Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...-investigators-say/ar-BBLWmYu?ocid=spartandhp

This world is getting scarier and scarier. I can see why some people are afraid to leave the house. It's gotten to the point where you can't shop peacefully. You may have to worry that you may get shot.

Why are men so violent? I mean, don't get me wrong, women can be violent too, but it is usually men you hear of shooting up places, or committing murders.

I know I just generalize everyone, but remember I am a man as well. And I am not blaming every single man. But you here these things, and it usually is a man that commits these types of crimes. What is with our gender that we feel that violence is the answer into solving problems?

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,920.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Testosterone"

Some have gone to say it's the "evil" hormone. Even among women who commit crime tend to have higher than average level of testosterone.

Consumption of meat, particularly red meat can also elevate testosterone levels.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
"Men" used to work and take care of their families, But nowadays they are infiltrated with evil intent and full of pride and greed. But sadly the guns get the blame.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Despite misleading headlines, humanity is clearly getting less violent as time advances. This favourable change is significant in magnitude and attested to by gobs of data.
I am in total 100% disagreement with this. The love of many will wax cold in the last days is scripture friend.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree that testosterone is likely the basic explanation- almost all violence is wrought by males between 18 and 30. However, there is good news: we are learning how to solve the violence problem even with the testosterone, and I see no reason to doubt that this peacable trend will continue.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am in total 100% disagreement with this. The love of many will wax cold in the last days is scripture friend.
The data is against you on many many fronts. If you want to discuss actual statistics, we can. For example, the last 60 years has been the most peaceful era in recorded history.

And I think your theology is wrong anyway - I believe the “last days” is a reference to the end of the first covenant. Luckily for us, we are now in the “kingdom of God” era.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
2 Tim 3 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these. For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The data is against you on many many fronts. If you want to discuss actual statistics, we can. For example, the last 60 years has been the most peaceful era in recorded history.

And I think your theology is wrong anyway - I believe the “last days” is a reference to the end of the first covenant. Luckily for us, we are now in the “kingdom of God” era.
Well that explains a lot. See scripture above and know that we are indeed in the last days.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the bible days, whole cities and villages where wiped out, man women and children, if they didnt serve the true God. Leadership ordered all first born to be killed, to find one. You will stoned to death for your sins, immediately on the spot. How is it that you say things are worse now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
In the bible days, whole cities and villages where wiped out, man women and children, if they didnt serve the true God. Leadership ordered all first born to be killed, to find one. You will stoned to death for your sins, immediately on the spot. How is it that you say things are worse now?
That was Old Testament and yes times were hard. But it got better for many years as people were calling on the name of the Lord.
Look around you at the scores of people rejecting Jesus and righteousness. They call bad good and good bad.
If you read the bible you will see that when people stop calling on the Lord, things start downhill in a hurry. Every Time someone takes God's name out of the equation, They remove the hand of blessing.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was Old Testament and yes times were hard. But it got better for many years as people were calling on the name of the Lord.
Look around you at the scores of people rejecting Jesus and righteousness. They call bad good and good bad.
If you read the bible you will see that when people stop calling on the Lord, things start downhill in a hurry. Every Time someone takes God's name out of the equation, They remove the hand of blessing.
So you agree that things are worse now than the times I described?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
So you agree that things are worse now than the times I described?
I will not say they are worse but they are progressing just as the bible says they will.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will not say they are worse but they are progressing just as the bible says they will.
Yes, I was only commenting on the notion that the world today is somehow scarier than in the past. I dont think it is even close. But i agree we could get there.....

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well that explains a lot. See scripture above and know that we are indeed in the last days.
The simple fact remains: the facts, the evidence, the numbers all paint a convincing picture - the world is getting less violent. I just cited the fact that the last 60 years have been the most peaceful in human history. It is also true that there has been significant reductions in violent crime in the USA since the 1970s.

Do you challenge either of these claims?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
We need to address this question responsibly - by looking at the evidence. Headlines, personal impressions, and Biblical texts that are arguably unclear or taken out of context are not the way ti go.
I would think using scripture would be the correct way to go.
I see it being fulfilled daily as people seek darkness over light and seek flesh over Spirit.
Do you?

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would think using scripture would be the correct way to go.
I see it being fulfilled daily as people seek darkness over light and seek flesh over Spirit.
Do you?
First, we need to debate what those Scriptures actually mean. Second, I personally see no evidence that peopke are any more “fleshly” than they were 40 years ago. More importantly, though, the wide-ranging evidence shows clearly that the world is getting less violent. Remember, the OP was about violence.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The simple fact remains: the facts, the evidence, the numbers all paint a convincing picture - the world is getting less violent. I just cited the fact that the last 60 years have been the most peaceful in human history. It is also true that there has been significant reductions in violent crime in the USA since the 1970s.

Do you challenge either of these claims?
My whole outlook is that God's Word supersedes any fancy charts, or graphs, or thoughts, or my opinion, or your opinion and everything else. He says the last days are going to be bad and so they will.
I personally hope to be ought of here before the great tribulation, [Yeah I'm one of those lol] But either way it's coming.

Upvote 0

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...-investigators-say/ar-BBLWmYu?ocid=spartandhp

This world is getting scarier and scarier. I can see why some people are afraid to leave the house. It's gotten to the point where you can't shop peacefully. You may have to worry that you may get shot.

Why are men so violent? I mean, don't get me wrong, women can be violent too, but it is usually men you hear of shooting up places, or committing murders.

I know I just generalize everyone, but remember I am a man as well. And I am not blaming every single man. But you here these things, and it usually is a man that commits these types of crimes. What is with our gender that we feel that violence is the answer into solving problems?

Men today in general have a lot of frustration, I think. We were not meant to be locked in cubicles all day sitting behind computers. We NEED creative work, we need an outlet for our energy that satisfies. And sadly, lacking that, men flock to inappropriate content or other unhealthy outlets for their masculinity.
In some, that frustration blooms into full blown rage and violent behavior.

Upvote 0