age Witches Like Me: Testimony Part 2// Sleep Paralysis & Demonic Attacks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matthew C.

Jul 10, 2020
Abilene
✟6,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. New to this forum. I just want to share with others my desire to have a personal encounter with God. To very briefly introduce the context and motivation of my search, I think it basically reduces to a combination of 1) me having several episodes of existential crisis (being agnostic, not knowing the purpose of life, not being able to successfully build an "artificial purpose" to motivate myself either), 2) watching tons of testimonies about the existence of a spiritual world (testimonies from the new age, witchcraft, occultism, psychic powers, reiki, psychedelics, ayahuasca, DMT, astral projection, remote viewing, spirit guides, paranormal activities, also testimonies about the Holy Spirit, God, Jesus, etc.), and particularly 3) watching testimonies of people who were once involved in occultist practices and due to different life circumstances ended up finding Jesus and becoming Christians, having supernatural experiences both before and after their conversions. Here are some example testimonies of point 3 available on YouTube (some of them uploaded very recently actually):
So basically I've watched many testimonies as the ones linked above and more, and I got to the point that I just needed to make up my mind and start seriously seeking God by myself in order to have my own personal encounter with him. Because, no matter how impressive others' testimonies are and no matter the potentially overwhelming amount of testimonies I could watch, at the end of the day all testimonies are just anecdotal information that I'm storing in my brain, but if I don't experience or live anything by myself, all this information will be useless.

So, long story short, about a week ago I began to seek God everyday in prayer, asking Him to concede me a personal encounter with Him that would change my life forever. My "seeking plan" comprises the following points:
  1. Living in holiness as much as I can (not giving in to sinful urges, avoiding worldly things, purifying my thoughts and actions the best I can, etc.)
  2. Listening to Christian music.
  3. Praying, specially at night when there is more privacy.
  4. In particular, when praying one of the main points I stubbornly stress almost all the time is that I want to have a personal encounter with God.
  5. Continuing watching testimonies, sermons and other materials to keep me engaged and motivated to keep seeking.
So far, the main "highlight" of my seeking process so far is that a couple of times I've been able to experience what I would call as "moments of intense fervor in prayer", I mean, moments in which I became very emotional during prayer, even to the point of crying, feeling deep inside a very deep desire from the bottom of my heart to find God (for instance, a few nights ago I remember praying in my mind something along the lines of "Oh God, how beautiful it would be if I just could find you and live the rest of my life in deep communion with you ..." while experiencing intense fervor and having tears in my eyes at the same time). I'm not always able to achieve such level of fervor while praying, as I said it has only happened a couple of times, only lasting for relatively short time spans each time, but I try to take these experiences as little glimpses of what may eventually lay ahead if I keep seeking God everyday non-stop.

I'm afraid though that days may go by and I could lose motivation and quit seeking God prematurely. To prevent this from happening, I try to motivate myself to keep going by watching testimonies of people who testify having had personal encounters with God. One of the testimonies that motivates me the most is Paul Washer's, in which he says he prayed every night for months without success, until eventually God visited him. Check it out:

So basically that's it. Based on tons of testimonies from all around the world I've come to a point in which I have a very strong suspicion that the spiritual realm does exist, and in particular I've felt moved by very strong conversion testimonies to seek God myself. Right now I'm in the middle of this seeking, with the hope that God will eventually reveal himself to me and my life will change forever.

I would love to receive feedback from others.
I hope to post updates here from time to time.

Thank you very much.

--------------------------

Update: you can find all testimonies I've watched in this link (work in progress). The testimonies are ranked from most impressive to less impressive. The top 10 testimonies are just unbelievably astonishing.

Have you ever asked the Lord Jesus Christ To come in to your heart to be your Lord and Savior?
  • “I love those who love me, and those who diligently seek me will find me. Proverbs 8:17
  • But from there, you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29
  • So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. Luke 11:9-10
  • ‘You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

Upvote 0