✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satanic Temple head: ‘More than 50% of our membership is LGBTQ’

August 29, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — “It would be a conservative estimate to say that more than 50 percent of our membership is LGBTQ,” the head of the Satanic Temple said in a recent interview.

Lucien Greaves, who runs the U.S. Satanic Temple, told U.K.-based Attitude magazine, “From the start, when one of our early actions was the Pink Mass, a lot of LGBTQ people were looking for another community that didn’t see them as defined by their sexual orientation.”

It appears Greaves was referring to a ritual he performed at the grave of the mother of the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, a fringe, vehemently anti-Catholic group condemned by pro-family activists for, among other things, reducing people to the sum of their sexual attractions (just as the LGBT lobby does). The “black mass,” meanwhile, is a blasphemous mockery of the Catholic Mass that includes the desecration of a consecreated host, which the Catholic Church teaches is the literal body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ.

“Within the Satanic Temple, we’re all pretty much one and the same,” Greaves continued. “We’re all Satanists and it’s not like we have ‘tolerance’ for trans people or gay people or sex workers, we just don’t f------ care, and a lot of people in those communities appreciate that.”

The Satanic Temple has made a name for itself campaigning against pro-life laws in the name of “religious freedom” and supporting the LGBT lobby.

“Our chapters are always involved with Pride parades in the United States, they’re always doing something for the LGBTQ community and they’re always open about inclusion,” said Greaves.

Other recent activities by the Satanic Temple include erecting a statue next to a Nativity scene in Illinois and bringing a giant statue of Baphomet — a half-man, half-goat creature representing the devil — to the Arkansas state capitol.

The late Vatican chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth wrote in his book An Exorcist Explains the Demonic that satanic influence can “lead to confusion about one’s gender,” “particularly in the young.”

“The most frequent weak points in man are, from time to time, always the same: pride, money, and lust,” he wrote.

More at link: Satanic Temple head: ‘More than 50% of our membership is LGBTQ’

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I honestly can't blame LGBTQ people for rejecting Christianity because of the way they have been disparaged and marginalized by conservative Christians. Many of them have been shunned and abandoned by their Christian family and/or church because of their sexual orientation. It's been a constant uphill battle for LGBTQ people having to fight for civil rights and equality, as well as having to fight against religious prejudice and discrimination solely based upon their sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I honestly can't blame LGBTQ people for rejecting Christianity because of the way they have been disparaged and marginalized by conservative Christians. Many of them have been shunned and abandoned by their Christian family and/or church because of their sexual orientation. It's been a constant uphill battle for LGBTQ people having to fight for civil rights and equality, as well as having to fight against religious prejudice and discrimination solely based upon their sexual orientation.
I kind of expected Christians who hold to orthodox beliefs to be vilified by some here. Thanks for not disappointing me.

It’s always someone else.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I kind of expected Christians who hold to orthodox beliefs to be vilified by some here. Thanks for not disappointing me.

It’s always someone else.

Did I say something that was wrong? Are Christians not responsible for their personal behavior toward other people and responsible for their personal Christian witness? Are Christians not responsible for how they treat other people who are different than they are? Does the unloving actions of a Christian toward a LGBTQ person not matter? People can either be drawn to Jesus or pushed away from Him by how they are treated by Christians. Christians can be a blessing or they can be stumbling block.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think there's an extent to which people who have these desires, and act on them, or who feel positively about those desires, will naturally flee from any kind of strong, traditional, Scriptural, uncompromising Christian faith and praxis.

And not only flee it, but in some cases, viscously mock it.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did I say something that was wrong? Are Christians not responsible for their personal behavior toward other people and responsible for their personal Christian witness? Are Christians not responsible for how they treat other people who are different than they are?
It’s the usual generalization that I take issue with. The assertion.

You are making this about alleged actions of others forcing gay people into the arms of the Satanists.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do think there's an extent to which people who have these desires, and act on them, or who feel positively about those desires, will naturally flee from any kind of strong, traditional, Scriptural, uncompromising Christian faith and praxis.

And not only flee it, but in some cases, viscously mock it.
I think the comments by the exorcists were informative. There’s a lack of belief in the supernatural which is quite concerning.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s the usual generalization that I take issue with. The assertion.

You are making this about alleged actions of others forcing gay people into the arms of the Satanists.

I think it is possible that the unloving and callous attitude of a Christian toward an LGBTQ person can emotionally affect the LGBTQ person and cause emotional damage. It can also push them away from Christianity. It could very well cause them to turn to another religion, even if that religion is Satanism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it is possible that the unloving and callous attitude of a Christian toward an LGBTQ person can emotionally affect the LGBTQ person and cause emotional damage. It can also push them away from Christianity. It could very well cause them to turn to another religion, even if that religion is Satanism.
That could go for just about anyone. It is possible and I’m sure such has happened.

But to assume it has to do with a person being homosexual as opposed to it being those who want to be a church member and continue in sin, two much different things.

I don’t know of any churches which don’t have a “come all to hear the Gospel.” But I do know most churches have Biblical statements of faith on what it means to be a church member or partner.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Gay people in general have more diverse religious affiliation than the general US population, so it doesn't surprise me that a particular non-Christian religious organization has alot of LGBT people.. That doesn't mean most gays are particularly inclined towards Satanism. About half identify as Christian.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Satanic Temple head: ‘More than 50% of our membership is LGBTQ’

August 29, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — “It would be a conservative estimate to say that more than 50 percent of our membership is LGBTQ,” the head of the Satanic Temple said in a recent interview.

Lucien Greaves, who runs the U.S. Satanic Temple, told U.K.-based Attitude magazine, “From the start, when one of our early actions was the Pink Mass, a lot of LGBTQ people were looking for another community that didn’t see them as defined by their sexual orientation.”

It appears Greaves was referring to a ritual he performed at the grave of the mother of the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, a fringe, vehemently anti-Catholic group condemned by pro-family activists for, among other things, reducing people to the sum of their sexual attractions (just as the LGBT lobby does). The “black mass,” meanwhile, is a blasphemous mockery of the Catholic Mass that includes the desecration of a consecreated host, which the Catholic Church teaches is the literal body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ.

“Within the Satanic Temple, we’re all pretty much one and the same,” Greaves continued. “We’re all Satanists and it’s not like we have ‘tolerance’ for trans people or gay people or sex workers, we just don’t f------ care, and a lot of people in those communities appreciate that.”

The Satanic Temple has made a name for itself campaigning against pro-life laws in the name of “religious freedom” and supporting the LGBT lobby.

“Our chapters are always involved with Pride parades in the United States, they’re always doing something for the LGBTQ community and they’re always open about inclusion,” said Greaves.

Other recent activities by the Satanic Temple include erecting a statue next to a Nativity scene in Illinois and bringing a giant statue of Baphomet — a half-man, half-goat creature representing the devil — to the Arkansas state capitol.

The late Vatican chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth wrote in his book An Exorcist Explains the Demonic that satanic influence can “lead to confusion about one’s gender,” “particularly in the young.”

“The most frequent weak points in man are, from time to time, always the same: pride, money, and lust,” he wrote.

More at link: Satanic Temple head: ‘More than 50% of our membership is LGBTQ’

Worshipping their baphomet cosmic androgyne Lucifer.

Today's sodomites, kadesh, male cross-dressing temple prostitutes.
Strong's Hebrew: 6945. קָדֵשׁ (qadesh) -- a temple prostitute

Stay vigilant, with modern cosmetic surgical procedures they're almost impossible to spot.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gay people in general have more diverse religious affiliation than the general US population, so it doesn't surprise me that a particular non-Christian religious organization has alot of LGBT people.. That doesn't mean most gays are particularly inclined towards Satanism. About half identify as Christian.
And the article made it clear the claim came from the satanic temple.

Of course no one is claiming the majority of gays are Satanists.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
And the article made it clear the claim came from the satanic temple.

Of course no one is claiming the majority of gays are Satanists.

The insinuation seems to be that being LGBT is linked to Satanism in some essential way, and I'm arguing that the association is simply due to LGBT individuals being marginalized, and having less reasons to invest in a Christian identity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The insinuation seems to be that being LGBT is linked to Satanism in some essential way,
Which part of the article? The exorcist comments?

and I'm arguing that the association is simply due to LGBT individuals being marginalized, and having less reasons to invest in a Christian identity.
Do you think their is another side of the story? Perhaps churches which affirm Biblical and historic Christian morals will not recognize the unrepentant as members?

If what you are saying is the reason LGBT end up in a satanist temple is due to acceptance into a community, what is that really informing us?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Which part of the article? The exorcist comments?

Do you think their is another side of the story? Perhaps churches which affirm Biblical and historic Christian morals will not recognize the unrepentant as members?

If what you are saying is the reason LGBT end up in a satanist temple is due to acceptance into a community, what is that really informing us?

Many non-Christian religions accept gay people as equal members in their religious communities. There is no need to see Satanism as exceptional in this regard.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many non-Christian religions accept gay people as equal members in their religious communities. There is no need to see Satanism as exceptional in this regard.
That wasn’t what I was asking about.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
LGBTQ+ flee from evangelical Christianity and their assertions made above, and the posts above are examples of why.

If we all love and lean on the Lord, and if all stop inserting our own interpretations leaving it to Jesus to interceded with non-believers, our towns and neighborhoods would be much happier.

Oh, the assertion questioning the Christian affiliation by KKK members, check
The Klan, White Christianity, and the Past and Present | a response to ...

https://voices.uchicago.edu › religionculture › 2017/06/26 › the-klan-whit...Jun 26, 2017 - The Klan's religious nationalism, its vision of a white Protestant America, became ... the rise of America's most notorious homegrown brand of fascism. ... nativism made him particularly attractive in the eyes of Klan members.

A preacher used Christianity to revive the Ku Klux ... - Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › news › retropolis › 2018/04/08 › the-pre... Apr 10, 2018 - Restricting membership to white Christians, the Klan wore white ... “The Ku Klux Klan in the South and West is largely dominated by 'lame duck' ...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Where is your evidence of this disparaging?

Upvote 0