• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sean Hannity: GOP is a 'dead party' | The Hill

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Dec 7, 2017.

1. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+5,181
    Methodist
    Married
    Sean Hannity: GOP is a 'dead party' | The Hill

“It is a dead party. They are morally corrupt, they are weak. ... They are ineffective, they’re vision-less, and they have no identity,” he said.
    "And I feel it is heartbreaking to me, because so many people trusted them in 2010, 2014 – 'Give us the House, give us the Senate,' " Hannity said.

"Then they get the White House and then they turn on a man that’s advocating the same principles that they have been quoting for years on the campaign trail,” he said
    .​

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. RC1970

RC1970 post tenebras lux

+1,416
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    They have been dead for a long time.

3. HereIStand

HereIStand Regular Member Supporter

+1,617
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Sad but true. Trump is one of the few bright spots, but most the GOP doesn't support him.

4. Rion

Rion "Trigger Warning" is one of my triggers Supporter

+3,700
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Both parties are dead. It's a race to see which one rots the fastest.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+89,394
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    How sad.

:sad:

6. RC1970

RC1970 post tenebras lux

+1,416
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    There have been some good individual leaders through the years, but as a whole it's dead.

7. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+13,780
    Anglican
    Married
    I am inclined to agree with Sean. I would not have thought so a little while ago (after all, the party controls most state legislatures and all three branches of the federal government!), but I am sympathetic to the idea that she is on the verge of becoming a permanent minority party--for several different reasons.

8. Hammster

Hammster Don't care much for fancy parties. Too rough. Staff Member Administrator Supporter

+7,622
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Too bad Hannity doesn’t see that Trump’s antics are the biggest problem. He can’t see the character issues with him, and only sees policy.

9. Almost there

Almost there Well-Known Member

+762
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I used to be a republican. I left them in 2006. I think we truly do just have a uniparty now. Thing is, the democrats have a platform that they fairly firmly adhere to. Their platform is 180 degrees from my point of view on pretty much every issue where it not just fluffy platitudes that you can't nail down. The opposite is true with the Republican platform. That is, I strongly agree with it, but the party just gives it lip service. They don't support it in deeds.

So now we have a president that, more or less, lives by the R party platform, and the R's fight him.

I'd say one of the best things about Trump's presidency is that he's exposing the liars, fruitcakes and charlatans on BOTH sides of the aisle. This is a good thing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Rion

+3,700
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Trump's behavior is honestly just a distraction. It's like focusing on the flies above the corpse.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+2,284
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I think he is running out of material. If the Republicans were smart they would harness the power of the alt right and reign them it. Apparently Sean Hannity doesn't realize the strength of this movement, that just encourages me as a Democrat.

12. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+13,780
    Anglican
    Married
    He would be well served by pulling back on that side of his behavior, that's true, but it is not by any means the "biggest problem." The long knives were out for this person who is not a part of the "good ol boys" club from before he announced his candidacy or platform.

13. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+2,284
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Trump's behavior is what got him elected, I don't like it but that's the bare bones fact of the matter. A new GOP is emerging, we are not going to know what that is until the 2018 interim elections have run their course. The GOP is alive and well, there is no corpse, what it will become remains to be seen. Whatever they become I'm sure I will be opposed but I at least am willing to wait and see what that will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Hammster

Hammster Don't care much for fancy parties. Too rough. Staff Member Administrator Supporter

+7,622
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    It’s his biggest problem because he shoots his mouth off to the point where possible like-minded pols won’t support him because they don’t want to be associated with him.

15. Rion

+3,700
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    The best thing that could happen to him is that he develops BlackBerry Thumb.

16. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+13,780
    Anglican
    Married
    You seem to think that they would be willing to support him in that case. I see that all the evidence says the opposite.

17. PeachyKeane

PeachyKeane Newbie

+1,703
    Presbyterian
    Married
    I love that he calls the GOP morally corrupt for not doing whatever Trump says.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. brinny

+89,394
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    What i find "sad" and curious, is what is up with Hannity saying this NOW, at this particular time?

How odd.

It's downright strange.

19. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+13,780
    Anglican
    Married
    Why do you think so? Events have moved along swiftly with the Democrats' attempted coup, and the near-complete unwillingness of the Congressional Republicans to do anything about it when our whole system of government is at stake seems to be what's caused Hannity to become as agitated as he is now.

20. brinny

+89,394
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    His "agitation" is focused on the GOP? NOW??!!!

And the Republicans you speak of?

Rinos.