• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Science PROVES the BIBLE is True

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by joshua 1 9, Jun 1, 2016.

1. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Your missing the point. It is against the rules to argue against the statement of faith on this section of the forum. If you want to debate the statement of faith there is a place you can go to post. But I do not post there.

2. Born Again2004

Born Again2004 Active Member

+114
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I don't need science, I have Jesus in me that tells me it is true but, saying that, science /mathematics say that it is impossible that Jesus wasn't who he said he was based on the prophecies fulfilled. You have to look it up but it is something like if Jesus only fulfill 8 or 9 prophecies, and he has fulfilled hundreds, the probability that he is God, is 16 to the power of 10
    or 160,000,000,000 : 1 ...or.... 160 trillion that he is : to one he isn't!

3. In situ

In situ in vivo veritas

+316
    Agnostic
    Private
    My question was how you know there is no scientific evidence that disprove the bible. You answer this by saying you studied the bible. Okay, that is all good and well and I would not have assumed otherwise. But you left another thing unanswered which I am curios about as well: how much science have you studied. Have you studied all fields of science?

I still do not understand what you mean with "prove the bible wrong" you only claimed that the bible must be right, and hinted about that it has to do with numerology but presented no evidence that this is correct.

Usually when somebody ask me to present evidence, I either hint about it, give a reference or present some evidence.

What I usually do not tell others is to "go find it yourself". This is how I feel you are treating me right now. I am not saying you are doing something wrong, but I am saying you do not make things easy for me. Would you be so kind to at least make a link to a post you made in where you think you present a good case?

Again I do not, or cannot recall who Steve Wells is. Nor can I recall have quoted him. Are you sure it is me? If so, can you link or quote me on where I have quoted this person?

If what you say is true, then yes it is true. But why do you find it so remarkable that two persons can come to the same insight that you feel a need to make a statement about it?

Are you saying you do not believe two persons independently can comes to the same conclusion?

Okay. I did not know that. But I am not clear about how this is related to me. Are saying my main intent is to be a scoffer and that I am only parroting Steven Wells? If so, when did I do that?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  4. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,474
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Because I spent many years of my life chasing that elusive butterfly and I never caught it. There are no mistakes and errors in the Bible and there is no conflict between Science and the Bible. Skeptics and scoffers do their best to disprove the Bible and they fail 100% of the time. As Steve Wells admits "That’s because they are so easy to explain away."
    https://nexuszine.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/interview-steve-wells-from-the-skeptics-annotated-bible/

5. Cearbhall

Cearbhall Well-Known Member

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    How specific.

6. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+40,409
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's like saying, "I'm not bias toward Martians. I hate 'em all."

7. AV1611VET

+40,409
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Does not.

8. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    Thinking that something is ridiculous = hatred now? That's a bit too PC for me.

9. AV1611VET

+40,409
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You don't know Bob like I do.

10. In situ

In situ in vivo veritas

+316
    Agnostic
    Private
    Your math is in error.

11. JonFromMinnesota

JonFromMinnesota Well-Known Member

+1,603
    Atheist
    Single

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought"- From Billy Madison.

12. In situ

In situ in vivo veritas

+316
    Agnostic
    Private
    Have you consider doing it, writing a book I mean? Because would it not be worth your time to collect all your insights in a book so you can share it with a broader audience?

13. In situ

In situ in vivo veritas

+316
    Agnostic
    Private
    Are you serious?

14. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    These poor 1st-2nd century authors whose literary skills get chalked up to divine intervention...

15. In situ

In situ in vivo veritas

+316
    Agnostic
    Private
    As far as I understand it, the statment of faith at CF does not embrace the ideas concering the bible you present here.

16. Cearbhall

+5,657
    United States
    Other Religion
    Single
    I don't know where it says in the Statement of Faith that the story of Noah is historically accurate. My Catholic school didn't even expect me to buy that.

17. Astrophile

Astrophile Newbie

+1,006
    Atheist
    Widowed
    Didn't you read my post 106, about the Chapelle-aux-Saints 1 Neanderthal man? Let me quote it for you.
    Do you think that a person who was severely arthritic and who had lost all his teeth died in the prime of life? Anyway, what has this got to do with proving the truth and accuracy of the Bible?

18. Born Again2004

+114
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Your right.... that was 10 to the 17th power:
    That probability is 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. That’s one in one hundred quadrillion!
    In is not MY math, blame,Peter Stoner who was chairman of the mathematics and astronomy departments at Pasadena City College until 1953 when he moved to Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California .....it as his math!

19. In situ

In situ in vivo veritas

+316
    Agnostic
    Private
    I do not feel satisfied with your answer. I am not asking about how to, or trying to, disprove the bible. You keep bringing up this Steve Wells, which I don't understand why he is relevant, more than you seams to believe I am parroting him, which I don't since I don't know who he is or what claims he have made.

What I am asking about is how you can know there is no conflict between the bible and science. Besides being well versed in the the Bible, do you not need to be well versed in science as well to make such claim? Do you consider yourself to have a good, or better than average, understanding of all scientific fields relevant to thew claims made in the Bible? If so, what are those scientific fields then?

Btw, it is unclear to me what you mean with "mistakes" in the Bible. Do you mean there is no scientific incorrect statements in the bible, or do you mean the Bible in itself is consistent and without contradictions?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  20. Born Again2004

+114
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It is something you just can't understand by applying secular logic to spiritual matters!
    1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
    A "Born Again" Christians receives help from the Holy Spirit...we just know and by faith we believe in the Bible...for you it is folly!