Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So back when I used to listen to secular music, some of the stuff I used to listen to were: Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Delain, The Birthday Massacre, Alice In Chains, Black Sabbath, and Blue Oyster Cult. The problems with those bands is they all had Satanic songs with Satanic lyrics and if possible, I would like to find Christian bands that sound like the bands I mentioned, except the Christian bands would have Godly lyrics in the songs, not the Satanic ones. So would any of you guys happen to know some Christian bands or singers that sound like the secular bands I mentioned above? Thanks in advance. God bless!

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It is hard to find Christian rock bands that do not promote anti Christian values. The closest Rock band I can think of is the metal band Stryper. They have a lot of anti devil and Christian promoting lyrics but are not a Christian band in the sense that they are Christians themselves. In fact the lead singer from the band has stated several times in interviews that they are not a Christian rock band but that they wanted to change rock music and the metal genre because it was too satanic for them.

They have a good beat and their lyrics are good in the sense that they're not promoting sin or anti Christian values so I'd check them out on Spotify if you don't mind them not being Christians and just want a change in rock music.

As for rock music from actual Christians your choices are limited because of the recent trends over the last 50 years. Many rock bands claim to be Christians yet have bad lyrics that promote abortion or sex or homosexuality. Many of them also openly participate in Adult entertainment or movies which to me is just a no no. I just try to stay away from the Christian rock genre myself because most of the "Chriistians" in the bands are hypocrites. But the same can be said by a lot of popular Christian music in itself these days and not just Christian rock in particular.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nmeckert
Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is hard to find Christian rock bands that do not promote anti Christian values. The closest Rock band I can think of is the metal band Stryper. They have a lot of anti devil and Christian promoting lyrics but are not a Christian band in the sense that they are Christians themselves. In fact the lead singer from the band has stated several times in interviews that they are not a Christian rock band but that they wanted to change rock music and the metal genre because it was too satanic for them.

They have a good beat and their lyrics are good in the sense that they're not promoting sin or anti Christian values so I'd check them out on Spotify if you don't mind them not being Christians and just want a change in rock music.

As for rock music from actual Christians your choices are limited because of the recent trends over the last 50 years. Many rock bands claim to be Christians yet have bad lyrics that promote abortion or sex or homosexuality. Many of them also openly participate in Adult entertainment or movies which to me is just a no no. I just try to stay away from the Christian rock genre myself because most of the "Chriistians" in the bands are hypocrites. But the same can be said by a lot of popular Christian music in itself these days and not just Christian rock in particular.
Thank you so much! I actually use Youtube Music, not Spotify and I do have some songs from Striper and they are good. Though I pray for all who are unsaved to be saved, including any band that is not saved, I don't care so much about whether or not the bands are Christian, my main thing is I want to listen to songs that have good Godly lyrics, not Satanic ones. I noticed when I was listening to the Satanic stuff, I used to never pay attention to the lyrics, until God convicted me, but I realize now that when I was doing so I was depressed all the time and I was opening doors for evil spirits. Now that I listen to Christian music, what a difference! Now I have a more intimate relationship with the Lord and I even break out in tears when I listen to Christian songs, not tears of sadness, but tears of joy. I now realize that God didn't want me listening to the other stuff, he wants me listening to things that glorify him and he's proud of me that I made the change. And I agree with you: homosexuality, adultery, fornication, and all other sins are no-nos to me as well.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So back when I used to listen to secular music, some of the stuff I used to listen to were: Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Delain, The Birthday Massacre, Alice In Chains, Black Sabbath, and Blue Oyster Cult. The problems with those bands is they all had Satanic songs with Satanic lyrics and if possible, I would like to find Christian bands that sound like the bands I mentioned, except the Christian bands would have Godly lyrics in the songs, not the Satanic ones. So would any of you guys happen to know some Christian bands or singers that sound like the secular bands I mentioned above? Thanks in advance. God bless!

Actually, Evanescence originally was slated as a Christian rock band but quickly realized they'd be squashing their goal of a greater mass appeal, so marketed their music through mainstream channels. I don't see anything sinful about listening to Evanescence. The other bands you've listed are what they are in and of themselves-- non-Christian or anti-Christian.

As for Christian bands which "sound" like those above, you're not going to find any groups that are clone sounds. But you might like
1) The Letter Black, 2) Flyleaf and the latest from their former lead singer, 3) Lacey Sturm.

I'll leave you with those for now. :cool:

Reactions: Nmeckert
Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Actually, Evanescence originally was slated as a Christian rock band but quickly realized they'd be squashing their goal of a greater mass appeal, so marketed their music through mainstream channels. I don't see anything sinful about listening to Evanescence. The other bands you've listed are what they are in and of themselves-- non-Christian or anti-Christian.

As for Christian bands which "sound" like those above, you're not going to find any groups that are clone sounds. But you might like
1) The Letter Black, 2) Flyleaf and the latest from their former lead singer, 3) Lacey Sturm.

I'll leave you with those for now. :cool:
Thanks for your advice. I do actually have those ones you mentioned, so I'll just listen to those.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Nmeckert

Mar 5, 2024
Tamaqua
✟13,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your advice. I do actually have those ones you mentioned, so I'll just listen to those.
I just thought I'd share something about the music bands we were talking about: the other morning I was doing my bible reading and prayer and while I was praying, God put it in my heart to pray for not just the bands you mentioned that aren't Christian, but all the bands and singers who aren't Christian, so I prayed and am still praying for them to come to know Jesus, get in the word, find a bible-based church, seek and do God's will, and also not only make new Christian music, but also change the words of their current songs into Godly words. If I keep praying about this, I know nothing is impossible with God and I'm believing he'll transform all who are unsaved and I'm believing he'll also transform all the nonChristian music and turn it into Godly music.

Upvote 0