Saying No to Hillary

sandybay

Apr 8, 2015
✟339.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
I have long thought that Republicans do not want what is best for the United States but only for themselves,
this proves it.
If the US get's another Republican president it will destroy itself from the bottom up.

Do you have any evidence to support this assertion?
Only the evidence left by the last one, when he left he left the country in the pits, the rich were much richer but the rest were much worse off.
The last republican we had in office actually was much more flexible than any of the recent republican candidates.

"Republicans need to be more compassionate toward the poor and do more to address inequality".
You're joking right?
Before he left office over 750,000 people (that's seven hundred and fifty thousand) were losing their jobs every month.
If you think he was doing a good job you have lost it completely.
Bush did that with the minority housing initiatives and stimulus packages, and the same democrats who call conservatives heartless for "favoring fiscal responsibility over compassion", immediately starting sounding like conservatives when they were demanding financial accountability the moment these "compassion over finances"-style initiatives (that they called for btw) went belly up (which Bush's team warned people would happen if they didn't close up some of the banking loopholes that were opened up under Clinton's Community Reinvestment Act).

The fact of the matter is, we've only had one republican in the big chair in the last 2 decades...and he was a fiscal moderate at that. Yet, every democrat is just "positive" that if a republican gets elected to the position of president, "it'll destroy this country".

As we've all witnessed, the wheels of change move slow in this country (as they're supposed to) so to suggest that 1 person has the ability to destroy an empire in 4 years is laughable at best.

The Republicans shut down the government on a whim, what would they do if they were in charge?
Let's just hope that you never find out because these Republicans are nothing like the Republicans your father knew and voted for, Ronald Regan would want nothing to do with them.

The Koch brothers and their friends have bought and paid for the Republican party, it goes in the direction they want it to go.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hillary visits a Kirkwood Community College campus today. The former secretary of state will apparently have some convincing to do.

Iowa students preparing for Hillary's first 'listening' session think she's a 'control freak' ... and only wants immigration reform because the Democratic party needs voters | Daily Mail
When Hillary Clinton steps off her road-trip van on Tuesday at a rural Iowa community college, she might not be greeted by cheering throngs.

Daily Mail Online spoke to students at Kirkwood Community College's regional center in Jones County, where the former secretary of state will hold her first low-key campaign event.

The outlook isn't sunny for the kickoff of her 'listening tour': Of the ten students interviewed in the school's public lounge, only two would speak kindly of Mrs. Clinton.

'She's going to push some emotional thing on us,' predicted student Hallie Corum in between classes. 'What else is she supposed to do?'​

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I can't see myself voting for Hillary, but not for any of the nonsense the right wing media continues to spew about Benghazi or whatever their issue du jour is. Hillary is an establishment centrist politician who will further increase government power and limit liberty.

That being said, i also won't be voting for any of the Republicans who've thrown their hat in the ring. They all appear much worse, for various reasons (different for each candidate).

I'll probably end up throwing my vote away on a third party candidate.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Ah, I understand what you're saying. You are saying that some on the right are exploiting the deaths of those four men the same way some on the left exploited the death of 7 adults and 20 children at Sandy Hook.

Some on the right exploited Sandy Hook.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
So then you can't back up your accusation. Ok, all I needed to know! :wave:

The question was not directed towards you. I am sorry if you missed that. If you aren't willing to follow the conversation to understand the posts, what is the point for your post?

Perhaps you can answer for him how some on the left exploited Sandy Hook?

Upvote 0

SpyderByte

Sep 3, 2012
✟16,375.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
The question was not directed towards you. I am sorry if you missed that.

Perhaps you can answer for him how some on the left exploited Sandy Hook?

How many on the left began screaming for gun grabs and reveals of the 2nd amendment. Remember all the screams about the evil AR-15 that gunned down the children, meanwhile it was never used and was sitting in a car in the parking lot, etc, etc, etc...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
How many on the left began screaming for gun grabs and reveals of the 2nd amendment. Remember all the screams about the evil AR-15 that gunned down the children, meanwhile it was never used and was sitting in a car in the parking lot, etc, etc, etc...

As I thought, you can't back up your accusation. Ok, all I needed to know! :wave:

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only the evidence left by the last one, when he left he left the country in the pits, the rich were much richer but the rest were much worse off.
You're joking right?
Before he left office over 750,000 people (that's seven hundred and fifty thousand) were losing their jobs every month.
If you think he was doing a good job you have lost it completely.

Well...for starters, Bush was partially a victim of timing...he entered office in 2001 just after a recession had started. Also, keep in mind the timing of the tech bubble bursting as well... Clinton got to ride the tech wave up...Bush got to ride it down. Whoever sat in that chair would've been up against the same challenges caused by the fallout of the tech bubble bursting.

...and I never said "he was doing a great job", I said that he was doing what democrats always demand of republicans...that being, implementing policies that favor compassion over capitalism.

The Republicans shut down the government on a whim, what would they do if they were in charge?
Let's just hope that you never find out because these Republicans are nothing like the Republicans your father knew and voted for, Ronald Regan would want nothing to do with them.

The Koch brothers and their friends have bought and paid for the Republican party, it goes in the direction they want it to go.

If you think the democrats are any less "bought and paid for", then you're wearing blinders...

Koch: $2,224,170

•$667,500 – National Republican Congressional Committee
•$555,000 – Republican National Committee
•$191,400 – National Republican Senatorial Committee

Soros: $1,748,627

•$252,670 – Democratic National Committee
•$147,216 – Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
•$259,716 – Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

Kochs' Favorite congressional members:
$17,100 – Todd Tiahrt (R-Kan.)
$7,600 – Elizabeth Dole (R-N.C.)
$7,200 – Mark Foley (R-Fla.)
$6,600 – James Inhofe (R-Okla.)
$5,000 – Sam Brownback (R-Kan.)

Soros’ favorite congressional members:
$6,500 – Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.)
$6,200 – Jon Cranley (D-Ohio)
$6,000 – Ken Salazar (D-Colo.)
$6,000 – Dan Maffei (D-N.Y.)
$5,500 – Tom Perriello (D-Va.)

Political Group Spending/Lobbying Expenditures:

Koch Industries: $50,972,700 (83 percent going to Republicans)
George Soros: $32,506,500

Upvote 0