Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Lets look at the real definition of OSAS.

Here it is..

Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved.

If you have an argument against this, then you have a real spiritual problem.
As the only alternative is...."i am saving myself, i am keeping myself saved".

There is no in between.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

whatdoyounkiooo

Jul 20, 2020
houston
✟579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Our love for God is Agape love. When a Christian gets a grasp of Agape love, their love for others follow and fulfilling the rest of the commandments follow also. Agape love is the love Christ spoke of when he was asked about the most important commandments. Christ reply was a love for God. That is Agape love.

Anyone who needs to study that Agape love, please do so with an online concordance or interliner. It will help you grow.
Your love for God or the lack of it
will determine the outcome of your fate.

Do you agree?

A. Yes I agree
B. No I do not agree
C. I do not know

You have a 1 in 3 chance of telling truth...go for it.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then you are saying we don't have to do good? Just have faith. I'm having trouble finding any direct answer to a very simple question among all that.

The good works Christ desires will follow on from your faith in him. These works are not something we feel pressured into doing, its an inner feeling we have when Christ abides in us.

Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your love for God or the lack of it
will determine the outcome of your fate.

Do you agree?

A. Yes I agree
B. No I do not agree
C. I do not know

You have a 1 in 3 chance of telling truth...go for it.

I don't like filling in the questionaires of man, simply because man is wicked and secondly i'm not great at answering A,B,C,D and E questions anyway. I know within my heart where my love lyes and who loves me.

god Bless

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have gone back to "saved by faith alone".

It never ceases to amaze me that people think they can jump from one false doctrine to another, and choose to believe it just because it makes them feel more secure.

There is no set of biblical choices out there, there is only one way, read the scripture on the straight and narrow. Faith only means we can do anything we like, which in turn means, we can follow the wider road. And if we can follow the wide road to get to heaven, that completely does away with the Straight and Narrow scripture.

Yet that scripture is in the bible....hmmm?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatdoyounkiooo

Jul 20, 2020
houston
✟579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't like filling in the questionaires of man, simply because man is wicked and secondly i'm not great at answering A,B,C,D and E questions anyway.

god Bless
If you want to flush out the devil...take away all the details.

Upvote 0

BryanJohnMaloney

Jun 15, 2017
Carmel
✟26,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps. Any view of OSAS that is different will be a contradiction.

My point was....if a person is truly saved....and then they change their theology...they remain saved.

That's some amazing weaseling, there. OSAS cannot be justified from within the fullness of Scripture. While nobody ELSE can take salvation away from someone, nowhere in Scripture does it say that there is no way someone can throw it away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The good works Christ desires will follow on from your faith in him. These works are not something we feel pressured into doing, its an inner feeling we have when Christ abides in us.

Looks like you are unable to give a straight answer so I suggest you just move on.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see it like this. There is a difference having true faith and having an "intellectual" belief. To believe is to know about Christ, to have faith is to know Christ. If you know Christ you don't live like the devil.

But Jesus taught that one can be in danger of hellfire if they look upon a woman in lust in Matthew 5:28-30. Why would Jesus warn us against such a sin if one cannot lose salvation via by sin as the Lutherans teach? The apostle John says that just hating your brother is the equivalent of not having eternal life abiding within a person (See: 1 John 3:15).

This tells me that it is not by faith alone. I have to be faithful or loyal to the Lord as a part of salvation. It's not forced upon me (regardless if I abide with the Lord or not). God does not force me to be a certain way.

“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12).

Yes, we are saved by God's grace through faith without the deeds of the Law as a part of the 1st process of salvation, but after we are saved by God's grace, we need to enter into “Sanctification” (Holy living by God's power) as a part of the salvation process. For...

1. We are justified by works and not by faith alone (James 2:24).

2. Faith without works is dead (James 2:17).

3. A person can deny God by a lack of works (Titus 1:16).

4. Jesus agreed with the lawyer that to love God, and to love your neighbor is a part of inheriting eternal life (Luke 10:25-28).

5. Those who have done good, shall come forth unto the resurrection of life; and those who have done evil, shall come forth unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:29).

6. We have to continue in His goodness, otherwise we can be cut off [just like the Jews were cut off] (Romans 11:21-22).

7. Helping the poor, and the unfortunate relates to inheriting the Kingdom (Matthew 25:34-40), and not helping the poor, and the unfortunate relates to going away into everlasting punishment (Matthew 25:41-46).

8. Whoever does not righteousness or does not love his brother is not of God (1 John 3:10).

9. Whoever does what Jesus says is likened unto a wise man who built his house upon the rock, and when a storm came, it did not fall, (Matthew 7:24-25), but the person who does not do what Jesus says is likened unto a fool who built his house upon the sand, and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house (Matthew 7:26-27).

10. Abiding in Jesus will bear much fruit, but if a person does not abide in Jesus [thereby being unfruitful], they are cast out [or cut off] like a branch to be burned in the fire (John 15:5-6).

11. If the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing (1 Peter 4:18-19).

12. Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14) (NKJV).

So no. It's not by faith alone.
Even James 2:24 uses this very words to refute such an idea.
Then again some try to change what James said, or they disregard the book of James altogether because they don't like what he said.

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Looks like you are unable to give a straight answer so I suggest you just move on.

move onto where? am i trespassing in a section of the forum i shouldn't be in?. I might take the boat to the other side while other Christians try to humble you in the Lord.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lets look at the real definition of OSAS.

Here it is..

Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved.

If you have an argument against this, then you have a real spiritual problem.
As the only alternative is...."i am saving myself, i am keeping myself saved".

There is no in between.

If God forces us to be saved after making a one time decision for Christ, then why doesn't God just force everyone to be saved in the same like manner?

See, that's why God desires faithfulness after we come to Christ.

For even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19).

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It never ceases to amaze me that people think they can jump from one false doctrine to another, and choose to believe it just because it makes them feel more secure.

There is only one way, read the scripture on the straight and narrow. Faith only means we can do anything we like, which in turn means, we can follow the wider road. And if we can follow the wide road to get to heaven, that completely does away with the Straight and Narrow scripture.

Yet that scripture is in the bible....hmmm?

I understand your thinking, but we can't live any way we like if we have genuine faith. If you have true faith, you serve him you love. That's the consequence from loving Christ. If you are a doctor, you help ill people or you are not really a doctor, at least you won't keep your job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If God forces us to be saved after making a one time decision for Christ, then why doesn't God just force everyone to be saved in the same like manner?

12 disciples with 12 different personalities, none of them similar. God made us all different but they all had faith, some stronger than others, some very weak like Thomas.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand your thinking, but we can't live in any way we like if we have genuine faith. If you have true faith, you serve him you love. That's the consequence from loving Christ. If you are a doctor, you help ill people or you are not really a doctor, at least you won't keep your job.

I didn't expect a straight answer so, no worries.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's some amazing weaseling, there. OSAS cannot be justified from within the fullness of Scripture. While nobody ELSE can take salvation away from someone, nowhere in Scripture does it say that there is no way someone can throw it away.
What must one do to lose salvation?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
move onto where? am i trespassing in a section of the forum i shouldn't be in?. I might take the boat to the other side while other Christians try to humble you in the Lord.

God Bless

Somewhere other than this question of mine. I would have thought thatwas very clear.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

See, that's why God desires faithfulness after we come to Christ.

For even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19).

In reality you don't make a decision for Christ...Christ chooses you.

Upvote 0