Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1) Consider environments: a school yard. A chinese rail station. Its difficult to describe the number of people in a train station. In short; its packed.
2) could you point out where i said knives were not lethal or should not be considered weapons...thatd be great.
3) train station that packed. 10 assailants (you are seriously comparing these two incidents?) have guns.
Tell me the lower death and injury toll.
1. So those kids are luck that the nutter didnt' wait till he got into the school and did it when kids were switching classes.

2 knives. Dude can't get a gun. No guns to have. So no deaths this time. How is it that nobody got hurt? The students fought back...WITH BACKPACKS. Books of knowledge beat a dude with 2 knives. That is what happenned. That is a fact.
RIght there.

3. Why do you care about different situations now? You are comparing this case to Parkland. Don't pretend you aren't.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah. It does seem outlandish to think a school shooting would leave 15 kids dead
Geez, you really are bad at this, you're title doesn't mention a shooting. It mentions an attack that could be anything. It could be that someone drove a car into a group of kids, they seem to enjoy doing that in europe.

Honestly it's not so much you lied in the title that's even the issue. It's the giddy, "lawl u stuped 'mericans" joy you seem to take that a bunch of kids died at Parkland and nobody died here. It comes off just as a chance to thumb your nose at americans, the lives of the children is secondary.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
1. So those kids are luck that the nutter didnt' wait till he got into the school and did it when kids were switching classes.

Just like the Chinese on that platform were lucky the guy wasn’t armed with AR-15s.

• Winner
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Honestly it's not so much you lied in the title that's even the issue. It's the giddy, "lawl u stuped 'mericans" joy you seem to take that a bunch of kids died at Parkland and nobody died here. It comes off just as a chance to thumb your nose at americans, the lives of the children is secondary.

Wanting kids to not die is problematic, you guise

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-r-1823016659

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,481.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LAWL KNIVES GUISE.

China knife attack leaves at least 33 dead and 143 wounded at Kunming train station | Daily Mail Online

Impressively stupid thread, literal definition of "cherry picking".

One of the myriad (and better) arguments against gun proliferation (and one typically ignored by the "they'll just use knives" argument) regards the lethality of guns vs other weapons.

In this China attack, with 33 dead out of a total of 176 casualties, you're looking at just shy of a 19% fatality rate.

Compare that to:

Parkland, which had a 50% fatality rate (17 fatalities / 34 total casualties)
Orlando Pulse was 46% (49/107)
VA Tech was 65% (32/49)
Sutherland Springs was 57% (26/46)

Las Vegas may have only been 12% (58/480), but the shooter was almost 1000' away from his targets.

Looking through some others, Aurora was around 20%, but that was in a dark theater.

So, 10 knife-wielding adults, in a well-lit, crowded station, in close proximity to their targets, could barely get a kill ratio comparable to what a single crazy guy could get in the dark.

(these numbers include only shooting casualties, and do not include the shooters themselves)

• Agree
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just like the Chinese on that platform were lucky the guy wasn’t armed with AR-15s.
Something as big as an ar15 on a crowded train platform could have been pulled away from him easily. They are lucky this wasn't a gas attack. Or worse a bomb.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
This is more gloating than "not wanting kids to die".

Why else us a click bait title? WHen was the last time you saw click bait and got an honest argument?

I don’t think it’s quite the same when the body text openly goes “oh wait, actually no, that’s not what happened” after the jump.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Something as big as an ar15 on a crowded train platform could have been pulled away from him easily.

In much the same way that giving teachers Ar15s or whatever will solve everyone’s problems, I’m sure

They are lucky this wasn't a gas attack. Or worse a bomb.

Yeah but we’ve all banned civvie use of those

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In much the same way that giving teachers Ar15s or whatever will solve everyone’s problems, I’m sure
Whose talking about giving teachers ar15s? The state of Utah allows teachers to conceal carry, when was the last mass school shooting there?

Yeah but we’ve all banned civvie use of those
Then I guess it's really good that you can't just got to a store and buy items needed to make them.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
A school that was in the neighborhood went on lock down but the shooting wasn't in the school...

That's a very very liberal idea you have of a school shooting man.

Huh. Either way, y’all need to have a serious sit down and think if you think guns for teachers will make this stuff better

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Geez, you really are bad at this, you're title doesn't mention a shooting. It mentions an attack that could be anything. It could be that someone drove a car into a group of kids, they seem to enjoy doing that in europe.

I take no joy in it whatsoever.
I thumb my nose at the americans who refuse to change things. I thumb my nose at all americans for not putting INSURMOUNTABLE pressure on their elected reps to do SOMETHING meaningful to combat a uniquely grotesque american problem despite the clowns resistant to change. If you are offended by that, then its not me reacting coldly to dead children and youth. Frankly, and its an ugly thought, but i wish more people felt guilt about what they are letting happen by not holding change makers to account.

2, RIght there.

3. Why do you care about different situations now? You are comparing this case to Parkland. Don't pretend you aren't.
Im comparing it to every school shooting that the us has had by demonstrating that knives are not as efficient at killing people as guns; do you contest that knives are less deadly than guns?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums