Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's another one of those MSN News Feeds that won't allow a commonsense opposing view to their article. I like to bring these articles to here so others can comment on them and say what they want to say without being blocked by MSN. It may not be seen be the same audience, but it will be seen by many. And thank you if you do respond to the article for or against. We have a free voice here.

When I read the headlines "When Feminism Goes Wrong: Toxic Femininity is Hurting Women Everywhere", I was both amazed and eager to see what the article had to say. I couldn't believe MSN was allowing me to read an article that explained how today's feminist were destroying the unique and extraordinary image of what we humans call - woman. But as I read the article, I too made the mistake of linking femininity and feminism as being similar. As one person made comment of: femininity and feminism are almost polar opposites. I agree.

Today's loud and vocal feminists are trying to paint women to be all the same. And they are not. And those who do not want to be associated with today's feminists should not be chastised because they believe as a woman they are unique and extraordinary compared to men and that is their greatest asset.

Thank goodness fads go away and become annoying whims that a small handful of people wished for at one time.

As a man, I do agree with feminist that there should be equal pay between women and men applying for the same job no matter is it's being a corporate executive, a player on a sports team, a construction worker, a registered nurse, an astronaut, a teacher, a lawyer or a garbage person.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today's loud and vocal feminists are trying to paint women to be all the same.
That does not sound very feministic. Who exactly are these loud and vocal feminists that claim women to be all the same? What does "the same" even mean?

And they are not. And those who do not want to be associated with today's feminists should not be chastised because they believe as a woman they are unique and extraordinary compared to men and that is their greatest asset.
Unique? Are men not each unique, too?

Okay, we have yet another anti-trans thread. We have so many, it almost deserves its own forum.

• Winner
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That does not sound very feministic. Who exactly are these loud and vocal feminists that claim women to be all the same? What does "the same" even mean?

Okay, we have yet another anti-trans thread. We have so many, it almost deserves its own forum.
Here are a list of women who, though flawed in some of their thoughts, work toward helping women achieve a more equal status in today's world.

Here are a list of women who, though some are more morally responsible than others on the list, want women to be more like them - anything goes type of attitude. These are some of the loud and vocal feminist but there are other such Madonna, Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Now here are some articles that support or at least see that there are alternatives to today's rabid feminists:

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It's another one of those MSN News Feeds that won't allow a commonsense opposing view to their article.
I am confused, You are here posting an opposing view. How has MSN blocked you from your opposing view? Many news outlets do not have a place where people can respond.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Today's loud and vocal feminists are trying to paint women to be all the same. And they are not. And those who do not want to be associated with today's feminists should not be chastised because they believe as a woman they are unique and extraordinary compared to men and that is their greatest asset.
What is your solution? Should feminists be cancelled and banned from the public square because they are 'loud and vocal'?

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am confused, You are here posting an opposing view. How has MSN blocked you from your opposing view? Many news outlets do not have a place where people can respond.
When I start Bing on my computer, MSN displays numerous news feeds (electronic articles from different newspapers, magazines and blogs) on the screen. Each news feed you can read, give it a thumbs up or thumbs down, and/or comment on the article. When I comment on some of the news feeds I dislike or disagree with, if I say anything that MSN deems unkind it will not post the comment for the other readers to see. So what I do is copy the article to The Christian Forum (with my response to the article) to show how petty MSN is in denying some comments to be displayed. And as you can see from my response back to the news feed, I'm not saying anything mean or vile. I'm presenting my views in a civil way.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
When I start Bing on my computer, MSN displays numerous news feeds (electronic articles from different newspapers, magazines and blogs) on the screen. Each news feed you can read, give it a thumbs up or thumbs down, and/or comment on the article. When I comment on some of the news feeds I dislike or disagree with, if I say anything that MSN deems unkind it will not post the comment for the other readers to see. So what I do is copy the article to The Christian Forum (with my response to the article) to show how petty MSN is in denying some comments to be displayed. And as you can see from my response back to the news feed, I'm not saying anything mean or vile. I'm presenting my views in a civil way.
You mean like here if I post something that is deemed unkind my comment will be removed from other readers to see? Like that?

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is your solution? Should feminists be cancelled and banned from the public square because they are 'loud and vocal'?
Not all feminists are loud and obnoxious. And that was my point in my response, there are many types of feminists but many of the loud and obnoxious ones seem to be unevenly more portrayed in the media because they (those feminists) and the media want the public to see only that side of feminism.

There are many women who display a more civil portrayal of their feminism. They are strong women, they know they are equal to man but they eloquently relay that message society and society loves and respects them. What some of the feminists remind me of is the big mouth guy who thinks he knows everything and listen to no one but himself.

Alot of men and women are working together to make life more equitable for woman and progress has been made. Let's focus more on the quiet behind the scenes but steady and strong women for once.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a man, I do agree with feminist that there should be equal pay between women and men applying for the same job no matter is it's being a corporate executive, a player on a sports team, a construction worker, a registered nurse, an astronaut, a teacher, a lawyer or a garbage person.
Or rather, if they're actually doing the same work with the same results, not merely applying for the same job.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Read their own seminal documents. Read Germaine Greer, read Bell Hooks.

• Informative
Reactions: Hvizsgyak
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You mean like here if I post something that is deemed unkind my comment will be removed from other readers to see? Like that?
In my original post above is my response to the MSN article (everything after the MSN article is my response that I wrote about the article. There is nothing bad that I wrote. I did not call anybody an obnoxious name or make a very rude statement. I just present my view of the article.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Not all feminists are loud and obnoxious. And that was my point in my response, there are many types of feminists but many of the loud and obnoxious ones seem to be unevenly more portrayed in the media because they (those feminists) and the media want the public to see only that side of feminism.

There are many women who display a more civil portrayal of their feminism. They are strong women, they know they are equal to man but they eloquently relay that message society and society loves and respects them. What some of the feminists remind me of is the big mouth guy who thinks he knows everything and listen to no one but himself.

Alot of men and women are working together to make life more equitable for woman and progress has been made. Let's focus more on the quiet behind the scenes but steady and strong women for once.
I am pretty sure there is a difference between femininity and feminist. As a man, you should know that when it comes to a feminist, they probably do not care if you think they are loud because a feminist is more of an activist to women's causes that the average woman. Are you saying that you do not like the women who stand up for the equal rights they believe they are entitled? Do you prefer that women be a bit more docile? Do you believe they have a certain place they should be, and they should be happy to stay there?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
In my original post above is my response to the MSN article (everything after the MSN article is my response that I wrote about the article. There is nothing bad that I wrote. I did not call anybody an obnoxious name or make a very rude statement. I just present my view of the article.
Perhaps you missed my point. That point is there are many sites which allow individuals to share information, but if another person in the community dislikes a posting they inform a moderator to investigate and delete if necessary. This happens all over the internet, and here as well. Maybe that is what you are experiencing with MSN? I don't use Bing or read articles through an MSN feed.

• Winner
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Or rather, if they're actually doing the same work with the same results, not merely applying for the same job.
I also agree that men who suck at their job should be paid less.

Of courses in certain fields women should be paid more because they have to put up with a ridiculous male culture rhat is patronizing. That or they should be permitted more mental health days

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are some things I am not allowed to post on Christian Fourms, even if both of us would consider them to not be rude or otherwise malicious. There are limits on these forums to what I can say in regards to my views on numerous things, baked into the rules of the site. In the guidelines for this section of the fourms, there's even this notice:

Keep in mind that this IS a Christian website and as such CF reserves the right to choose what content is appropriate.

The comparison is apt - Privately operated sites will have different rules on what can be posted there.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There are some things I am not allowed to post on Christian Fourms, even if both of us would consider them to not be rude or otherwise malicious. There are limits on these forums to what I can say in regards to my views on numerous things, baked into the rules of the site. In the guidelines for this section of the fourms, there's even this notice:
Perhaps you missed my point. That point is there are many sites which allow individuals to share information, but if another person in the community dislikes a posting they inform a moderator to investigate and delete if necessary. This happens all over the internet, and here as well. Maybe that is what you are experiencing with MSN? I don't use Bing or read articles through an MSN feed.

I can see neither of you have been in the area I am talking about and that's okay. Many other people who post opposing statements to an article have said the same thing that MSN primarily allows only positive responses to the articles and will not allow opposing responses to be posted. And alot of times, MSN is denying the post because of one or two words (that are crucial to the post to show one's opposition to the article). So what I usually do is copy the article to here and let a fair discussion be made on the article. I gave my point of view, you gave your point of view, and others gave their points of view and nobody got censored :oldthumbsup:. Everybody got to say what they wanted to say and we are all still happy.

Upvote 0

Hvizsgyak

Jan 28, 2021
Spring Hill
✟94,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am pretty sure there is a difference between femininity and feminist. As a man, you should know that when it comes to a feminist, they probably do not care if you think they are loud because a feminist is more of an activist to women's causes that the average woman. Are you saying that you do not like the women who stand up for the equal rights they believe they are entitled? Do you prefer that women be a bit more docile? Do you believe they have a certain place they should be, and they should be happy to stay there?
I'm sure you are itchin' for me to answer this post but my views are to complicated to put on paper. I know how I can say one thing and others hear something totally different. And I don't want to go down that road. I can see by your remarks though you have already labeled me something I am not. God bless you :wave:.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure you are itchin' for me to answer this post but my views are to complicated to put on paper. I know how I can say one thing and others hear something totally different. And I don't want to go down that road. I can see by your remarks though you have already labeled me something I am not. God bless you :wave:.
I am sure you are wrong.

Feminists are not destroying the image of women. Feminists do have femininity. Feminists do not paint all women as the same. Sure some may try, but in general it is not true.

Feminists in America have been around since 1848. This is no fad and is not going away.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sure you are wrong.

Feminists are not destroying the image of women. Feminists do have femininity. Feminists do not paint all women as the same. Sure some may try, but in general it is not true.

Feminists in America have been around since 1848. This is no fad and is not going away.
Can you explain the difference between Radical Feminism and Liberal Feminism?

Can you explain why Liberal Feminists accept transwomen as women but Radical Feminists do not?

Upvote 0