Sean Hannity: GOP is a 'dead party' | The Hill

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Alt-right and Roy Moore represent hate. That's what the GOP is bracing.

Too true -- but some folks need to convince themselves it's not as bad as all that... as long as they only hate the folks who "deserve" it... and that list grows every day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Noting that the Democrats have only themselves to blame for becoming a minority party, losing control of all three branches of federal government and the vast majority of state governments nationwide.

The Democrats did that to themselves.

The Democrat party is doing just fine, a wave of nationalism and protectionism has swept across Europe and the United States. Globalism is receding and national sovereignty and protectionism are higher priorities in the political climate then it has been in the past. The fact that the GOP has a simple majority and a Republican in the White House reflects changing political fortune. That's politics and rest assured, the pendulum will swing, it always does. You get a Republican President you get a Democrat congress, this has been the case for decades. The people controlling these elections are not the conservatives or the liberals, they are the true minority. Moderates and centrists vote issues and prefer issue oriented voting to partisan politics.

Indeed! Why lie about Republicans?

Why lie about Russia, if they are so innocent then why are they lying through their teeth?

One would think Democrats would be able to point to the fruit of their efforts ... improving lives and such ... rather than just declaring how evil Republicans are.

Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity
.​

The days when Republicans could moralize over character issues is long since past. They have proven themselves to be guilty of preaching against deficits then running them through the roof. Scandal mongering has been a main stay of both sides and this kind of emotive, inflammatory rhetoric is symptomatic of a voting populace that is oblivious to real world issues.

This passage is the judgment of Christ against children of perdition posing as ministers of the gospel. On the final day they will be exposed as indifferent to the needs and suffering of those who Christ loves, the way you treat them is how you can expect to be treated in the life to come. Some might be Democrats, some might be Republicans, all are reduced to the thoughts and inclinations of their hearts and they are found to be children of their father the devil, despite a Christian profession they wear like a mask.

A word of advice, just not lest ye be judged. When Trump does well I applaud him, Republicans passed a landmark tax bill I disagree with but at least it represented a return to normal deliberative order in the Senate. Trump has recognized Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel other Presidents have promised to do and failed to keep that promise. Trump's handling of the North Korea weapons program while risky is an improvement of the kick the can down the road pragmatism of past administrations Democrat and Republican. It's not without it's risks and he can go too far but that's the burden of the Oval Office, I wish him success and if it blows up in our faces he will be held accountable.

In your posts I see not one substantive issue worth noting, just highly emotive rhetoric. I can at least respect the honest conservative even though I oppose their political agendas as a matter of conviction. I would never insinuate an opposing political view is spiritually reprobate, but my religious convictions are such that we judge nothing but rather trust the one who judges all things righteously.

Have a nice day :)
Mark

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fair enough -- so ho does the Jerusalem thingee help our country?
For one thing, it shows we are a country of laws, not men. This is a VERY good thing.

This was passed in 1995 but multiple cowards in Chief punted on the issue. Their actions didn't match their words. I've noticed that Trump "lies" a lot, but on the important stuff he seems to keep his word. I've learned, with all politicians, to pay attention to what they do rather than what they say.

Notice Franken did not resign? He said he is "going to resign." Let's see if he really does. ;)

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Noting that the Democrats have only themselves to blame for becoming a minority party, losing control of all three branches of federal government and the vast majority of state governments nationwide.

The Democrats did that to themselves.

And in a few years, the Republicans will become the minority party -- just as they were a few years ago -- losing control of all three branches of federal government and the vast majority of state governments nationwide. These things do happen in cycles, after all.

Will you say then that the Republicans did it to themselves?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And in a few years, the Republicans will become the minority party -- just as they were a few years ago -- losing control of all three branches of federal government and the vast majority of state governments nationwide. These things do happen in cycles, after all.

Will you say then that the Republicans did it to themselves?
ROTFL ... I already say that the Republicans did it to themselves.

I have been highly critical of Republican leadership for years. Did you happen to notice the OP title? Just wonderin' ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think he even cares if he gets re-elected. He's basically saying "Damn the torpedoes" and doing what he believes this country needs, and in a very apolitical way.

IMHO, he must truly care about America to be able to take all the slander, rudeness, hatefulness thrown his way. And let's not forget how badly his wife, family members have been treated.

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They are all corrupt. There is no difference between a Republican and Democratic politician. The whole Govt. is corrupt. The time for a revolution is nigh.

In respectful disagreement, I do believe there are still some honest people in our government. If we were going to have a revolution, it most definitely should have been during the reign of BHO.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What makes you say he cares about anything but himself?

What makes you believe that? What is your factual evidence?

He does not need the money. He is not a politician. He has put himself and his whole family up for slander, ridicule, contempt, hate and much, much more.

Try looking at the good he has done and is doing

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

He does not need the money. He is not a politician. He has put himself and his whole family up for slander, ridicule, contempt, hate and much, much more.

He put himself in the center of attention. He put himself on a pedestal and convinced others to follow. He didn't need the money, but he did want the power, prestige, and confirmation of having a position of such prominence. For many people, that's more alluring than money.

I try to give him a fair shake as much as I can.

But he's an unqualified buffoon. We've all known people who like to armchair-quarterback different things, but when given the opportunity to make a real difference, just flounder. Everything about him is typical of a person with a propensity to spout off about things they don't understand.

He's been surrounded by yes-men his entire life, and I truly believe he didn't understand just how unqualified he was or just how much smarter than him most everybody in politics really is.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,015.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

He does not need the money.

How do you know? For someone who "doesn't need the money" he sure seems reluctant to divest himself of his holdings.

He is not a politician.
Yes he is. He is the president of the US. Of course he is a politician.

He has put himself and his whole family up for slander, ridicule, contempt, hate and much, much more.

As does every single other public figure. So what?

I'm trying. He has managed a couple of wins but I am not seeing a whole bunch of good to be honest. Can you detail some of the good things you see?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
ROTFL ... I already say that the Republicans did it to themselves.

I have been highly critical of Republican leadership for years. Did you happen to notice the OP title? Just wonderin' ...

I saw what Sean Hannity said -- and I saw that you thought it worth discussing.

I didn't see anything up until now that indicated your opinion -- agree or disagree -- of Hannity's assessment of the GOP. In fact, your next contribution to this thread was about 50 or so posts later, which you used to deflect attention away from the Republicans and criticize the Democrats.

I must say, seeing you hold the GOP accountable for their errors without somehow laying the blame on Obama/Clinton/the Democrat party/liberals/the media would be quite the sight.

I hope to see it someday.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0