Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HowardDean said:
Apparently you aren't senstive to that.
Your icon says other religion. Are you christian? if not, then you wouldn't notice those things.
I don't doubt, I know it was, whether you believe it or not.

why does this always happen? As if because someone has another feeling about something, or they experience it differently, then they must not at all?

Just becasue L doesn't get this 'sense' from posters, doesn't mean he doesn't get it at all. And since when has such 'senses' of evil or of something wrong been exclusively a christian thing?

people these days

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
GuitarHero2 said:
...just for the record bands such as Emperor and Immortal are not satanic what so ever,...they are paganist.

sadly, such facts will go unheeded, because we all know that any band with an 'evil' image is 0mg! satunest!

also, many bands are anti-christian or anti-religion, it doesn't make them allied with satan. They just dislike it enough to make fun or it or mock it. But nobody should take offense (especially enough offense to clump them with those we damn to hell) what we believe just isn't important to some others.

It's childish really, many christians take it seriously someone not believing (not a bad thing), but their reactions are like a little kids. Putting a band/singer/artist in the 'satanist' category because they don't believe what you do is like saying "well, you made fun of me so i'm going to believe that you're like those that will burn in hell"
I honestly thing that many christians use that mentality to justify (subconciously) their childish feelings of wanting to get back at them.

Upvote 0

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ScottyL said:
Yam did you see video I gave you a link to??

If not here it is again:

It's a fake documentary comedy on black metal. I found it funny:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...murder&pl=true

i don't recall such a rendevous, but i do know this: the link gave me a 'google video error'

this "it's yam's b-day this week, but it past already!" notification is making my itchy...

Upvote 0

Bluwav

Jan 3, 2006
SC
✟7,966.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yam Kimil said:
Man, i though you really knew what you were talking about, until you said slayer.

For clarity's sake, slayer adopted a satanic appearance (lyric and music wise) for shock purposes, simple as that.

Here's a list of downright satanic bands

Marduk
Emperor
Darkthrone
Dark Funeral
Mayhem
Immortal
Carpathian Forest
(i.e. many black metal bands)

as for stuff like cradle of filth and possibly slipknot, i think they adopt the satanic image (whether or not its there, people still think so) to further imbue that they're so 'dark'...bleh...

in fact, just to help
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/black_metal

In no way is Slipknot satanic. At all. I dont know about cradle of filth, but I do like their song nymthamine. (sp?) The closeest thing I listen to a satanic band is Slayer, and I know for a fact they are NOT a satanic band.

Oh, and for anyone that even utters Black Sabbath, I should kick you in the face.

ya know whats halerious though? Venom, who created the genre. The lyrcis are cheesy as hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DilyX

Warrior of God
May 16, 2006
Oslo
✟7,644.00
Faith
Catholic
Why do you acutally like these bands, i live in Norway.. they have the main export of Black (satanic) metal.. I listned to alot of it when i was a little kid.. Why should you not listen to it?: well it`s actually quite simple. It mocks religion, probably christianity. And just by starting this thread we help other people to listen to the crap. Seriously i listen to death metal most of the time.. there are ALOT of good christian death-metal bands out there. the christian hardcore music scene is BIG. This may sound like a agressive post :) so ill just end it by giving a list of some good christian bands ;)

Some good groups:
* Haste the day
* Demon Hunter
* As i lay dying ++

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chrome

It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ScottyL said:
Why do we listen to black metal??? because we like the mood it creates. BTW none of those bands are death metal.

indeed, personally, i like BM more than Death, mostly because of the far difference in style, though both are aquired tastes. As for lyrics, i've never been bothered by any bands lyrics. Because music is called music for a reason, no one says 'oh yeah, i was jamming to some lyrics earlier'. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me, i can listen to the most 'blasphemous' band ever if i like the music.

If i can listen to 'Die for the Government' from Anti-flag and pay no heed, whilst being in the army, that's saying something.

Upvote 0

Firehotchickadee234

Senior Contributor
May 12, 2006
Virginia
✟17,574.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Led Zepplin (some of the Members) are Satanic. I didn't know that until I reasearched them. I would have never known by just their music. Marylin Manson is...he used to be a christian but the (i think) Converted to some sort of occult.

Upvote 0