U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok so secular music, christian music. This is what i will be sharing my thoughts and truths on.
A christian is not bound to limit themselves to only Christian music. Most christian music sucks anyways. There are so many talented brilliant musicians that we would be missing out on if we put ourselves in this religious box and limitation. God created every note so ANY music can be used for good in the christians life- even to worship him. I worship God to lots of EDM and it is not under a christian label. ANd belive me God loves that. God loves good music and so do i. DO not be stuck on lables. That is just religous and limiting. PS even music labled as christian can be demonic. SO listen at your discretion and also listen to your own taste. I am currently listening to underground hip hop and rnb hybrids like Teflon Sega, Darci, jayen and district. And i adore juice wrld. As a person and as an artist. One of his songs "Flaws and Sins" is amazing!!! Its not labeled as christian but might as well be bcuz its such a beautifully written song. And has some spiritual elements to it. Please share your thoughts.

Last edited:

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ok so secular music, christian music. This is what i will be sharing my thoughts and truths on.
A christian is not bound to limit themselves to only Christian music. Most christian music sucks anyways. There are so many talented brilliant musicians that we would be missing out on if we put ourselves in this religious box and limitation. God created every note so ANY music can be used for good in the christians life- even to worship him. I worship God to lots of EDM and it is not under a christian label. ANd belive me God loves that. God loves good music and so do i. DO not be stuck on lables. That is just religous and limiting. PS even music labled as christian can be demonic. SO listen at your discretion and also listen to your own taste. I am currently listening to underground hip hop and rnb hybrids like Teflon Sega, Darci, jayen and district. And i adore juice wrld. As a person and as an artist. One of his songs "Flaws and Sins" is amazing!!! Its not labeled as christian but might as well be bcuz its such a beautifully written song. And has some spiritual elements to it. Please share your thoughts.

God inspires art a lot of times to inspire our subconscious minds into dreams and ideas (mental visions). Satan also does inspire some. I think we have to look at it as to what is the general message. Is it good or can we say it is evil. We have to ultimately decide.

I don't think we should isolate from the world. There is plenty of music out there that isn't evil.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are three kinds of things that you can eat,
  1. something nutritional,
  2. something toxic, or
  3. candy (which is neither).
The deceptive part about candy is that even though it isn't toxic, you could still starve to death, if it displaced all intake of nutritional food.

One's musical diet is the same way (particularly, with regard to lyrics).

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
O PS even music labled as christian can be demonic. SO listen at your discretion

I agree. I think there's a lot of Christian music where the lyrics doesn't agree with Biblical teachings. The danger of such music is that it is far more deceitful than secular music....

At least you know what secular music are for what they are. Although any music with "coded lyrics" is also very dangerous.

Reactions: well hey
Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree. I think there's a lot of Christian music where the lyrics doesn't agree with Biblical teachings. The danger of such music is that it is far more deceitful than secular music....

At least you know what secular music are for what they are. Although any music with "coded lyrics" is also very dangerous.
There is SO much music under the christian label that is not BIBLICAL. on the other hand my favorite worship singer is amanda cook. She has an amazing voice and awesome lyrics (that really strengthen the soul)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God inspires art a lot of times to inspire our subconscious minds into dreams and ideas (mental visions). Satan also does inspire some. I think we have to look at it as to what is the general message. Is it good or can we say it is evil. We have to ultimately decide.

I don't think we should isolate from the world. There is plenty of music out there that isn't evil.

Often, before I fall asleep, I would hear music I've never heard before, totally original / unidentified composition. Often in the jazz or soft rock genre and sometimes, 40's / 50's "oldies" genre.

Beautiful music. If only I could remember them by lyrics and notes, I could probably compose my own music!

So unfortunate, the mind has poor memory retention during the states prior to falling asleep. Music from a parallel universe? Who knows!

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
It is up to the individual to judge for themselves. If secular music invokes negative emotions and such then perhaps it is best for them to drop it themselves. However, just because they get negative emotions from it that doesn't mean everybody else does too. People react to different forms of art in different ways. It's why art, music included, is so subjective.

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I actually like listening to top 100 billboard pop music, eeek! They have all sorts of pop, rnb, hip hop, electronic/dance, and country music.
check out Darci if you like hip-hop/RnB hybrid music!!!

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Often, before I fall asleep, I would hear music I've never heard before, totally original / unidentified composition. Often in the jazz or soft rock genre and sometimes, 40's / 50's "oldies" genre.

Beautiful music. If only I could remember them by lyrics and notes, I could probably compose my own music!

So unfortunate, the mind has poor memory retention during the states prior to falling asleep. Music from a parallel universe? Who knows!

I think I've experienced the same thing.

• Optimistic
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Woah. Same thing happens to me, and its upsetting that I cant remember it. Although if i trully wanted it, I could wake up, grab my phone, and record what I heard in my mind.

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
PS some of the music I worship God to is Blackmill, an edm producer. He makes the most beautiful music on earth. Seriously. I told this to a christian before and they were completely dumb about it. But they were a religous freak so it doesnt matter I dont care

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A christian is not bound to limit themselves to only Christian music.

That is true. I have a hard time enjoying secular music with lyrics. And I know, not everything is vulgar, but ever since my mid-teens, after I came to the faith, I had always seen lyrics without explicitly glorifying God as trash. If it isn't instrumental, I wouldn't listen to it. I am still sort of that way. All that I ever wanted to listen to was Christian music.

Most christian music sucks anyways

I believe most contemporary Christian music is trash (the sound and the lyrics). However, there are other genres that I prefer listening to. I was never really into rap/hip-hop in my life until some five years ago when I discovered solid, enjoyable, Christian artists like Shai Linne, Timothy Brindle, et al. For a while now, I haven't been listening to much contemporary Christian music, more like investing my ears to congregational psalmody and traditional hymns; I've started a project of creating my own.

There are so many talented brilliant musicians that we would be missing out on...God created every note so ANY music can be used for good in the christians life- even to worship him.

I agree, there is so much good music out there that isn't necessarily religious in nature. One of my favorite genre of music is classical, and you cannot tell me that God is not glorified in Chopin's Nocturne Opus 9 No. 2, or in Paganini Caprice no. 5, or all six parts of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos. The first musician may have been a son of Cain (Gen. 4:21), but God has given music as a gift to all men for his glory and our enjoyment.

I worship God to lots of EDM and it is not under a christian label.

Well, I suppose we are all different. I enjoy certain sub-genres of EDM, but it is not easy for me to be able to see God honored with most of it.

I personally, other than Classical and Jazz, enjoy underground music, the kind of stuff that isn't mainstream. I really enjoy foreign music, Jpop/Jrock and Kpop (I figure if I cannot understand, the lyrics aren't meaningful to me, although I wouldn't recommend it to others haha). But, other than classical, I really enjoy certain underground artists like Kondor, Michita, Nujabes, Blazo, etc. With an anime-past, I happen to enjoy anime soundtracks (usually instrumental if the lyrics are in English).

I try to be careful, though, because not everything glorifies God. I also don't believe every kind of music is always good. As a friend of mine at church, and a former boss of mine years ago, have told me I believe: some music was created with an intention to make you feel a certain way, and that certain feeling isn't always appropriate. Before I was saved I was heavy into Metal (mainly Death Metal), but I cannot see any room for me to enjoy music like that anymore, nor can I see it glorifying God. I went to a Disciple concert once, and I did not understand anything they were saying, but my friends figure it was okay to listen to because they are Christian and they make mention of "Christian" things. Yeah...I don't see how with my mind how God is glorified with distorted sounds and sometimes screaming. Some genres are just not good.

Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are three kinds of things that you can eat,
  1. something nutritional,
  2. something toxic, or
  3. candy (which is neither).
The deceptive part about candy is that even though it isn't toxic, you could still starve to death, if it displaced all intake of nutritional food.

One's musical diet is the same way (particularly, with regard to lyrics).
Wow. I agree with you 100 percent. Thats why i need to take breaks from my rnb hip hop and either have silent background or somthing spiritually nutritional. I feel so blessed that all of you are enlightened to this...ive had so bad experience with othet belivers and thier judgment of me

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes i agree with you about the metal. Death metal is not good and obviously satanic. I used to be a big time metal head(like bigtime) and i havent listened to any genre of rock music in years. I just dont like it anymore. I like the smoothness and crystal clear sounds edm makes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes i agree with you about the metal. Death metal is not good and obviously satanic. I used to be a big time metal head(like bigtime) and i havent listened to any genre of rock music in years. I just dont like it anymore. I like the smoothness and crystal clear sounds edm makes

Well... Is Death Metal in itself satanic, even with bible based lyrics? If yes, How did you come to that conclusion?

• Agree
Reactions: MariaJLM
Upvote 0

well hey

little.soul
Mar 24, 2014
U.S
✟23,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well... Is Death Metal in itself satanic, even with bible based lyrics? If yes, How did you come to that conclusion?
it has an agressive dark instrumentation that can be discouraging. Xtian metal bands For Today are a bit better than xtain death metal imo

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is SO much music under the christian label that is not BIBLICAL.
OR - not according to what your own understanding of "Biblical" is.

Remember, no matter what doctrinal camp you fall in, you pretty much have a minority opinion.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Woah. Same thing happens to me, and its upsetting that I cant remember it. Although if i trully wanted it, I could wake up, grab my phone, and record what I heard in my mind.

Can't believe that others have the same experience! This is good news! Thought I'm going nuts!

Kinda weird, I just recently watched Lego 2 move. Something the queen said in the film "music is what holds the planets together". Plenty of references to the Matrix film! I've actually heard other things than music but nothing alien just people talking on radio. Many of the strangely having 1940's to 70's accents. Often just a few words like "hello" "anyone out there" or sometimes, I hear short coded messages in what sounded like computer generated speech and repeating. A bit creepy to be honest.

Upvote 0