✟259,682.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How about science-defended murder?
How about your God sanctioned murder?
1 Samuel 15:3
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.
How about god killing himself?
Exodus 11

And Moses said, Thus saith the Lord, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:

5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.

6 And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.

And then later, Exodus 12:

29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

30 And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟259,682.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
With over 200,000 Americans dying each year by modern medical treatments. I would take the 1930's.
So you'd want to to die of Polio? That killed about 500,000 people per year. Science took care of that one for you ;-)

2.jpg

Or take the case of measles:

from 1956 to 1960, an average of 542,000 cases were reported annually
From 1956 to 1960, an average of 450 measles-related deaths were reported each year (∼1 death/ 1000 reported cases), compared with an average of 5300 measles-related deaths during 1912–1916 (26 deaths/ 1000 reported cases) [2].
Since 1997, the reported annual incidence has been <1 case/1 million population.
source:
http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/189/Supplement_1/S1.long

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If he told me he wasn't going to treat me unless I believe in evolution, I would tell him to take a hike.

I don't think it is about what the patient believe, but what the doctor in question believes and what methods he or she then prefer to use.

If I recall correct, there is story about a surgical procedure in where a pig heart was transplanted into a human, instead of chimpanzee heart. The doctor in question did not believe in evolution and thought it would not matter if he used a pig (which has a very close anatomy to humans) or a chimpanzee heart. The patient died - and we knows, thanks to evolutionary theory, it does indeed matter who is the donor.

Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Homo sapiens sapiens- that is like wise wise, for God created all men, not monkeys equal. Is a monkey as wise as you? Did I just ask that-WOW.

Maybe you do not realize that the classification as monkeys included humans - humans are per classification a dry nosed primate (a monkey). Even Carl von Linne recognized this...

Since human are monkeys, the answer to you question ought to be 'yes'. Beside that, it can be questioned if man is wise or not. In my opinion man just does as any other creature on this planet - exploits the given resources as much they can. How wise is that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And as usually you present claim after claim but no evidence.
I can not even begin to tell you how much there is to be learned and gained from the Bible. You REALLY need to wake up and smell the coffee and start to see what you can gain and the advantage there is for you that you are not taking advantage of.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
as usually you ignore the scientific evidence that proves the bible wrong.
There is nothing to ignore because there is NO scientific evidence that proves the bible wrong. I have gone over this many times exp in the threads that deals with Steve Wells and all of his many minions and lemmings. I suggest you quit being a follower of Steve Wells and you begin to follow Jesus Christ. But that is your choice and your call to make. "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any examples of a physician doing that?
You missed his point. He would be willing to be martyred for what he believes. Can you say the same? How many physicians do you know that would be willing to be martyred for their beliefs in evolution? If the theory of evolution has anything at all to do with medicine which I really doubt it does. Or if it does I doubt if there is any benefit for anyone.

Sense you want evidence I happen to have Francis Collins book: "The Language of Life". This is a cutting edge as you can get when it comes to the latest research in medicine. What does Collins say about the THEORY of Evolution in his book? Zip, zero, nothing. He does mention "evolution" twice, more as a statement of fact. He says that: "Evolution has designed your body to be very effective at restricting the opportunity of organisms to cause disease". That is pretty much the same as saying God created us to be able to resist disease. Then he says: "Evolution does not want us to live forever" and he goes on to try to support this theory. He says older organisms compete for precious resources. Interesting his use of the word "older" because so far "older" seems to have taken place after Noah's flood when "the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years." This Covenant that God established with Noah took place around 4,359 years ago. The point being his association of evolution with ageing is questionable.

I am still waiting for someone to come up with a pre civilization skelton that lived past the prime of life. Their claim that pre-civilization people died when they were ONLY 35 is total nonsense. Humans did not age until after Noah's flood 4,359 years ago.

Anyways your missing his point and I don't have time to write you a whole book to explain all of this to you.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You missed his point. He would be willing to be martyred for what he believes. Can you say the same? How many physicians do you know that would be willing to be martyred for their beliefs in evolution? If the theory of evolution has anything at all to do with medicine which I really doubt it does. Or if it does I doubt if there is any benefit for anyone.

Sense you want evidence I happen to have Francis Collins book: "The Language of Life". This is a cutting edge as you can get when it comes to the latest research in medicine. What does Collins say about the THEORY of Evolution in his book? Zip, zero, nothing. He does mention "evolution" twice, more as a statement of fact. He says that: "Evolution has designed your body to be very effective at restricting the opportunity of organisms to cause disease". That is pretty much the same as saying God created us to be able to resist disease. Then he says: "Evolution does not want us to live forever" and he goes on to try to support this theory. He says older organisms compete for precious resources. Interesting his use of the word "older" because so far "older" seems to have taken place after Noah's flood when "the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years." This Covenant that God established with Noah took place around 4,359 years ago. The point being his association of evolution with ageing is questionable.

I am still waiting for someone to come up with a pre civilization skelton that lived past the prime of life. Their claim that pre-civilization people died when they were ONLY 35 is total nonsense. Humans did not age until after Noah's flood 4,359 years ago.

Anyways your missing his point and I don't have time to write you a whole book to explain all of this to you.
Lol.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If the theory of evolution has anything at all to do with medicine which I really doubt it does.

Why do you bold the word 'theory'? You do know what a theory in science means right?

Anyway, modern medicine is heavily dependent on the theory of evolution. It's the foundation of biology. Nothing in biology makes sense without it.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/medicine_02
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/medicine_03
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/medicine_04
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/medicine_05

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Even for you, this takes the cake.

Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I can not even begin to tell you how much there is to be learned and gained from the Bible. You REALLY need to wake up and smell the coffee and start to see what you can gain and the advantage there is for you that you are not taking advantage of.

You still does not present any support for you claim instead I note an ad hominem argument. Btw, I am not interrested in "gains and advantages" but the truth about reality.

Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing to ignore because there is NO scientific evidence that proves the bible wrong.

How come that you are so sure about this? And what do you mean with "proving the bible wrong"?

I have gone over this many times exp in the threads that deals with Steve Wells and all of his many minions and lemmings.

I ask you for evidence but instead of presenting some evidence you only makes a claims that you have evidence. So what are the evidence you claim you have?

I suggest you quit being a follower of Steve Wells and you begin to follow Jesus Christ. But that is your choice and your call to make. "As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

I do not know who Steve Wells are so I cannot be a follower of him. Why do you fabricate claims about me, in particular why do you fabricate things about me that is not true?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How come that you are so sure about this? And what do you mean with "proving the bible wrong"?
I can be sure because of the study and research I have put into this. I have read ever word in the Bible at least 5 times. To "prove the Bible wrong" means to falsify in anyway. There is a mathematical precision and accuracy to the word of God. That one reason why we have confidence to say there are no errors in the original Bible in the Original Language. I do not extend that to the translations.

I ask you for evidence
Read some of my old posts, I have put up lots of evidence. But it does not matter what evidence I produce. The question is what can you produce?

I do not know who Steve Wells are so I cannot be a follower of him. Why do you fabricate claims about me, in particular why do you fabricate things about me that is not true?
Amazing that your quoting or mimicking Steve Wells and you do not even realize what you are doing. This sort of reprobate thinking seems to pass from person to person and you do not know what it all started? Steve Wells wrote the skeptics Bible that has the main intent of being a scoffer. The Bible says that: "that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires."

Attachments

• 1311.jpg
    1311.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 35
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can be sure because of the study and research I have put into this. I have read ever word in the Bible at least 5 times. To prove the Bible wrong means to falsify in anyway.

Read some of my old posts, I have put up lots of evidence. But it does not matter what evidence I produce. The question is what can you produce?

Amazing that your quoting or mimicking Steve Wells and you do not even realize what you are doing. This sort of reprobate thinking seems to pass from person to person and you do not know what it all started? Steve Wells wrote the skeptics Bible that has the main intent of being a scoffer. The Bible says that: "that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires."
Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
[Collin] says: "Evolution does not want us to live forever" and he goes on to try to support this theory. ... He says older organisms compete for precious resources. Interesting his use of the word "older" because so far "older" seems to have taken place after Noah's flood when "the LORD said ...

So you don't think "older" refer to a parents and its demands for limited resources which their offsprings also need to survive?

[Collin] says that: "Evolution has designed your body to be very effective at restricting the opportunity of organisms to cause disease". That is pretty much the same as saying God created us to be able to resist disease.

Evolution is a bottom-up process (an observed natural process). God as the creator is a top-bottom process (an non-observed supernatural event, an imagined miracle). Therefore I wonder, since when is saying "evolution did it" the same thing as saying "God did it" ?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you bold the word 'theory'? You do know what a theory in science means right?
They claim that "Evolution is a fact and a theory" so I wanted to distinguish that I was talking about evolution theory.

Anyway, modern medicine is heavily dependent on the theory of evolution. It's the foundation of biology. Nothing in biology makes sense without it.
You maybe right to some degree.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you'd want to to die of Polio? That killed about 500,000 people per year. Science took care of that one for you ;-)
Yes, that is the argument. Science-medicine keeps them alive so the doctors can kill them. If science had not kept them alive then they would not be there for the doctors to kill them. This is why doctors can sleep at night and not worry about the mistakes they make and the people they kill. They do not try to double guess themselves. They deal with what they have to deal with and let the chips fall where they fall.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is where you go off the rails: Denouncing anyone who disagrees with you about your interpretation of Scripture (including a number of Christians in this forum) as "enemies of God." What gives you the right to make that judgement?
Try to keep up with the conversation here speedwell. I said you are for God or against God. IF you are against God that makes you an enemy of God. I did not say who is and who is not a Christian because that is against the rules for me to make that sort of a statement. I did say that the rules say that we have a statement of faith to determine what is legal and what is illegal to post on various forums on this network. YOU are the one that is making a person attack against me. I did not attach or accuse you in any way. All I said is that I do not want to break the rules and talk about subjects that are a violation of the rules to talk about.

Upvote 0